Quiting drinking sucks

Cold turkey is not a healthy or safe way to stop drinking.

You can and should have one beer a day during the first week for safety reasons alone, if you are so addicted that you get DTs.

And even if you aren't, it's a good way to prevent other unpleasant side effects, such as nausea. After a week or two, you can cut out the beer as well.

But you shouldn't drink it at a bar or while watching sports--that's a good way to fall off the wagon. You should drink it in your bathroom, where you would take any other medicine, because in this context that is exactly what it is: Medicine.

(Source: Personal experience and dozens of peer-reviewed articles from reputable sources, many of which you can find online if you look hard enough.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
How’re you doing man?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Good friend of mine wrapped his brand new car around a tree about six months ago because he was habitually drunk for years. He was a very high functioning alcoholic, to the point where his newfound sobriety makes doing mundane things that much harder. He's an anime buddy with whom I almost always chatted about this show or that...and while he's slowly getting back into that, at first the pressure to stay sober and the side-effects were so strong, he couldn't even enjoy that.

I can so relate to this. Not the high functioning bit, I was pretty terrible at being a drunk, but the... getting used to things not always being dialed up to eleven? Not even just not finding joy in things I once loved, but finding that love has been replaced with sorrow. I think that’s the realization of resentment between the self and the reflection. I’m only just recently starting to get back into music.

Speaking of which, here’s a modern artistic rendition of a healing ritual performed in a reconstruction of a lost protogermanic language. Or, at least, that’s what I gathered from the comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNu6FmaUIB0

Seriously one of my favorite songs right now. I wouldn’t blame anybody for not liking it, but give it a listen. Seems relevant.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Life is too short to not be high on something 24/7. Whether it's alcohol, weed or PoE.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
k1rage wrote:

Im through the worst part now

the first 24 hrs is the nasty part

Now I just feel tired

Its kind of an intense experience

also dont have any kind of insurance

You're not out of the woods yet. days 2 and 3 are when the DTs will set in if you're going to get them.

It's likely you'll just feel sick and be ok. It's great you want to give something up that you enjoyed but that you decided had some serious downsides. Just be aware, Dalai is 100% right. If you're getting any symptoms other than some mild shakes (look up the symptoms), GET TO A HOSPITAL.

They'll probably [well, they should!] give you benzos and a bed in a nice dark room, so hey.

"
CanHasPants wrote:

Speaking of which, here’s a modern artistic rendition of a healing ritual performed in a reconstruction of a lost protogermanic language. Or, at least, that’s what I gathered from the comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNu6FmaUIB0

Seriously one of my favorite songs right now. I wouldn’t blame anybody for not liking it, but give it a listen. Seems relevant.

Wow. I love this.

And yes, it's apt.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 15, 2018, 9:41:31 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

also dont have any kind of insurance

#thoughtsandprayers

Yeah as my old grandpa used to say we have two categories in this country the insured and the dead lol
I dont see any any key!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Cold turkey is not a healthy or safe way to stop drinking.

You can and should have one beer a day during the first week for safety reasons alone, if you are so addicted that you get DTs.

And even if you aren't, it's a good way to prevent other unpleasant side effects, such as nausea. After a week or two, you can cut out the beer as well.

But you shouldn't drink it at a bar or while watching sports--that's a good way to fall off the wagon. You should drink it in your bathroom, where you would take any other medicine, because in this context that is exactly what it is: Medicine.

(Source: Personal experience and dozens of peer-reviewed articles from reputable sources, many of which you can find online if you look hard enough.)

If I could have just one beer I wouldent have a problem lol

There is no such thing as one beer for me
I dont see any any key!
A L C O H O L I C
"
IMSilver wrote:
A L C O H O L I C

yeah thats me
I dont see any any key!
I couldnt drink and run 7 miles a day (6 days a week). Thats its own high - you should try it. I feel fantastic all the time but especially when I run. Only issue is I spend a lot on shoes burn through a $150 pair every month. (asics nimbus gels are my favs)

https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/gel-nimbus-20/p/0010308359.401

I tried running barefoot like those african dudes but glass and metal on roads here is pretty prevalent. Probably from you drinkers beer bottles and cans.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 15, 2018, 5:57:57 PM
The EASIEST way to solve your problems is to commit a MURDER and they'll take to a VERY SPECIAL place where you won't have alcohol. TRUST ME.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info