Quiting drinking sucks

"
k1rage wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Spoiler
Cold turkey is not a healthy or safe way to stop drinking.

You can and should have one beer a day during the first week for safety reasons alone, if you are so addicted that you get DTs.

And even if you aren't, it's a good way to prevent other unpleasant side effects, such as nausea. After a week or two, you can cut out the beer as well.

But you shouldn't drink it at a bar or while watching sports--that's a good way to fall off the wagon. You should drink it in your bathroom, where you would take any other medicine, because in this context that is exactly what it is: Medicine.

(Source: Personal experience and dozens of peer-reviewed articles from reputable sources, many of which you can find online if you look hard enough.)

If I could have just one beer I wouldent have a problem lol

There is no such thing as one beer for me

That’s what I was thinking >.> You don’t really have a drinking problem if you’re able to have one beer per day at the bathroom sink. Even if I were only allowed to drink right there, at the medicine cabinet, I’d just sit on the shitter all day and get drunk.

"
erdelyii wrote:

I’m glad somebody did ^-^ Was their (Heilung’s) second song I listened to, and I immediately bought the whole album. Whole thing is freakin’ great!
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Yep! I was primed :)

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 16, 2018, 8:12:28 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
Im through the worst part now

the first 24 hrs is the nasty part

Now I just feel tired

Its kind of an intense experience

also dont have any kind of insurance

Hang in there, by 72 hours you should be through the most dangerous part. If for some reason, you start spiking a fever, start getting hallucinations (snake like shadows on the walls are the most common, but some get auditory as well) or start feeling like you just can't think clearly (which is usually ammonia build up in the brain) - go into any urgent care/ER clinic. At this point, you shouldn't be getting those symptoms.

For recovery, your body almost certainly needs a few key things -

Thiamine (Vitamin B-1)
Plenty of Water
Vitamin C and Potassium (Orange Juice is a good source of both)
Some multivitamins

Don't overdo any of these, your liver (which processes most medications) is also in recovery mode, so too much can be toxic.

Depending on what your daily intake was before, it may require a week or so before things are close to balanced. Avoid caffeine, stimulants or stress if you can for a couple weeks, as the recovery process of withdrawal is essentially your system is trying to come down from too much stimulation (to counter the nervous system depression of alcohol).

Things should start to feel a whole lot better soon.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Im through the worst part now

the first 24 hrs is the nasty part

Now I just feel tired

Its kind of an intense experience

also dont have any kind of insurance

Hang in there, by 72 hours you should be through the most dangerous part. If for some reason, you start spiking a fever, start getting hallucinations (snake like shadows on the walls are the most common, but some get auditory as well) or start feeling like you just can't think clearly (which is usually ammonia build up in the brain) - go into any urgent care/ER clinic. At this point, you shouldn't be getting those symptoms.

For recovery, your body almost certainly needs a few key things -

Thiamine (Vitamin B-1)
Plenty of Water
Vitamin C and Potassium (Orange Juice is a good source of both)
Some multivitamins

Don't overdo any of these, your liver (which processes most medications) is also in recovery mode, so too much can be toxic.

Depending on what your daily intake was before, it may require a week or so before things are close to balanced. Avoid caffeine, stimulants or stress if you can for a couple weeks, as the recovery process of withdrawal is essentially your system is trying to come down from too much stimulation (to counter the nervous system depression of alcohol).

Things should start to feel a whole lot better soon.

Im feeling better now

Just have to keep reminding myself to stick to it this time
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
Im feeling better now

Honestly, that's the hardest part.

I recommend exercise. Even if I can only motivate myself to exercise for 3 minutes a day, adding that little bit to my routine is often just enough to push myself into sticking to other good habits, including sobriety.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"

Im feeling better now

One day at a time, sometimes one breath at a time.
Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 19, 2018, 7:11:25 AM
I'm a pretty heavy drinker but I only drink on weekends....

To be honest,never liked alcohol,I was kinda guy to have a can of beer once a month or two and that was it.

But last 2 years depression and stress started hitting extreme levels and alcohol at the end of the week helps with that so much. I often find myself running out from work directly to a bar on fridays.

Anyway,hope you overcome your addiction buddy,best wishes.
"
k1rage wrote:
Just saying hello from withdrawal land

I might explain when I stop shaking

The worst part is that You suddenly have much more time that You dont know what to do with it.

Never had drinking problem but have friends with that and friends who fight this shit. Personally i prefer smoking (not tobacco) and from time to time psychedelics. Not addictive and gives way much more healthy relationship with the Self.

Also imnot promoting this - just sharing experience. Also if anyone is interested LEARND FIRST, then decide if You want to try. And remeber - legal doesnt mean its safe.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Im feeling better now

I recommend exercise. Even if I can only motivate myself to exercise for 3 minutes a day, adding that little bit to my routine is often just enough to push myself into sticking to other good habits, including sobriety.

How can anybody exercise for 3 minutes?
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Im feeling better now

How can anybody exercise for 3 minutes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info