TeGnGcGent Stash Tab Constriction Non Paying Players

As someone who has bought a lot of stash tabs - OP is right and extra stash tabs are pay to win/ basically required for map-level play if you want to be somewhat efficient with trading. Trading, for me, is an integral part of PoE because of how tied up it is to high level progression - can you honestly say that you have gotten *insert chase unique* in a trade league with a premium tab for selling stuff than you would with acquisition? My wealth gen is 1/3 gameplay and 2/3 selling stuff, and I don't flip.
"
Lvgamer wrote:
"
rahven32 wrote:
This again?

Just make another account and store everything on a mule. Simple. You can make a billion accounts if you want. If that is to inconvenient buy some tabs or just deal with it.

They go on sell all the time. Skip some fast food one day and buy some tabs.

OK mule accounts are fine and dandy... HOW about the people that can NOT run more than one client on the PC, OR have more than one PC layn around. I freaking hate when i see people say make mule accounts and trade the items, when some can't do it... So they are stuck with 4 lame tabs, and can't even sell from. few years back 4 lame tabs would be fine, because there wasn't that much to store, NOW there is TONS of things to store.

You don't actually play on the mules just trade. You can practically run a potato for just trades. You can literally have 10fps and it won't matter.
@petitcrabe1

At this point I just realise that there is no arguing with you. There are a bunch of people explaining you clearly you are incorrect and you keep using the same lame arguments and a Wikipedia definition that clearly does not apply in this particular case.

People presented you clear examples of actual Demo's that can relate and that prove clearly POE is not that at all.

You are just a self entitled individual who wants handouts after using a product for around 2 years. Well tough luck and sucks to be you: you deserve nothing and have no say in this regardless. You bring nothing of value to this game or it's community.

You know those Remora fish that use their flat head to attach themselves to a shark and travel around like a freeloader eating the leftovers from the shark's meals? All this while they can actually swim and feed themselves.

You = Remora

Supporters/GGG = The shark

Want to know why the Remora's is actually superior to you? They don't come and complain on forums for the sharks to eat more food so they get more leftovers.

You are sad considering you enjoyed something totally free of charge for 2 years and you come and make demands and claims. You have no fucking right or shame for that matter.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Jun 14, 2018, 4:49:36 AM
"
joebagz wrote:
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
Im not the one who call people ignorant while knowing nothing about words definition.

And hes not being a pathetic human here and arguing semantics of what shareware is.... PoE is not shareware. You know this. Stop linking the same definition over and over again. No one agrees with your or OPs lazy “I'm the victim in a free video game” bullshit visage because you don’t want to spend any money.

I doubt you read anything I say..
1. Im not arguing the meaning of a word you are.
2. I dont feel like a victim at all or care about what GGG provide in the demo... I just explained to someone in confusion why some of the posters in this thread feel betrayed by misrepresentation by using a term that does not fit the actual description of provided game and even said in other post that this kind of topic would not exist if the representation was accurate as there would be no point to argue.
3. When you sign for any free storage on the internet, you get what they call a demo storage. Something that isnt enough for justified need but is just enough to let you trial the process. This is what PoE does and is how wikipedia, dictionary and any other book that explain words meaning will tell you. This is the same with many games and some are even worse at the process. It is well known, documented and if you wanna know 1 of the worse doing this kind of thing. Look at Marvel Onlin and yet they still provide 1 stash tab during Christmas times if you simply log in at a certain date...

So no, I dont care.
So no, I dont feel like a victim because I dont pay.
and Yes, if they used the proper terminology for the game this thread would never have existed*
and no, Im not OP, I simply replied to a question about someone confused as to why they were so mad about GGG misrepresentation of product with actual definition because some people have big issues with words meaning.
So if anyone replying and being pathetic without reading, it's you. You sit there without reading and judging me to bring a dictionary to explain the confusion a poster had about SOMEONE ELSE point of view... As for me, I dont really care. I havnt spent because I come on and off since the game always has some bug issues, random crash in varying amount.(depending on leagues I played 3-4 leagues top for a month top)
Only a dropout would say that the dictionary, sourced Wikipedia and the whole freeware community is wrong about the definition of words that been set in the stone for the last 30 years.

"
joebagz wrote:
At no point in this game are you ever asked to purchase anything related to your progress or continued use of the software.

You dont know what a shareware is. It's funny how you did not even read the definition of the word.
Some shareware are more agressive then other and other just show a little msg on screen that they would appreciate your support. Wait, it happen in chat... Now, as I said on many occasion and will continue to do so. Im not caring about the practice of GGG, their choices or anything. Im simply presenting facts and truth about what they offer. If you do not even care to understand what a shareware is, the type of shareware or having the slight knowledge about words meaning. Be My Guest. All I did was explain how the poor presentation of Free To Play is more Free To Try. Just like a site that offer limited storage for Hosting pics or files. Some people will be able to host all their needs and fulfill all their storage needs with a Demo account. But the limited space of the Demo account will still be limiting the size of storage in order to push the user toward the "obvious" condition of "Hey! I really do need more space! I will need to purchase."

As for me, my non-purchase are not related to that choosing of a template, but more of a game that always has issues regarding a feature or another regardless of which of the 4 leagues I played about 2 weeks- 1 month each top to the exception of bestiary that hovered a little over a month. I did feel constricted by the stash tab, I did consider buying some and I knew they were simply not mentioning the word "demo/trial". I still did not care. Each league I played had either crash(Even casting a totem on a abyss crack is still insta crash for lot of ppl), get a zone that wont load because of server issues while my comp is sitting between 30% and 50% cpu usage or unresponsiveness of the engine where I can play 2 hours no problem and the next day my fps spike from 2 fps to 60 every 5 seconds. This was experiences on several computer over a few years. Add to this fact that the engine get worse and worse with each passing years and by the end of bestiary I stopped playing my Death Oath witch because Malediction has been causing crashe randomly to make some maps unplayable with the character.(Pen, Lava Chambers, , Apex, Alluring Abyss, Abyss crack = no Wither totem or insta crash, monsters dying sometime would crash). The leaguestone league I played maybe 1 week would have server issue where zone would not load and when I tried the lab expand for 3-4 days the lab would stop loading next zone halfway through. So yeah, now we can get back to reality of words meaning and stop trying to make belief some false assumptions on my willingness to buy as I am a steam user and buying things to support like in CS:GO is a non issue for me.(When things actually WORK). You will also notice that a game like CS:GO IS Actually FREE to play. You BUY the game and everything else IS free. There are no "Skin stash" and there are no way to control market by having a bigger stash then the other guy... I know I might have lost you with confusing words, but take your time and ask a someone to translate for you.

So to that, I will say, thank you for your time but you were really off topic with your claimed backed by pure imagination.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:

People presented you clear examples of actual Demo's that can relate and that prove clearly POE is not that at all.

Nah, they presented perception and I presented fact.. But if you still need more and more...

When you sign for a trial/demo cloud storage for free. You get a limited space forever(Stash Tabs). You can use it as much as you want but are limited in space. There no interpretation here.. Just facts. If you want more MB/GB of storage(Stash tabs) and no longer be a demo/trial account you have to pay.
Its not alien language. Its english, its simple and its facts.

*Here what was my post to explain the situation of other posters in this thread and to explain how they felt.
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:

"
I raise this as I would strongly encourage those people complaining to assess their own sense of entitlement and rather than complain about those things they do not have, enjoy the things you have. If we could all do this then maybe Wraeclast may be a better place for us all.

But the game is not free to play, its a DEMO/ a TRIAL. Game that offer the same kind of gimmicky limitation will call it "TRIAL" or "DEMO".

"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
Im pretty sure if it was called a "DEMO" or "Trial" that no one would of even made this topic.

Feel free to look up the complete post... I simply highlighted the important

Limitation of storage = Demo. Just like any file hosting provider, email provide, games that provide full content but less space and/or slower server to not paying customer and/or more depending on how they want to proceed. It allow you to demo the content without being able to have the same as paying customer. This is the Straight Up Definition Of Demo/trial... It couldnt even be more clear.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

But I do agree, it is a little surprising space hasn't seen additional upgrades.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 14, 2018, 7:38:16 PM
"
...Limitation of storage = Demo. Just like any file hosting provider, email provide, games that provide full content but less space and/or slower server to not paying customer and/or more depending on how they want to proceed. It allow you to demo the content without being able to have the same as paying customer. This is the Straight Up Definition Of Demo/trial... It couldnt even be more clear.

By that definition storage would have to be infinite to not be a demo. Which is not true at all.
"
rahven32 wrote:
"
...Limitation of storage = Demo. Just like any file hosting provider, email provide, games that provide full content but less space and/or slower server to not paying customer and/or more depending on how they want to proceed. It allow you to demo the content without being able to have the same as paying customer. This is the Straight Up Definition Of Demo/trial... It couldnt even be more clear.

By that definition storage would have to be infinite to not be a demo. Which is not true at all.

I think you are confusing limiting and limited. If you have a free file hosting account. They are LIMITING your upload capacity(stash). By purchasing you are upgrading to an account that is limited by your purchase. You Pay To Gain. This is exactly what "Not free" is about. It ask you to pay more and more and more for more storage. I bought ton of keys and skins on cs:go years after I started playing... They never been limiting on my account prior to the purchases. This is what people are talking about.
Now, while I explained about someone confusion on why this thread even exist. There is almost 150 maps, 230+ div cards by now(so much stash space lol), 65 currency items that create countless stacks, 12 fragments type(4 space per set!), 100 essences which take up several slots and pages. Im not even talking about gear swap, keeping gems or even trying to experience what it's like to do vendor recipes or even considering trading! You get a full stash before even thinking about gear swap and the sort. Over the years PoE has worked to constrict more and more the stash in order to force sales and that is obvious. Buying tab is not the "quality of life" that it used to be. PoE is free to try, pay to play. Again, they can pick the business model they want... Im not here to tell them to change or anything. I simply explained to the confusion of some the reality of things.

So remember that limiting and limited is not the same. You can breath a limited amount of air per hour, but if I was to be limiting the air you get and offer you more for $$$. What would I be doing ? I would give you a demo at what breathing feel like and tell you that if you wanna do it proper you need to pay. The same scenario can be put to everything other than breathing or file hosting. The definition I posted in earlier posts are very accurate, from wiki and been words definition that been set in stones for close to 30 years. Its not magic, it's plain and simple english. Take a few minutes to read them up and maybe they will explain it better than me! I even wrote which wiki page they were! Easy find!
Started playing when PoE came to Garena SEA, when dominus still the last boss in story and there was no ascendancy. I played from there until Shaper without buying more stash tabs, it's kinda a hinder but I managed just fine. I made alot of alts, acting as free stash tab. Even until now, I only bought currency stash tab, map stash tab, divination cards stash tab, 1 premium stash tab, and 3 general stash tab. Have no problem at all in playing the game.
Last edited by bewilder2 on Jun 16, 2018, 5:14:40 AM
"
bewilder2 wrote:
Even until now, I only bought currency stash tab, map stash tab, divination cards stash tab, 1 premium stash tab, and 3 general stash tab. Have no problem at all in playing the game.

Exactly :)
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
bewilder2 wrote:
Even until now, I only bought currency stash tab, map stash tab, divination cards stash tab, 1 premium stash tab, and 3 general stash tab. Have no problem at all in playing the game.

Exactly :)

If entitlement isn't clear enough, let's put it this way.

A free to play game needs "stuff" to keep running. The player decides what they want to spend on the service.

People who don't want to spend money are given various levels of access.

People who complain that PoE is a demo are just mad they can't pirate the shit they want.

Thankfully most players realize that services have value and are willing to support them to keep them going.

A lot of us are also grateful to not have to commit $50 or more upfront to find out how much we enjoy or hate a game.
Yep, totally over league play.
Having more tabs at the start seems only fair and sensible given the increased complexity of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info