Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Killed Uber Elder for the first time today on my second set, under 5k hp. It was almost deathless, until I died around both %30 hp. Then I couldn't handle all the things going on and died once more. After that, I died once more right after I've killed him. I'm pretty sure after a few more tries, I can easily do it deatless.

Absolutely beautiful build.

Edit: It took 3:40 minutes if I combine only the fighting time on the realm. I could probably do a 3:20-3:30 deathless.
Last edited by Fenelon on Jul 16, 2018, 9:36:44 PM
"
Sequel wrote:
"
Boseafus wrote:
Hey gang,
Again, fantastic guide/build and I've so appreciated the comments to help me clear everything in the game so far...except Uber Elder.

I've tried it a few times and get about 1/2 way through the fight but just get overwhelmed with everything and die quickly. I think my gear is good enough but would love your advice for things I should switch up or try to improve in my gear to help me out. Honestly, it also just might be due to the fact that I'm losing my gaming mojo (i'm getting up there in age) and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I believe I know how to do the fight (after watching videos) but I feel pretty squishy and if I mess up at all, game over.

I do have both an elder and shaper ring so I could swith those out to benefit from Mark of the shaper. I was looking to swap out my helm to get more damage (lightning attack to spells or maybe trap damage) but I think defense might be my issue.
Here's my pastebin but I will also link my gear below. When I compare my POB to the OP, I still have a way to go with my dps I think...

If you're struggling with movement I recommend you try using Kaom's roots. You will move slowly but you can't be stunned or slowed. And the little bit of extra life will help too :-) Just make sure you're still res capped. This will also let you use an elder ring for more damage. Focus on staying alive, but don't forget setting traps -> You need the regen. Good luck!

BTW the recorded deathless video was done with about 10k tooltip base damage. And my first deathless kill was with around 8k tooltip arc trap dps. I'm at 14k tooltip damage now. So you don't need to compare yourself to my gear. It can be done with much less!

Thanks a ton Sequel. Went back at it today and got him down right away this time (with only 4 portals left) and did it again later today. Thanks again for the guide. Started making it when there were like 3 pages to this guide but it's taken me a bit longer to get it 36/40 than most.
"
Boseafus wrote:
"
Sequel wrote:
"
Boseafus wrote:
Hey gang,
Again, fantastic guide/build and I've so appreciated the comments to help me clear everything in the game so far...except Uber Elder.

I've tried it a few times and get about 1/2 way through the fight but just get overwhelmed with everything and die quickly. I think my gear is good enough but would love your advice for things I should switch up or try to improve in my gear to help me out. Honestly, it also just might be due to the fact that I'm losing my gaming mojo (i'm getting up there in age) and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I believe I know how to do the fight (after watching videos) but I feel pretty squishy and if I mess up at all, game over.

I do have both an elder and shaper ring so I could swith those out to benefit from Mark of the shaper. I was looking to swap out my helm to get more damage (lightning attack to spells or maybe trap damage) but I think defense might be my issue.
Here's my pastebin but I will also link my gear below. When I compare my POB to the OP, I still have a way to go with my dps I think...

If you're struggling with movement I recommend you try using Kaom's roots. You will move slowly but you can't be stunned or slowed. And the little bit of extra life will help too :-) Just make sure you're still res capped. This will also let you use an elder ring for more damage. Focus on staying alive, but don't forget setting traps -> You need the regen. Good luck!

BTW the recorded deathless video was done with about 10k tooltip base damage. And my first deathless kill was with around 8k tooltip arc trap dps. I'm at 14k tooltip damage now. So you don't need to compare yourself to my gear. It can be done with much less!

Thanks a ton Sequel. Went back at it today and got him down right away this time (with only 4 portals left) and did it again later today. Thanks again for the guide. Started making it when there were like 3 pages to this guide but it's taken me a bit longer to get it 36/40 than most.

Gratulations :-) Glad you like the build and thanks for the feedback
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InsaneX3/characters (Gems,Potions and Gear are currently messed up since I just finished leveling)

Can anyone tell me which items I should prioritize in getting? I have 1ex(raw) + 20c~. Tried looking for trap gloves but any decent ones are pretty expensive. I only plan on doing maps for now.
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Jul 17, 2018, 9:44:43 AM
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InsaneX3/characters (Gems,Potions and Gear are currently messed up since I just finished leveling)

Can anyone tell me which items I should prioritize in getting? I have 1ex(raw) + 20c~. Tried looking for trap gloves but any decent ones are pretty expensive. I only plan on doing maps for now.

- Stack life
- Cap Resitances
- Get a rare shield with (100% crit to spells + 100 life) link: http://poe.trade/search/dokoyahohamoro
- All gears should have 70 life on them.
- Flask: 2 life / 1 quicksilver / 1 quartz / 1 mana
- Tabula will take you to Shaper, or you can buy a 6L lvl100 chest and roll 100life on it.
- Trap gloves are not that expensive http://poe.trade/search/hagisateasausi , just don't buy ones with enchant.
"
koros wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

- Stack life
- Cap Resitances
- Get a rare shield with (100% crit to spells + 100 life) link: http://poe.trade/search/dokoyahohamoro
- Tabula will take you to Shaper, or you can buy a 6L lvl100 chest and roll 100life on it.
- Trap gloves are not that expensive http://poe.trade/search/hagisateasausi , just don't buy ones with enchant.

Thanks for the reply! Won't it be pretty hard to cap resistance if I get gloves + shield with barely any resistance? All the cheap gloves are with very low life and low resists/no resistance at all.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
"
koros wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

- Stack life
- Cap Resitances

Thanks for the reply! Won't it be pretty hard to cap resistance if I get gloves + shield with barely any resistance? All the cheap gloves are with very low life and low resists/no resistance at all.

- You have to work your way up, upgrade every single piece of gears, one by one. This is how I do when I get started.
1/ Pick all rings / amulets / belt and identify them all. Anything with 50+life and 1 good resistance (for example: 50life / 15 lightning res / 35 fire res). Keep it in your stash, don't vendor, use it to fix resistances when you switch gears.
2/ At first, if you can't cap all 3 main resistances yet (fire/cold/lightning), bring some rings while mapping, switch rings to cap the resistance which the boss deal (for example you know the boss deal fire only damage, switch ring to bring fire res to 75%).
3/ Keep stacking life and resistances until resistances are capped (keep stacking life)
4/ DPS stats (crit to spells / crit multi / lightning to spells, ect...). It's fine to stack those stats later, DPS will be enough to bring you to higher tier maps (you should have average gears with all res capped until this point)
5/ Most important: don't forget to check "Attack without Moving" in the skill slot, it allows you to stop and attack(throw) traps without targeting anything.
Since this build doesn't lack damage i tried to maximize survability and tankiness because i dont like to die, so i went MOM and watcher's eye for 10% additional damage to mana with clarity, got mana and mana regen on gear, at level 91 i have 5k life and 2,7k mana, so more than 7,2k effective hp. Average hit on POB is 66k so i'd say damage is insane anyway, and i'm not even using shimmerons because i dont like them and they are not necessary imo, i spent 15 chaos in total for my rare wands and i killed everything no problem with them, and i dont have to care about power charges and waste points to get more. Here is my gear, found everything for a few chaos, except loreweave ofc (7 ex + 2k chromes on it):

I only need to get the right enchant on helm and gloves and then i will consider it pretty much completed, maybe for uber elder you might want mark of the shaper for stun immunity but i like dream fragments and it gives a lot of cold res and mana+regen.
Now i'm tempted to try it on hardcore, i've seen nugiyen kill uber elder on SSFIHC with it quite easily. Thanks to everyone who shared their version of the build, made me understand what to prioritize. Cheers
Haven't played in years and I'm probably doing this wrong but I've tried running labs for the very first time. How can I defeat the boss with my traps without killing his buffs? Arc trap always kills everything, resulting in less keys :/
Did Uber Elder in my third try. Not deathless. Actually died for the 6th time, just as I killed him. But I got the challenge I guess. Because I can't dodge shit (and my latency sucks). There is still one attack where he drains me and I have no idea why or how to avoid it. But well, it's done.

In any case, if such a bad player like me can do this, then this means the build is amazing :D

So I will add: big thanks Sequel. First time ever I kill the final mob in this game (I mean, I always get one version late :D).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info