Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Question, is the mark of the shaper used solely to get stun resistance? Is that because uber elder stuns (never fought) and we should be using something else for the rest of content? Thanks!
Just killed my first Uber Elder on first attempt ever yesterday (died 2 times, need to train mechanics to do it deathless). I tried out dual shimmerons but I disliked it, so i switched to 1h + shield (sweet sweet shield charge). I'm using the MoM version though coz i think arc itself has more than enough damage without shimmerons and i managed to craft an awesome shaper diamond ring. 5.2k HP and 2k Mana, 18k arc tooltip in hideout (buffed with wrath only).

Last edited by drainer80 on Jul 16, 2018, 10:49:50 AM
"
myprism wrote:
Question, is the mark of the shaper used solely to get stun resistance? Is that because uber elder stuns (never fought) and we should be using something else for the rest of content? Thanks!

You equip the "Mark of the Shaper" unique ring, then you have to use another ring which is a shaped ring to get the bonus from "Mark of the Shaper" unique ring.

Notice the red stars on both sides of its name? It's a shaped ring.
----------------------
Elder will stun you with his spells, which make you unable to move and get hit by Shaper's Balls/spells right after. That's why some kind of stun immunity is recommend for a secure deathless kill.
If you're confidence that you won't get hit by anything, you're all good without it.
Last edited by koros on Jul 16, 2018, 10:57:57 AM
So when not fighting shaper, probably best to go with an elder ring?
"
myprism wrote:
So when not fighting shaper, probably best to go with an elder ring?

dps is superb, you wreck everything with the same mark of the shaper + shaped ring setup, no need to swap anything. But it's personal preference, swap if you like to :D
Cool! I'll try it out and see how it feels. DPS is really high already and I just killed kitava. Thanks for the help!
"
koros wrote:

At level 94, based on PoB, you'll have approximately 5k3 life, 50k Shaper dps with some changes:
- Pick jewel slot in Witch area and put in a 6% life or 40life jewel
- Pick 6% life node at Blood Drinker.
- Use a Shaped ring with 70+ life.
--------------------------------
Don't recommend do it without spell stun immunity, especially on 1st try
You can use Kaom's Roots instead of (mark ring and shaped ring), it makes the fight ten times easier because you can ignore most of the mechanics which can kill you. If you don't mind running abit slow.
5k5 life is recommended
Reroll your 1st and 3rd flasks, your traps crit, you don't, so the flask charge gain on crit is useless.
Your current jewels have low life on them, try to get something higher (7% and 40+ life)

Thanks for the reply. I can manage the life but what about the DPS? Is 50k enough for this build?

"
Fenelon wrote:
"
koros wrote:

At level 94, based on PoB, you'll have approximately 5k3 life, 50k Shaper dps with some changes:
- Pick jewel slot in Witch area and put in a 6% life or 40life jewel
- Pick 6% life node at Blood Drinker.
- Use a Shaped ring with 70+ life.
--------------------------------
Don't recommend do it without spell stun immunity, especially on 1st try
You can use Kaom's Roots instead of (mark ring and shaped ring), it makes the fight ten times easier because you can ignore most of the mechanics which can kill you. If you don't mind running abit slow.
5k5 life is recommended
Reroll your 1st and 3rd flasks, your traps crit, you don't, so the flask charge gain on crit is useless.
Your current jewels have low life on them, try to get something higher (7% and 40+ life)

Thanks for the reply. I can manage the life but what about the DPS? Is 50k enough for this build?

That's the DPS on 5L, should be enough for Uber Elder.
With 50k DPS:
Minataur: will have to kite for a while.
Phoenix/Hydra/Chimera: quick kill.
Shaper: quick kill.
Uber Elder: 3mins+ kill if deathless.
Last edited by koros on Jul 16, 2018, 12:29:34 PM
Hey gang,
Again, fantastic guide/build and I've so appreciated the comments to help me clear everything in the game so far...except Uber Elder.

I've tried it a few times and get about 1/2 way through the fight but just get overwhelmed with everything and die quickly. I think my gear is good enough but would love your advice for things I should switch up or try to improve in my gear to help me out. Honestly, it also just might be due to the fact that I'm losing my gaming mojo (i'm getting up there in age) and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I believe I know how to do the fight (after watching videos) but I feel pretty squishy and if I mess up at all, game over.

I do have both an elder and shaper ring so I could swith those out to benefit from Mark of the shaper. I was looking to swap out my helm to get more damage (lightning attack to spells or maybe trap damage) but I think defense might be my issue.
Here's my pastebin but I will also link my gear below. When I compare my POB to the OP, I still have a way to go with my dps I think...

https://pastebin.com/njRBqvtz

"
Boseafus wrote:
Hey gang,
Again, fantastic guide/build and I've so appreciated the comments to help me clear everything in the game so far...except Uber Elder.

I've tried it a few times and get about 1/2 way through the fight but just get overwhelmed with everything and die quickly. I think my gear is good enough but would love your advice for things I should switch up or try to improve in my gear to help me out. Honestly, it also just might be due to the fact that I'm losing my gaming mojo (i'm getting up there in age) and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I believe I know how to do the fight (after watching videos) but I feel pretty squishy and if I mess up at all, game over.

I do have both an elder and shaper ring so I could swith those out to benefit from Mark of the shaper. I was looking to swap out my helm to get more damage (lightning attack to spells or maybe trap damage) but I think defense might be my issue.
Here's my pastebin but I will also link my gear below. When I compare my POB to the OP, I still have a way to go with my dps I think...

https://pastebin.com/njRBqvtz

If you're struggling with movement I recommend you try using Kaom's roots. You will move slowly but you can't be stunned or slowed. And the little bit of extra life will help too :-) Just make sure you're still res capped. This will also let you use an elder ring for more damage. Focus on staying alive, but don't forget setting traps -> You need the regen. Good luck!

BTW the recorded deathless video was done with about 10k tooltip base damage. And my first deathless kill was with around 8k tooltip arc trap dps. I'm at 14k tooltip damage now. So you don't need to compare yourself to my gear. It can be done with much less!

Last edited by Sequel on Jul 16, 2018, 4:34:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info