Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Skillitek wrote:
How do you use two shimmer wands ... only allows me to equip one at a time .. you must use a shield as well...

Drag and Drop the shimmeron to the Spot it belongs.
Just wanted to share some of my thoughts regarding loreweave vs Tinkerskin. First, I would agree that Loreweave is superior is almost all Regards: Defence, offense stats are both way superior and even EHP provided is comparable for MoM builds like mine due to the mana provided. The initial reason I chose to run a Tinkerskin was cos my first character this league was an arc totem hierophant using a loreweave and I wanted to try out other chests and playstyle. I was reluctant to use Tinkerskin initially because many of the stats seemed pretty useless - trap cooldown reduction is almost redundant now and ES regen is only meaningful with EB (which requires 2 costly skill points investment and offer no real EHP increase). However after playing Tinkerskin to the end game, I can say there 2 main perks of using this chest.

Firstly, TS helps with no regen maps. Just like how loreweave makes -max resists map mods non existent, TS allows you to do no regen maps as long as you have EB OR a Lavianga (insane flask for mom builds - take a big hit and you can regen while still throwing traps). I do not use a life flask at all except when I’m doing Shaper guardians themselves and even then I only swap in a life flask just before reaching the boss.

Secondly (and this is the MAIN selling point), TS gives Insane mapping speed, something I wasn’t able to do on my other char and it is due to PHASING. This means you can keep running through packs and throwing traps at the same time without having to stop and wait for everything to die before you can path through them. There is no greater mapping satisfaction than throwing traps once and running alongside your arc as your arc clears and you phase through things. Granted, you need to have good movement speed and dps such that a single thow will allow you to clear approx 2 screens worth but it shouldn’t be too difficult for an arc trapper. Even in T16 maps and Incursions I run through all the packs AS I throw my traps. Having good evasion and dodge helps a lot in ensuring you only take a few hits to proc your CWDT setup and I have yet to die even once in Maps since lv 92 (excl some bosses like lava lake Kitava or Minotaur cos I’m bad at mechanics). Do NOTE that you MUST run a CWDT IC Enfeeble setup at very least to avoid deaths and have a significant EHP (min 5.5k for T15-16 maps) with acro + phase acro + good evasion/1 defensive flask (jade/stibnite). Blind from Born in the Shadows also makes such a playstyle viable. I add Phase run to the CWDT setup simply for the insane movespeed (note that casting a spell immediately ends the first phase of phase run - the move speed boost) to keep “running alongside” my arc while it is chaining (+1 chains enchant rly helps in that regard too). Also you need to have good trap throwing speed (throwing time <0.35s) for this playstyle to feel smooth. Hair Trigger helps Ensure that you proc more TS regen and I was using it up to Lv92 but now I don’t rly feel any risk of dying so I’m lazy to do a jewel swap on the tree before big boss fights.

Not trying to undermine OP’s guide since it is really well written and thought through but just wanted to offer an alternative playstyle. Overall, Loreweave is still more well-rounded for end game purposes but Tinkerskin just feels a lot more fun if you set up for it.
Last edited by ExponentMach on Jul 15, 2018, 11:36:19 PM
"
ExponentMach wrote:
Just wanted to share some of my thoughts regarding loreweave vs Tinkerskin. First, I would agree that Loreweave is superior is almost all Regards: Defence, offense stats are both way superior and even EHP provided is comparable for MoM builds like mine due to the mana provided. The initial reason I chose to run a Tinkerskin was cos my first character this league was an arc totem hierophant using a loreweave and I wanted to try out other chests and playstyle. I was reluctant to use Tinkerskin initially because many of the stats seemed pretty useless - trap cooldown reduction is almost redundant now and ES regen is only meaningful with EB (which requires 2 costly skill points investment and offer no real EHP increase). However after playing Tinkerskin to the end game, I can say there 2 main perks of using this chest.

Firstly, TS helps with no regen maps. Just like how loreweave makes -max resists map mods non existent, TS allows you to do no regen maps as long as you have EB OR a Lavianga (insane flask for mom builds - take a big hit and you can regen while still throwing traps). I do not use a life flask at all except when I’m doing Shaper guardians themselves and even then I only swap in a life flask just before reaching the boss.

Secondly (and this is the MAIN selling point), TS gives Insane mapping speed, something I wasn’t able to do on my other char and it is due to PHASING. This means you can keep running through packs and throwing traps at the same time without having to stop and wait for everything to die before you can path through them. There is no greater mapping satisfaction than throwing traps once and running alongside your arc as your arc clears and you phase through things. Granted, you need to have good movement speed and dps such that a single thow will allow you to clear approx 2 screens worth but it shouldn’t be too difficult for an arc trapper. Even in T16 maps and Incursions I run through all the packs AS I throw my traps. Having good evasion and dodge helps a lot in ensuring you only take a few hits to proc your CWDT setup and I have yet to die even once in Maps since lv 92 (excl some bosses like lava lake Kitava or Minotaur cos I’m bad at mechanics). Do NOTE that you MUST run a CWDT IC Enfeeble setup at very least to avoid deaths and have a significant EHP (min 5.5k for T15-16 maps) with acro + phase acro + good evasion/1 defensive flask (jade/stibnite). Blind from Born in the Shadows also makes such a playstyle viable. I add Phase run to the CWDT setup simply for the insane movespeed (note that casting a spell immediately ends the first phase of phase run - the move speed boost) to keep “running alongside” my arc while it is chaining (+1 chains enchant rly helps in that regard too). Also you need to have good trap throwing speed (throwing time <0.35s) for this playstyle to feel smooth. Hair Trigger helps Ensure that you proc more TS regen and I was using it up to Lv92 but now I don’t rly feel any risk of dying so I’m lazy to do a jewel swap on the tree before big boss fights.

Not trying to undermine OP’s guide since it is really well written and thought through but just wanted to offer an alternative playstyle. Overall, Loreweave is still more well-rounded for end game purposes but Tinkerskin just feels a lot more fun if you set up for it.

- Loreweave has 80% max res which raises QoL by alot.
- Phasing: Quartz flask is there to use, it fills up after 1 throw into pack(s)
- Loreweave helps ignore -max res mod while mapping
- No regen, no problem, turn off Clarity, use Mana flask, won't even need portal refill when doing bosses. Can do no regen even on t16 bosses, dps in normal setup (x2shimmerons) is crazy enough to take things down before things start to get nasty.
- Life/ES regen on Tinkerskin is not that awesome even with x2 Hair Trigger + all trigger radius nodes on tree and E.E instead of C.R. Btw, big hit, we dodge it, we don't take it, so the life gain per trigger won't allow you to take 1 big hit.
- Lose 2 precious skill points to reach E.B to use Tinkerskin.
- Frenzy charges generate on trigger: not needed.
- Helpful stat on Tinker skin: 90life, no more. Helpful stats on Loreweave: 80%res / ele-damage+crit / life+mana / attributes to make up for dex need.
-----------------------------------------------
I just list something that I can think of, won't get into what's better :D
Last edited by koros on Jul 16, 2018, 2:51:17 AM
Both are good. If you're using MoM, that EB + Tinkerskin combo is a freaking HUGE deal.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Both are good. If you're using MoM, that EB + Tinkerskin combo is a freaking HUGE deal.

Yeah, because we're not taking Shaper' balls :) it's all come down to preference, in the end :)
Man I used up 2k chromes to get 3g3b on my loreweave using vorici bench
"
JoJoAnd wrote:

You are super lucky to get 3g3b with 2000 chromes, tbh :)
"
koros wrote:
"
JoJoAnd wrote:

i've used more than 1500 chromes with 1g guaranteed and did not get it, now i'll try to use the 3g guaranteed (120 chromes each), was better to buy one with already 3b3g and divine it to get 80%....
"
koros wrote:
"
JoJoAnd wrote:

I had a 4b2g loreweave, wanted 3b3g, done after 100 chromes without Vorici. Guess it was quite lucky, lol.

I was wondering if I have enough gear-stats to attempt to the Uber Elder? This will be my first attempt at killing him so I was wondering if I miss anything big.

4.8k HP, soon to be over 5k with 2-3 more life nodes. Might change elder ring with a shaper one for the fight.

"
Fenelon wrote:
"
koros wrote:
"
JoJoAnd wrote:

I had a 4b2g loreweave, wanted 3b3g, done after 100 chromes without Vorici. Guess it was quite lucky, lol.

I was wondering if I have enough gear-stats to attempt to the Uber Elder? This will be my first attempt at killing him so I was wondering if I miss anything big.

4.8k HP, soon to be over 5k with 2-3 more life nodes. Might change elder ring with a shaper one for the fight.

At level 94, based on PoB, you'll have approximately 5k3 life, 50k Shaper dps with some changes:
- Pick jewel slot in Witch area and put in a 6% life or 40life jewel
- Pick 6% life node at Blood Drinker.
- Use a Shaped ring with 70+ life.
--------------------------------
Don't recommend do it without spell stun immunity, especially on 1st try
You can use Kaom's Roots instead of (mark ring and shaped ring), it makes the fight ten times easier because you can ignore most of the mechanics which can kill you. If you don't mind running abit slow.
5k5 life is recommended
Reroll your 1st and 3rd flasks, your traps crit, you don't, so the flask charge gain on crit is useless.
Your current jewels have low life on them, try to get something higher (7% and 40+ life)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info