Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Hi, i don't use pob much so idk if i'm doing right. Someone told me 45k dps is enough for endgame but somehow PoB shows that i have 85k dps @@ ( that's not even with any jewel slot active ). Can any1 check it out for me ? I'm not showing off or something but having a dps that is twice bigger than endgame requirement is confusing me xD
My PoB link : https://pastebin.com/0DRbGEA1.
My pro5 is public too so u can check if the gears in my pro5 is the same in PoB.

Your dps on Shaper with Power Charge and Frenzy charge checked in PoB is: 63k at level80

-------------------------------
I take a quick look at your PoB (which I imported myself, not your link)
Here's something I would do if I were you:

Take Phase Acrobatics as soon as possible. Without those, you will struggle to get pass 90+

Do Merciless and Uber Labs, take Pyromaniac then Born in the Shadows.

After taking Phase Acrobatics, pick Throatseeker then fill all the jewels nodes, find Jewels with 6%+life and 1or2 damage mods, you will have 75k+ dps
(assuming you use same gears as of now)

You can lower your dps and try to pick gears/nodes on tree with higher life to get above 5k life asap. 4k1 life as of now, you will have many sudden deaths without knowing why :)
-> take all nearby life nodes -> find jewels with 40+life or 6%+life -> spec out those power charges and pick life/jewel nodes -> prioritize leveling over dps :D

It all depends on what route you'll take, even when speccing out of those dps nodes and prioritize life for leveling, you will just wreck anything up to tier 15 (you don't do t16 for leveling, anyway)
I did everything deathless up to Shaper with 40k PoB dps.
I'm about to kill Uber Elder with these gears, to test if Arc trap can push it that far with 1ex budget :)
Last edited by koros on Jul 14, 2018, 6:59:25 AM
"
my mana after reserved is 224, arc mana cost is 70 on 6l and it still on lvl 17, other game are lvl 18-20, mana regen is 70....is ok ? because i cant spam arc trap

Use a mana flask, throw twice then press mana flask, now you can burst 'em down without worrying about mana :) at first it may seem annoying, but once it turns into a habit, you will just do it without noticing anything :)
"
koros wrote:
"
my mana after reserved is 224, arc mana cost is 70 on 6l and it still on lvl 17, other game are lvl 18-20, mana regen is 70....is ok ? because i cant spam arc trap

Use a mana flask, throw twice then press mana flask, now you can burst 'em down without worrying about mana :) at first it may seem annoying, but once it turns into a habit, you will just do it without noticing anything :)

It takes a bit of finetuning. With lvl 21 clarity, - mana cost watcher's eye and a tiny bit of mana regen on gear I can lay +-8 traps. If I then drink a mana flask I can spam traps for 15 seconds. Check the mana flask in the flask section. I hardly ever need to use a flask. Usually I need to move before I need more mana...
I still find it surprising how many people have mana issues but then you see them dropping clarity for wrath and/or having bullshit flask setups like an instant mana flask
Last edited by Sequel on Jul 14, 2018, 7:55:53 AM
"
koros wrote:
"

my pob : https://pastebin.com/aVesnvYz it's ok ? ..minotaur sometime one hit(rockfall or direct hit)

"
Sequel wrote:

It takes a bit of finetuning. With lvl 21 clarity, - mana cost watcher's eye and a tiny bit of mana regen on gear I can lay +-8 traps. If I then drink a mana flask I can spam traps for 15 seconds. Check the mana flask in the flask section. I hardly ever need to use a flask. Usually I need to move before I need more mana...
I still find it surprising how many people have mana issues but then you see them dropping clarity for wrath and/or having bullshit flask setups like an instant mana flask

so you are not using gloves throw +1 trap ?...you use trap damage support gloves for higher dam spire trap instead ?
Last edited by uhdgamer on Jul 14, 2018, 8:03:24 AM
"
"
koros wrote:
"

my pob : https://pastebin.com/aVesnvYz it's ok ? ..minotaur sometime one hit(rockfall or direct hit)

"
Sequel wrote:

so you are not using gloves throw +1 trap ?...you use trap damage support gloves for higher dam spire trap instead ?

1st question: no, your gears are not okay.
Helmet: very low life for a helmet, it should has 80+ life at least
Gloves: no life on it, you can mastercraft life on it.
Boots: have no life on them, a pair of boots with life but without spell dodge are much better than what you currently have.
Amulet: 80+ life on it
Rare ring: no life on it, should have 70+life
Jewels: should all have life on them.
Why life? And why you get one hit by Minataur? I can give you one hint:
You seem to misunderstand the concept of evasion/dodge build. It is not a tank build, so you are not welcomed to take damage head-on.
Evasion/dodge build is a build which allows you to avoid taking damage twice in a row BUT you still have to dodge predictable incoming damage, your skill in playing the game + the evasion/dodge stack allow you to survive nasty situation, NOT the build alone.

Why life on gears? Because you are not likely to take 2 hits in a row, you MUST have enough life to take AT LEAST 1 big hit, then pantheon + oh-shit flask will get you to full life (except 1hit skills from bosses which you must dodge yourself, ofcoz)
In short, damage - you dodge it, you don't take it :)
For now, you have 4k2 life, ofcoz you will be 1hit by Minataur. Try to get above 5k ( at least 5k5 is recommended)
Hope it helps

------------------------------------
In addition, I could give some recommendations if you're not rich but still want to proceed further:
- You pick lot of life nodes at Scion life wheel, but none of your stats seem okay at lvl91 (dps/life/ect...). Why?
Because you don't have life on gears, which force you to pick life nodes on tree. Then your DPS suffers.
If I were you, I will to get as much life and resists on gears/jewels. Even when I have to get rid of the trap gloves.
After everything is set (life above 5k, resistances capped). On the way of leveling, you should pick something better, fit them in one by one until you're satisfied.
That's what I did, care-not about dps, only care about life + resistances until I pick something decent from mapping.
What you can do: rings/amulets/jewels, anything with 70+ life and 80+ total resistances, keep them in one stash, you will need them for res-fixing later :D I have stash full of rings and amulets just for that reason :)
Hope it helps
------------------------------------
The other question, Sequel can answer, but I guess it's because he want to maximize LST, his Arc trap is at 100k dps per trap already :) sick gears :)
Last edited by koros on Jul 14, 2018, 10:35:26 AM
"
koros wrote:
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Hi, i don't use pob much so idk if i'm doing right. Someone told me 45k dps is enough for endgame but somehow PoB shows that i have 85k dps @@ ( that's not even with any jewel slot active ). Can any1 check it out for me ? I'm not showing off or something but having a dps that is twice bigger than endgame requirement is confusing me xD
My PoB link : https://pastebin.com/0DRbGEA1.
My pro5 is public too so u can check if the gears in my pro5 is the same in PoB.

Your dps on Shaper with Power Charge and Frenzy charge checked in PoB is: 63k at level80

I take a quick look at your PoB (which I imported myself, not your link)
Here's something I would do if I were you:

Take Phase Acrobatics as soon as possible. Without those, you will struggle to get pass 90+

Do Merciless and Uber Labs, take Pyromaniac then Born in the Shadows.

After taking Phase Acrobatics, pick Throatseeker then fill all the jewels nodes, find Jewels with 6%+life and 1or2 damage mods, you will have 75k+ dps
(assuming you use same gears as of now)

You can lower your dps and try to pick gears/nodes on tree with higher life to get above 5k life asap. 4k1 life as of now, you will have many sudden deaths without knowing why :)
-> take all nearby life nodes -> find jewels with 40+life or 6%+life -> spec out those power charges and pick life/jewel nodes -> prioritize leveling over dps :D

It all depends on what route you'll take, even when speccing out of those dps nodes and prioritize life for leveling, you will just wreck anything up to tier 15 (you don't do t16 for leveling, anyway)
I did everything deathless up to Shaper with 40k PoB dps.
I'm about to kill Uber Elder with these gears, to test if Arc trap can push it that far with 1ex budget :)

Tks a lot, i know will be squishy w/o those node but idc much about that problem tbh xD everything insta die anyway and i don't mind die a couple times since i'm in SC. Anyway your advice helps a lot, i'll pick defence node from now on.
hello sir can you check mine..I dont know which one should i upgrade..still dying a lot

https://pastebin.com/WmULr5jL thanks
Alright, I'm joining the choir of people asking for help with their build. I got lucky and had a HH drop, followed by a Xoph's Blood the very next day. So, now I am sitting on 69 (heh nice) exalts and I have no idea what to spend it on. I'm tempted to scour the forums for the most OP build I can find, but I'm enjoying this Arc Trapper. So far, I've just been mapping, and cleared most T15 maps and a T14 elder. Survivability is a bit on the low side, and I find myself dying just a little bit more than I'd like. It's definitely not the worst build I've played as far as that goes. The damage feels just a bit lacking and I doubt I would be able to take on Shaper and Uber Elder.

What should I upgrade next? I was thinking of nabbing a nice +% arc damage helmet. I tried finding a Watcher's Eye similar to the one in the build post, but couldn't find one with all of the mods. And I know I need to upgrade my ammy and work on my flask setup too. Is there anything else I'm missing? What bad ass gear could I get with that money? Or is there another awesome build that I should go for instead?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Last edited by redlefthand on Jul 14, 2018, 9:12:03 PM
"
ap0y wrote:
hello sir can you check mine..I dont know which one should i upgrade..still dying a lot

https://pastebin.com/WmULr5jL thanks

Your gears are okay, but there are something you should change/aim for:
1/ Replace your unique shield with a rare shield or another Shimmeron immediately, the shield is useless with a Loreweave. Something similar to these:

(Your HP is on the low side at the moment, so I recommend you use a shield with life until you can get above 5k2 life without it.)
At level 90, with 4 jewel slots (6% life in each slot) and a 100hp shield, you end up having 5k4 life
Hint: only when you can stay alive, that's when you start working toward improving your DPS :D so work on improving your life pool first :D
Btw, I think there are 1 reason why people keep dying when playing trapper: YOU FORGET TO STICK ON "ATTACK WITHOUT MOVING" in the skill slot
- turn it on in your skill slot by click on it once to light it up, it will allow you to throw trap even when pressing the MOVE button. What it does is regardless of what you press/do, when you press the skill slot with the "attack w/o moving" icon light up, it will stop all other actions, and stand right where the character is, and throw traps at the direction of the mouse, SUPER important for a trapper. (a word for trappers who don't know)
I'm confused, are you using arc or vaal arc? Maybe both?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info