Blizzard is working on a 'new, unannounced Diablo project'

Probably remake of 2.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
And here i was sitting and brooding
whether Diablo4 already has a playable Alpha released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqQNsugkGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
鬼殺し wrote:
elitism
anything is everything
Diablo 4 is going to be SOOOO good because they FIRED Jay Wilson...! FACT
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Its a thing where You as player do one thing - click. You cannot break character.

Unfortunately I feel the same can be said of POE now as well. If we ignore the real game before you even leave town.

I must diagree. Take a wrong turn ontree and You have to invest currency into remake char. Better is just start new one and hoard currency.

With D3 You are safe as safe one can be. There is LITERALLY NOTHING to break. like NOTHING at all.

Im not having any elitism or anything i just like the all smaller components and influence i can have. I dont invest too much time, i killed Atziri in last league for the very first time because Oni Goroshi nice build (thx again Kira) but i think that just apex. But who knows? Maby one time i will reach Shaper? But that "elitism sensation" is presen in every game that is - i remeber pen and paper rpg times when Vampier The Masquarade was released and oh man... what it did to RPG fans... That was just sad. Overall - if anyone thinks that playing anything makes them "elyte" in any way they are just compensating. And it is sad.

PoE is game one of many. Some will like it, others wont. And thats fine. Not everything is for everyone. Seek and play what You enjoy. Thats my way.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Mmm I played Wings of Liberty solo and deeply enjoyed the experience, but not enough to get the other two games. I remember the outrage when Blizzard announced SC2's campaign would be spread over 3 games, because back then it was almost unheard of. Oh, and the multiplayer having completely different units and balance to the single player was a bunch of bullshit too.

Now You can get fairly cheap all parts and i must say it is worth it. Back then - it was kinda joke to anyone but hell... Marketing right?
Game A: Galaga with loot, build choices and respecs
Game B: Cookie Clicker with loot and ridiculously complicated build choices

Game B fans be like "Game A is no skill because respecs." That's because they've shoved their cerebrums so far up the Passive Skill Tree's ass that they no longer even consider the possibility that something as plebian as manual dexterity could be considered skill.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 9, 2018, 2:34:09 PM
To me "plebian as manual dexterity could be considered skill" was always something far beyond my reach. I like slower pace. WordOfTanks to me is FPS i can pace take. Only one i finished was Duke Nukem 3D and it was on cheats. Too fast games like driving or something like that are beyond my skill and im not even trying. And im aware of that and i choose (dunno if i spelled it right) games for me. That why i hate when ppl try to PROVE that this game is better. It is better for them. Noone else cares. Go play it enjoy.

My guild mate made this jokes on me that temp chain in my favourited mapd mod :D
"
de99ial wrote:
To me "plebian as manual dexterity could be considered skill" was always something far beyond my reach. I like slower pace. WordOfTanks to me is FPS i can pace take. Only one i finished was Duke Nukem 3D and it was on cheats. Too fast games like driving or something like that are beyond my skill and im not even trying. And im aware of that and i choose (dunno if i spelled it right) games for me. That why i hate when ppl try to PROVE that this game is better. It is better for them. Noone else cares. Go play it enjoy.

My guild mate made this jokes on me that temp chain in my favourited mapd mod :D

Totally off topic, but I’ll never pass up an opportunity to pimp out my all time favorite FPS. Have you tried DOOM? It is fast paced, but the game is all about being so OP that grater demons tremble at the mere utterance of your name. That, and platforming/exploration to find all the easter eggs, but taking the time to do this is precisely what makes you OP and allows you to trivialize the things that were hellishly difficult a few stages ago. The game really does a tremendous job of making you feel epic, from beginning to end, so much so that I think even non-FPS fans can enjoy the experience so long as the FPS-grievances are minimal.

Sequitur: DOOM is the WH40k of FPS’s. Utterly absurd, and nothing short of glorious because of it.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jun 9, 2018, 5:48:21 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Totally off topic, but I’ll never pass up an opportunity to pimp out my all time favorite FPS. Have you tried DOOM? It is fast paced, but the game is all about being so OP that grater demons tremble at the mere utterance of your name. That, and platforming/exploration to find all the easter eggs, but taking the time to do this is precisely what makes you OP and allows you to trivialize the things that were hellishly difficult a few stages ago. The game really does a tremendous job of making you feel epic, from beginning to end, so much so that I think even non-FPS fans can enjoy the experience so long as the FPS-grievances are minimal.

Sequitur: DOOM is the WH40k of FPS’s. Utterly absurd, and nothing short of glorious because of it.

I tried Doom 3 i think... IDDQD and IDKFA ;)
Yeah played it but couldnt do some levels at accurate time and just dropped. Sorry :(

"
鬼殺し wrote:

That's...not even what I was talking about. At all. In fact, you're all over the place here. Barely coherent. Sorry, I don't even know how any of this relates to me seeing D3 and PoE as being on the same level in terms of how you play the game. You click, you kill shit. You literally can't break character in D3 because you're right, you can't fuck up your build. You *can* fuck up your build in PoE but that's not breaking character. That's breaking the build, and rarely permanently. Breaking character means acting in a way that the game doesn't anticipate or encourage. You mention VTM so I figure you know this already. Also, VTM focused on storytelling/roleplaying over almost everything else compared to other tabletop systems at the time, so I'm not even sure why you brought it up.

I dont see those layers as seperate. To me all those layers are in final form one or another game. When i enjoy it i enjoy the final product not just some part. When i play PoE i see it as one game with all smaller cogs there. To me there is no role play part actually because role play is acting based on character and video game doesnt give You such opoortunity - You only control avatar that plays with world that was created around him and i can choose but only what was designed in game. When i play Witcher i cannot be witcher at start and at some point being toilet cleaner but when we play pen and paper Warhammer i can drop from searching for whatever those bands are seeking and start to work as a farmer. Because world of imagination is just much more exapnsible due to its nature.

So while im playeing te VTM im acting based on charater and im playing with all the elements that are in games world but when i play PoE im just the reciveing end and fun rests on the different layer. In VTM fun is in actual role play not the rolling dices and creating something within mechanics but with virtual game its just that actually.

So... Maby this will clear this whole mess.

And to me D3 in that layer - playing with mechanics - is lust.... poor. Its like buing a pen and paper rpg but turns out its just old paragraph game with very limited choices.
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 9, 2018, 11:52:34 PM
OK lets give it a last chance.

In VTM fun part is in interacting with other players acting based on charatecrs not fixing game mechanics. Game mechanics are there only to clear out non role play elements. Like actors in "write on while live at stage" story.

In PoE or any different vid game fun is with tweaking mechanics and using it interacting with created virtual reality - ther is no "actual role playing". Like i cannot choose dialogue options stated by my character, i cannot react differently, etc. All is already in game. There is no stage to act on.
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 9, 2018, 11:58:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info