Blizzard is working on a 'new, unannounced Diablo project'

"
Morkonan wrote:
I don't think it would have anything to do with a "Diablo 4." They've already got a new IP project they're working on and producing a Diablo 4 would take a full-resource, complete, development team.

Except that's exactly what they've been hiring for...
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I almost miss the days when people would trust me enough here to get my hints.

And god, do I drop a bunch.

Don't tell me you're in bed with Blizzard???
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
IMSilver wrote:
poe is DONE F O R

We'll see what the new project is(Could be D2 remake), but a giant like Blizzard has not been watching indie games such as POE, Grim dawn etc ''steal'' their players and done nothing about it, i am pretty sure they've got the message spammed for years in the Diablo 3 forums(Too casual, cartoon, etc). Diablo IV is obviously something every competitor should be very afraid of.
Last edited by wierdzodi on Jun 8, 2018, 1:33:03 PM
They have been advertising for a few years at least for people to work on a unannounced diablo thing which was assumed to be D4.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
鬼殺し wrote:
people… trust me to say almost nothing which I'm really good at it, usually with lots of words.
I sure do.
Spoiler
Which is why I was pleasantly surprised by your post in that johnKeys feedback thread.
Spoiler
No, I can't explain why I was lurking a feedback forum for a game I haven't played in years.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 8, 2018, 7:27:18 PM
We know that. The question is: how many of us will live to see it? How many years did D3 take?
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not that many, given they scrapped the Blizzard-North proposals in 2005 and Diablo 3 was announced in 2008. Closed beta was 2011. Game was released in 2012. And while Blizzard was very big then, they're even bigger now. Diablo 3 was a totally 'new' thing after Diablo 2; I imagine Diablo 4 will be more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 was to Diablo 2, if you follow.

Sorry, maybe D4 is 'imminent' would have been a better word than 'coming'. No, too immediate. But it's somewhere between the two.

My boy just turned 4. If Blizzard keeps to its normal schedule then D4 might just be the first ARPG we let him play. He'll be 12 by then.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Flip gets switched, usually a personal betrayal but sometimes a personal loss, and bam, obsession born and incessantly shared with the other crackpots in a community they can't quite bear to leave despite having zero interest in what that community is actually about.
You're adding a whole lot of negativity where there is very little. It's not obsession, it's habit; it's not inability to leave, it's like enjoying a restaurant, I simply enjoy coming here. If I came here and the banter wasn't up to standard, I think I'd eventually stop posting here; in all seriousness I've been considering it lately.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You could say I'm doing the same, especially after the Tencent take-over and PoE's shift away from being a real ARPG in my eyes, except I still mostly post about PoE on this board, not American politics, gender studies, and gay cakes.
Sounds like stuff I was saying would happen over three years ago.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
this isn't quite the game we were hoping for. I feel a great many of us from CB who are still here are in it not for the game PoE is, but for the game it was, or hopefully will be, or could have been... and never will be
PoE's "shift away from being a real ARPG" began before the game was even released. It's not that I noticed this much before you did; you agreed at the time, at least somewhat (page 2 of thread linked). It's that for some combination of reasons — I'll take a stab in the dark and guess personal loss, obsession, and an incapability to bear leaving — you continued to play a game you claimed you "no longer support… to be as good as it can be… because it never will be, and no amount of my cash will change that." (The unnecessary "my" in that quote is interesting.) I assume you only stopped playing recently, as you still have enough confidence in your knowledge of a game whose mechanics change radically every patch that you don't feel absurdly presumptuous talking about the current state of Path of Exile.

That confidence won't last forever. And then the question becomes: do you once again play a game that is in memoriam of a game that never was just to maintain your credibility regarding the game that will be, or do you finally accept that such efforts only delay a much-needed death of a corrupted design? As a wise man once said: "Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive." #PoExit
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 8, 2018, 11:54:15 PM
Lots of Diablo pessimists around here. That is why it is the PoE forum and not D3 forum. ;)
Censored.
I really dunno. D3 for me is more like progress quest. Its a thing where You as player do one thing - click. You cannot break character. You dont need to learn about anything because game is telling You everything. All You do is watch a little more interactive animated movie with boring part between story progress. I played it only for story actually because i was kinda curious what they created but i consider D3 as very lame game actually. To me. Because there are ppl who would and shopuld enjoy such thing. Its like with meals - i dont like Donalds Kings and similar things and i dont take it because its garbage but im not deciding for anyone what they should or should not eat. Its everyobyd choice to make and deal with consequences. However we have a pretty large amount of data about how those meals affects human body.

If they will go further with D4 i think it will be boring game. But maby they will make something great and far more interesting - and one can hope for that.

But i really like SC2. Story mode not battletet fuss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info