[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

It's a great build but please do get rid of phase run, sure in theory it should work but even with increased duration it has such a short duration that the visibility and movement speed makes no difference really, i swapped it out for fortify and put shield charge instead of whirling blades, in my opinion a far better setup than phase run.

Of course you do need faster attacks linked with fortify, it does not proc otherwise. I swapped out whirling blades for shield charge and fortify and then you have an optionable free slot in boots. I put in siphoning trap for now.

Last edited by saucefar2 on Jun 17, 2018, 2:06:58 PM
Just a quick question looking at PoB and your gear where specifically do you get your strength from? i suppose rings?
Last edited by Vènoxis on Jun 17, 2018, 6:13:30 PM
"
Vènoxis wrote:
Just a quick question looking at PoB and your gear where specifically do you get your strength from? i suppose rings?

You can easily run without red gems and defensive setup even on hardcore with a tabula, 2x lifesprig, goldrim etc, i didn't have movement speed and defensive setups plus curse setup until i was +50 and i had no issues whatsoever, everything melted so that was my defense.

Normally i i get it earlier but i didn't want to trade or find two set of items, so i waited since i could feel i wouldn't run into any issues.
Last edited by saucefar2 on Jun 17, 2018, 6:52:36 PM
Spoiler
"
saucefar2 wrote:
It's a great build but please do get rid of phase run, sure in theory it should work but even with increased duration it has such a short duration that the visibility and movement speed makes no difference really, i swapped it out for fortify and put shield charge instead of whirling blades, in my opinion a far better setup than phase run.

Of course you do need faster attacks linked with fortify, it does not proc otherwise. I swapped out whirling blades for shield charge and fortify and then you have an optionable free slot in boots. I put in siphoning trap for now.

I find Phase Run helpful on a Cast when Damage taken setup, as well as Immortal Call. I prefer whirling blades to shield charge for movement, and have faster attacks and fortify with Whirling blades. Is there a question? It sounds like you're just saying how you're doing it, which, sure? You do you!

Edit: You mentioned siphoning trap, and I see you put it in your CWDT. That's an interesting idea.
Last edited by KittenCatNoodle on Jun 18, 2018, 6:50:47 PM
"
Sidu wrote:
is it rly necessary to have those daggers? I think I have more dmg with my wands:

Sure you can! You just can't use whirling blades (or shield charge) with wands and I find manual dodge with movement skills to be super helpful. Just a playstyle preference. The damage with this build is not an issue; surviving is a bit more of an issue IMO.
Currently running MoM with essence worm and choir of the storm. Haven't gotten work to a proper chest piece yet so i'm running Tabula for now.

Can someone with experience in this build look at my character FourthGrade and let me know what improvements should I be looking at?

I took up MoM for now because kinda squishy, might respec if tankiness goes up by level 80+.

Any help is appreciated! :)
"
FirstGrade wrote:
Currently running MoM with essence worm and choir of the storm. Haven't gotten work to a proper chest piece yet so i'm running Tabula for now.

Can someone with experience in this build look at my character FourthGrade and let me know what improvements should I be looking at?

I took up MoM for now because kinda squishy, might respec if tankiness goes up by level 80+.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Hey! Took a look at your char; it looks good so far! You mentioned upgrading from tabula, so that's my first note as well. Other than that, I'd say including an atziri's promise (15% elemental damage as extra chaos + chaos res) or wise oak's if you're balanced for it. I'd also recommend getting gloves that have "throw additional trap" because this will actually give you more damage for each group of arc traps thrown. Your gear seems ready for MoM switch; if your regen isn't enough, maybe take Deep Thoughts node above witch (2 points). Hope that helps!

So I upgraded a few things and probably the only things I die to are 100 splitters in the temple incursion. So that's fine, mana regen is a little healthy and health regen from ascendency is insane.

Probably looking to further upgrade my dagger and probably my rings.
Here's a really dumb question - where are you getting the 'trap' support linked to Arc in your build? You have trap and mine damage, cluster traps, and added lightning, but no trap and it's a 4 link, and I've looked everywhere else but can't seem to find it. What am I missing?

Edit: Wait, it's the gloves. Heh, nevermind!
Last edited by Alphaman on Jun 21, 2018, 3:18:31 AM
Hi, im running with this same build atm but with some changes, so i'm posting here to see if they are relevant.

The 2 major modifications are that i'm using double shimmeron for more dps i think ( but less mobility, though i'm using brightbeak+shield in weapon switch), and the second one is in the tree : i dont take the scion's life node but go for herbalism + heartseeker instead.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAANlBAcEswVCBbUGQAZ3Bx4I1Aj0DkgPxBEtEZYT3xvgHNwfWyBuI_Yk_SaVKgssnC0fMHEwfDLROkI6WDt8QZZCLEVHRZ1HBklPSVFLeEyzTZJQMFFHUzFTUlVLVcZX2F3yYeJirGNDZ05qQ2wIbIxtOm93cFFwUnNtdm97DXtffIN-sH_Ggh6D24PxhTKJ04w2jX2Nv48aj_qQDZMnlPGVIJUuly2YBprgnaqgeaEvogCio66ztMW3dbjKuZO8qrzqvorAZsHzwuzDCdAf0NDQ9dQj2FTbC9vn3ajnVOik6-7r9e4V7-vw1fD58YryHfJ18uH4l_1K_94=?accountName=urkdum&characterName=STD_ON_HIT

With this setup i manage to reach 230K average hit which is approximatively 3M4 shaper dps. I have only 5k life and 1k6 mana but phase accro, accro and Mom+EB. I should change some things in my potions setup i think but dropping a quicksilver flask is pretty challenging for me :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info