[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

Can i use Tinkerskin for this build? I think that it will be better then rare body
"
Can i use Tinkerskin for this build? I think that it will be better then rare body

Of course you can. But you want to make some adjustments. Get hair trigger jewel, and High explosives and expeditious munitions nodes. You want 224% trigger radius to hit the radius break point. Also, ditch Chain Reaction and take Explosives Expert. All this I believe is best, Tinkerskin or no anyways.
"
Neehan wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks for the video guide and your frequent input on the build! I've been having a great time with Arc Traps.

Some stuff I'm doing... I've been using the Chaos golem then unequip the gem before each Incursion so he's not an issue. Been using Item Rarity because my damage is so high anyway I figured why not. Also haven't been using Lightning Spire because Arc Traps has plenty of damage for all the bosses I've faced so far. Albeit I'm just now starting yellow maps.

My only question is that I'm still using a wand because I haven't found a dagger that has more damage than my current wand. I've just been hovering my mouse over my Arc skill to see AVG Damage, not sure if I should be checking another way, or if I should just buy a good dagger. I know I'm missing out on the extra defense from fortify but none of the daggers I've found can touch my current wand.

Thanks again!

No offense but your wand is terrible. Like, really bad. You could find something for 1-10 chaos. You're looknig for critical strike chance with spells, spell damage and flat lightning damage. With that being said, this build doesn't have enough attack speed to bother with Whirling Blades. Just use Flame Dash+ Faster Casting and craft a Quicksilver flask. In fact, Shimmeron wands are probably what ya want to aim for later.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 13, 2018, 6:31:08 PM
Spoiler
"
Neehan wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks for the video guide and your frequent input on the build! I've been having a great time with Arc Traps.

Some stuff I'm doing... I've been using the Chaos golem then unequip the gem before each Incursion so he's not an issue. Been using Item Rarity because my damage is so high anyway I figured why not. Also haven't been using Lightning Spire because Arc Traps has plenty of damage for all the bosses I've faced so far. Albeit I'm just now starting yellow maps.

My only question is that I'm still using a wand because I haven't found a dagger that has more damage than my current wand. I've just been hovering my mouse over my Arc skill to see AVG Damage, not sure if I should be checking another way, or if I should just buy a good dagger. I know I'm missing out on the extra defense from fortify but none of the daggers I've found can touch my current wand.

Thanks again!

So happy you're enjoying it!! I do think that wands are more likely to give you better base damage, but for me, getting that higher crit chance (so 50% crit chance daggers + shrieking essence of scorn for 100-109% crit chance for spells) has worked better for me. Also I just love whirling blades.... I need my manual dodge! Haha. But I agree that many wands will give you more options for better flat hit dmg.
Double space kitties?? I see you are an exile of means and taste as well.

I'm currently enjoying my first trapper! I've gone CI for the first time to top it all off and am getting some cool extra durability out of Apep's Supremacy and Incandescent Heart. I'm slowwwww going and just killed Kitava and started mapping last night at like 73 or so, so I gotta go pump my resists back up, but fingers crossed on being bleed immune and negating an additional 25% of elemental damage taken! :D

Nice guide :)

Currently running this build.

I have 8ex left. So i might get the unique wands now for more dmg.
Did anyone try uber atziri and so on with it? With my current equip and passive notes i can safely farm T14-T15. I am using Mind over Matter but sometimes that sucks because i get oom quick and i need to change my amulette ASAP.

Maybe someone can give me some tips on how to improve my build/items. I am still kinda new
Really enjoying this so far, started the league with a bf jug that i somehow managed to make not work worth a crap and got tired of spending money on gear without any significant improvements. Swapped to this and blew through all of the story with only one or two deaths (until I got into the whiskey...then i had a couple.)

Grabbed a couple of Ungil's Gauche boot knives from the guild stash (easy way to grab 80% crit each & a chunk of block chance from a very low level ), my 48 res belt, and a couple mana regen items and just steam rolled. I'm up to kitava but not killing him yet as I desperately need to take the time to buy new gear to replace many of these laughable leveling items. Sort of wanting to make sure I understand a couple things before moving ahead:

1) DPS variation vs MOM variation : for those of you have run DPS then swapped, around what tier map did you find it necessary to swap over? Essence worms are only about 15C now so it'd be easy enough to start as MOM if it's actually that good... i've not looked to see how much harder it is to find mana regen on all items though.

2) Phase acro: Are we simply avoiding this because we can manual dodge and those 4 points are much needed elsewhere?

3) Trap gloves > Deerstalkers because we grab triple res + move speed and life on boots but cannot get triple res + traps (and dmg) + life on gloves (traps are suffix, as are resistance) right?

4) Trap gloves - between trap/trap damage vs trap/additional trap - which should be used when? Seems like if i was running tinker, the additional trap becomes much more valuable since that's an extra proc every toss (assuming overlap). Also, i thought previously i'd seen we had a node or item that increased trap damage based on the number of trap-- but now i can't find it, am I dreaming? [[Edit: Found it, our Perfect Crime ascendancy gives 8% damage for each trap (placed). With this in mind, it means that an extra trap should be more than 20% damage AND because it helps you get your max traps out faster, it increases dps and makes it more likely that you one shot groups. Seems like extra trap is probably the superior modifier, no?]]

5) Helm enchants - whats BIS here? Do we know for sure if the ARC enchants will be factored in to our traps?

Thanks!
Last edited by zorminster on Jun 14, 2018, 10:26:15 AM
Hello there,
Can i ask why you preferred picking the 0.3 life regen nodes instead of the 8% mana ones in the scion area near Shaper Node?Wouldn t the 16% more mana be more of a survival pick than it?
Haven t really played a trapper before and thinking i m gonna give it a shot anyway just curious.
Thanks and Gl!
"
Linley28 wrote:
Hello there,
Can i ask why you preferred picking the 0.3 life regen nodes instead of the 8% mana ones in the scion area near Shaper Node?Wouldn t the 16% more mana be more of a survival pick than it?
Haven t really played a trapper before and thinking i m gonna give it a shot anyway just curious.
Thanks and Gl!

Dunno if the pastebin has the health nodes or not, but if you check her character she did in fact take the mana nodes, not the health regen
thanks @zorminster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info