Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

They actually managed to do worse than bestiary

"
Waitubold wrote:
been busy with Grim Dawn

After Bestiary, Incursion, continuous power creep, and dumbed-down meta, playing GD feels like chilling at a beautiful oasis. Refreshing.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Van Hellsing is much, much better.
It's about personal prefernces.
Van Helsing 1 is ok, the rest of the sequel suck IMO.

Anyway, whatever fucks you better.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok, now forget clearspeed meta, forget metas all together. lets just talk about arpg grinding builds. What are decent builds in an endgame grinder arpg?

Its builds that do decent damage and can move at a decent speed.
Actually, the latter is what most associate with clear-speed meta. At least, I do that. But fair enough, let's skip that meta thing in terms and talk about decent-damage-decent-speed-grind. Anyway, we are talking about playstyles and gamers' preferences.

If decent-damage-decent-speed-grind works fine for you that is great. For me it doesn't work because I don't like it. We do not necessarily have to agree on that, since tasts differs.

However, PoE was never forcing me that obiously to play decent-damage-decent-speed-grind in such a mindless way as Incursion does. Actually, I was pretty happy ignoring it before Incursion. Also, I am fine that PoE is developing as a game. That is something really precious and rare, which made PoE evolving for so many years.
My impression was, what I have see so far, that GGG wants to support more playstyles (like they did announce on their first skill revamp manifest) but yet they implemented decent-damage-decent-speed-grind only by adding obviously strong skills gems.
They are that strong that one litterly feels doing the whole game wrong if not using them, e.g. like the Pizza Sticks are overwhelming right from Level 38. Yes, the list of very strong skill gems got longer this league, but does this really help to create a broader playstyle variety promissed by GGG in their first skill-revamp manifest?

Actually, I could be fine with that development, if there were a statement by GGG saying: We are focusing on decent-damage-decent-speed-grind now. I wouldn't have liked it but I would have understood that PoE is no longer supporting my prefered playstyle. Yet such statement never happend.

Maybe GGG is talking about something differnt, when they mentioned playstyles. It would be nice if GGG can clearify what they mean with playstyles and were they are heading with respect to playstyle variety.

My humble question to GGG: Will there be a futute for something else than decent-damage-decent-speed-grind?

At the moment, it is hard to see anything different from decent-damage-decent-speed-grind only (at least for league content).
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
I managed to finish VH 1 but quit well before the end of the first act in 2. So bad.

When they tried to fit Tower Defense into an ARPG they must have been on some seriously good drugs.

P.S. This is me helping the tangent to destroy this thread.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jun 18, 2018, 11:31:13 AM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

When they tried to fit Tower Defense into an ARPG they must have been on some seriously good drugs.

Hey, I can tell of developers which implemented platformer elements in an aRPG.
It also sucked, lol.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Wasnt that bad. Also Final Cut has shit mechanic from VH3 but story and easter eggs compensate that shot parts. Also You dont have to do TD or just find tutorials to them and they are easy.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

...cut for space...

The only solution (which is never going to happen) would be to actually slow down the game by implementing some kind of a limiter, or a cooldown, on movement skills like Leap Slam and such.
That and remove the "HC insta-logout" option.
Those two things would alienate the streamers and elitists (I guess about ca. 5% of the entire PoE population), but they would get over it and adapt.

GGG has no vision or integrity anymore and is only after the $$$, so the publicity those streamers bring in is way more worth to GGG than the actual quality of the game they produce.
GGG tried slow down game in Bestiary and look how it ends...
I was wrong.

Now that my toons are 85 and have some gear this season is not half bad. I think I like it.

Well the other huge thing was when 2 stones dropped near my feet and where white. So I grabbed an even newer Neversink and still no stones.
So I switched to soft and saved, then I switched back to regular and saved. *BOOM* stones every run. So something weird with how the game was processing the filter (If you never see stones with your Neversink try this).

Hundreds of runs and 6 total stone drops (after those 2 with 1 sec left 8) and only one with more than 1 sec left was a really enraging downer. They should have just said "If you clear it you pick a door and unlock it.". Timed = manic clearing = not looking for ground trash enough... well and with filters we sort of ignore stuff that looks like trash.

So yeah, the season is fixed for me!

So bestiary was the worst league ever.
Last edited by Painsponge on Jun 18, 2018, 5:29:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info