They actually managed to do worse than bestiary

"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
Larloch1821 wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Half your gear is either white or not equipped and you don't have a +1 to gems weapon/ms boots. Obviously you'll have trouble and it's not related to the gems you're using. Just because it's the league mechanic while leveling doesn't mean you can do it naked.

wow i suppose i should optimize my gear to be able to beat a mud flats incursion? Its fucking ACT ONE content i dont even have my skills ffs
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Jun 14, 2018, 7:43:33 PM
Right now its the exact opposite of fun.

Not going to bother with Alva anymore she is getting annoying
Need more brains, exile?
The main issue to me is mobs don't give enough time, I clear a entire room of mobs and I'm about the same time left as I entered, but now have to either unlock a door or find more mobs...oh wait now I'm out of time. I think this should act more like Zana's timed missions, where killing the mobs gives you breathing room, this one seems to be based around kill everything and you have 20 seconds to do extra things like walk between mobs, oh sorry you killed yourself into a corner, better waste 5-10 seconds to get to next mobs...oh wait you now have to summon things times up.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Meh. This is your first character of the league with Zippo twinking. You'll get better gear. Your next character will breeze through them. It's just hard at first. Quit whining.

Exactly this. Silly players expecting to dominate all content first try.

You don't need to be properly geared to go back to the first zone the incursions appear in where everything is dying in one shot and still time strapped.
I managed to get a temple route to the final boss at lvl 16. Maybe I'm lucky. I rush for architect, nuke it, sometimes stone drops, sometimes it doesn't, but be in general area where you need to use stone.

I like the timer, it makes it pretty intense when a stone drops and you have 5 seconds to reach a door.

The point isn't to kill everything in the room. The point is to kill an architect and open a pathway if you need it. The kill bar at the bottom kind of obfuscates that.
Last edited by moonasha on Jun 1, 2018, 11:16:56 PM
"
moonasha wrote:
I managed to get a temple route to the final boss at lvl 16. Maybe I'm lucky. I rush for architect, nuke it, sometimes stone drops, sometimes it doesn't, but be in general area where you need to use stone.

I like the timer, it makes it pretty intense when a stone drops and you have 5 seconds to reach a door.

The point isn't to kill everything in the room. The point is to kill an architect and open a pathway if you need it. The kill bar at the bottom kind of obfuscates that.

Timed is fun, this isn't it's too little time to do anything, I do enjoy abyss/breaches that make you feel like you need to just boost your killing ability, leaving enemies unkilled isn't fun when the timer is too short.
GGG has managed to make a league MORE frustrating than Bestiary, and that is saying something.

The timer is too short, the temple connections and layout is an utter mystery.

I've got to temple twice and it makes no sense. I clear the place and there is no boss, no reward, nothing. just lots of passages I can't access because no gunpowder drops (and yes I check every single room and chest etc).

It is ZERO fun to do the Aliva incursions. I just don't get it.
HA HA HA... the first one I opened and saw the 15 seconds, I just lol'd until I died... GGG got a talent for fucking up good ideas.

I get it. Opened a few rooms already and only level 12.... Thing is, most people playing POE never made it to red maps or beyond yet. They will just get slaughtered in to frustration.... This might even be as bad as Labyrinth even. This is going to create a shit storm of note.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Jun 2, 2018, 2:14:54 AM
"
Marinxar wrote:
This is going to create a shit storm of note.

I'm not so sure about that, I've seen quite a few "git gud" or "your build/gear sucks" posts in response to those saying the league mechanics are frustrating...

That said, I agree with you. My characters never do a LOT of damage (it's enough to get me to level 90), so my clearspeed isn't the fastest and as an SSF player, I can't just buy better gear. So far, I only occasionally managed to kill an architect. The enemies in there deal a lot of damage - ignoring them and going straight for the architect is a really bad idea. But killing the regular enemies means I don't have time to kill the architect.
I don't understand why killing enemies doesn't give more time than it does now (at least I read it adds time). Like in Zana's missions, I never had issues there.

I really hope they make some tweaks to the mechanics, it's rather frustrating the way it is now.
Yeah timer is too short and killing monsters is rather pointless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info