[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

Thank you for the guide!
Last edited by danirodi1 on Jul 24, 2018, 11:54:27 PM
Do u reliably Clear t15/16 Incursions with ur Build? Till now im Using my Skeletons in the 6 Link and my Specters in the Helmet and i tried Solar Guards and it was not working at all. Now i have Wicker Man. That works better, but still not god. Just wanted to ask beforhand since recoloring is so expensive.
"
joscha wrote:
Do u reliably Clear t15/16 Incursions with ur Build? Till now I'm Using my Skeletons in the 6 Link and my Specters in the Helmet and I tried Solar Guards and it was not working at all. Now I have Wicker Man. That works better, but still not god. Just wanted to ask beforehand since recolouring is so expensive.

Not a problem comrade. I use his MF (no golems, 3 spectres) setup and chain T16's with boosted HP (duo party).

Your solar guards need the exact 6L gem setup or it will not perform well. The 3 green gems are crucial to your safety and clearspeed. I tried running elemental focus to replace faster proj... that was a huge mistake. The projectiles did approx ~30% more dps (PoB) but since it took forever to reach my enemies, it was incredibly unsafe and my clearspeed suffered.

A great scenario where things on paper don't work out in practice.
Last edited by xethos25 on Jul 25, 2018, 12:21:45 PM
Okey i will try it. Maps are no prob with the Specters in the Helmet. But it could not do Incursions god enought. Incursions are super the big Problem for me. Hope it works since i have not manny cromes left.^^

Edit:

Do you use Victario’s Charity?
Last edited by joscha on Jul 25, 2018, 1:52:28 PM
"
xethos25 wrote:
I find myself getting killed sometimes depending on how crazy I juice the map. It's perfectly fine, but I wonder if everything would be smoother with less dying (while trading away aegis).

"
Sher101 wrote:
OP, I'm level 90, clearing up T15s and T16s no problem (a few deaths here and there, which is annoying af, but oh well). However, my incursions at these levels are shit.

If you're experiencing spike damage from trash mobs in T15/T16 maps it's most likely due to you charging into packs with (inherently) low phys mitigation. If you want more survivability you can swap Commander of Darkness for Flesh Binder. Link your Raise Zombies with Minion Life and use a Summon Chaos Golem gem. You'll be trading minion damage and resists for 13-16% physical damage reduction. The Zombies are just for phys mit and meat shields. There are mods from the Watcher's Eye jewel with physical damage taken as XYZ elemental damage. OFC, you could use a Basalt flask or add Enduring Cry for Endurance Charge generation.

You need mobility and damage for T16 Incursions just like everyone else. Brightbeak or Minion Damage weapon from the Temple of Atzoatl are the only weapons I'd run there. If you're still having issues you could gem swap Maim for Melee Splash in your Summon Skeleton links just for the Incursion. I'm not a fan of gem swapping, but it's a noticeable difference.

Sometimes you'll have a bad time no matter what if there's an awful layout and a combination of damage reduction mods (phys damage reduction, 40% elemental resists). There's not much you can do about that besides skip or re-roll. If you're still having issues then something else is wrong.

joscha, you're not even remotely following this build
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Jul 25, 2018, 6:15:41 PM
Can I play this with a very, very small budget (50 chaos) or will I die constantly?
No i dont, but i am a Summoner, i use the same specters and i have a prob with incursions. U run a pretty unique support gem combo for ur Specters and i wanted to know if it works for t15+ incursions. Especially without Victario's - since u at least have a variant without it and so i was asking. Atm im saving up chromes and test chain. (Witch is better then only pirce or ele focus, but not great.)
"
LakaiScorten wrote:
Can I play this with a very, very small budget (50 chaos) or will I die constantly?

50 chaos is more than enough to get started this late in either trade league. You can acquire a Brightbeak, Bones of Ullr, a 6L body armor (Tabula or corrupted 3B3G), some decent Ghastly Abyss jewels, and an Elder helm with minion damage with that currency. You should have enough leftover to get some cheap rare accessories with life (or open prefixes) with enough resists to get capped.

You'll eventually want to invest more than 50c otherwise you'll be stuck going much slower. The build starts to soar with leveled gems, proper flasks, proper jewels (Watcher's Eye, abyss affixes + life, etc), Insanity Gloves, Bisco's Leash for clear and Stygian vise for T16+ bossing.

"
joscha wrote:
No i dont, but i am a Summoner, i use the same specters and i have a prob with incursions. U run a pretty unique support gem combo for ur Specters and i wanted to know if it works for t15+ incursions. Especially without Victario's - since u at least have a variant without it and so i was asking. Atm im saving up chromes and test chain. (Witch is better then only pirce or ele focus, but not great.)

I understand the pain. I was happy copying my Summoner build from Bestiary until I started to struggle with high tier Incursions. This league forced me to change things up.

As said, you need mobility and damage for high tier Incursions. Linking Faster Proj trades damage for mobility, but without it you'll sometimes outrun their projectiles thus severely gimping your mobility. To compensate for this damage loss while clearing T15+ it's important you can passively proc EE while moving to keep your Spectre damage boosted. That's one reason why I don't use Sadima's in T16 maps and wear Insanity gloves.

You're going to need much more mobility than what you have right now if you want to consistently full clear high tier Incursions.

Over 95% of the time I'm exiting a T15+ Incursion myself with around ~10 seconds left, give or take a few seconds. I struggle in T16 Incursions with more monster life mod AND mods that reduce my minion damage like phys reduction or ele resists. I re-roll those maps vs Guardians and as I write this I realize I should start doing the same for Elder maps. Sometimes I'm racing against time if it's a very bad layout for shield charge (lots of doors, stairs, etc) no matter the mods. I might miss a second key when that happens, but I haven't had a shi**y T16 temple since early in the league.

Hey FOURmulaic, played the build towards the end of HC incursion league for fun and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. By far the quickest summoner build I've ever played I was pleasantly surprised. I was thinking of giving it a go for SSFHC flashback. Some of the items like watcher's eye and ideal Elder items won't be as attainable. Was just going to farm a tabula and take some extra life/defense until gems levels & gear start to catch up. Also may incorporate purity auras if needed and wasn't planning on using flame golems. Any other tips on how to adjust for SSF league starter?
Last edited by kamcnult on Aug 1, 2018, 1:40:01 AM
"
kamcnult wrote:
Hey FOURmulaic, played the build towards the end of HC incursion league for fun and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. By far the quickest summoner build I've ever played I was pleasantly surprised. I was thinking of giving it a go for SSFHC flashback. Some of the items like watcher's eye and ideal Elder items won't be as attainable. Was just going to farm a tabula and take some extra life/defense until gems levels & gear start to catch up. Also may incorporate purity auras if needed and wasn't planning on using flame golems. Any other tips on how to adjust for SSF league starter?

I did this build on SSFHC last league. I didn't play past white maps, but I'll share what I did and what I planned to do.

I did the standard leveling with SRS, Zombies, Skellies. I think it's important to put your Skeleton Warriors in your 5L+ once you get to maps. After I farmed my tabula in Blood Aqueducts that's where I put them.

I was hoping to get Wyrmsign gloves to drop (since they're pretty common) and I planned to put my Spectres there (Links: RS - Echo - GMP/Slower Proj - Minion Damage - Conc from Gloves) and spam Enduring Cry for rampage. You'll have to rely on cursing monsters with Projectile Weakness for pierce.

I wouldn't worry about running Haste in SSF or expecting to go nearly as fast for a while (if ever). Use a quartz flask for the 10% dodge and phasing. I'd rather use Arctic Armor for the physical mitigation and chill in SSFHC. Definitely plan to run Purity of Elements and any Purity you need to fix resists.

I don't know if you had other plans for defense. You could go Acro+Phase Acro (especially if you plan to go Necromantic Aegis). If you find a Tiger Hook (6% dodge implicit) you can eventually essence craft it with minion damage or attack speed for permanent 46% dodge, but you don't need to path that way since you're not expecting to satisfy high dexterity req. You could go MoM to easily scale your EHP. If you get an Atziri's Foible or good life and mana amulet I'd go MoM.

I would path to Puppet Master after going to Grave Intentions. You'll have easier access to some resists passives in the Witch and Templar area if needed.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Aug 2, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info