[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

"
FOURmulaic wrote:
"
Kevin815 wrote:
What do you recommend using between a 5l vis mortis or a tabula? If the vis mortis, then what support gem should I drop?

It depends on your goals. If you're going to spend most of your time running maps I'd use a 6L. You'll clear faster with 3 Spectres that have Faster Proj and Pierce which means you'll be able to upgrade faster. If you have limited time and want to do Uber Elder I'd probably still suggest a 6L with life and crafting +1 Skeletons. I'd drop Faster Proj.

"
dhise wrote:
Quick question, are you really gaining a benefit of having those 6 zombies? Are you using it for added defensive through taunts?

Meat shields that help generate frenzy charges (if using Necromantic Aegis + Victario's Charity) and taunt and blind monsters due to the abyss jewel mods. That’s it.

They're useful to map with. T16+ they're useless

Gotcha, thank you very much for the answer!

Also since I've never really played with spectres before when do they get tanky at all? In tier 1 maps they die instantly and it's frustrating. Thanks for all the help!
Last edited by dhise on Jul 7, 2018, 9:12:53 PM
"
dhise wrote:
"
FOURmulaic wrote:
"
Kevin815 wrote:
What do you recommend using between a 5l vis mortis or a tabula? If the vis mortis, then what support gem should I drop?

It depends on your goals. If you're going to spend most of your time running maps I'd use a 6L. You'll clear faster with 3 Spectres that have Faster Proj and Pierce which means you'll be able to upgrade faster. If you have limited time and want to do Uber Elder I'd probably still suggest a 6L with life and crafting +1 Skeletons. I'd drop Faster Proj.

"
dhise wrote:
Quick question, are you really gaining a benefit of having those 6 zombies? Are you using it for added defensive through taunts?

Meat shields that help generate frenzy charges (if using Necromantic Aegis + Victario's Charity) and taunt and blind monsters due to the abyss jewel mods. That’s it.

They're useful to map with. T16+ they're useless

Also since I've never really played with spectres before when do they get tanky at all? In tier 1 maps they die instantly and it's frustrating. Thanks for all the help!

Not OP, but are you using map-level spectres? With the 0.6%+0.2% leech nodes my spectres are good in even the hairiest situations. Having gems with minion resist+ helps, as does purity of elements. You can set a life flask to "of animation" and heal them that way too. Critical thing is to get spectres from wherever you want and then re-acquire them by desecrating them in maps.

OP, I have a question. I'm doing MF and copying your setup on your char currently. Why do you use Summon Phantasm on Kill? Is it better than the Minion Damage multiplier?

Also, while I'm running Flame Golems in a Hungry Loop, I find it a waste of 3 gem slots to get a third golem, even if it soups them up. Those slots are better used making everyone better IMO, especially since clear speed is great already. I just run an Anima Stone, that is an efficient DPS boost.
Last edited by Sher101 on Jul 7, 2018, 11:22:17 PM
"
dhise wrote:

As stated above, you need to make sure your Spectres are properly raised. The first thing I did the first few days into the league was pay for Shaper for Atlas bonus and to raise my Spectres in a Lvl 84 zone. Get their level raised with a Level 20 Raise Spectre gem and Desecrate when you reach maps and all you need is a little bit of leech (which you'll get from tree) and minion life regen (abyss jewel or tree) and they shouldn't die at all against anything except maybe Uber Elder. You need them to be close to res capped for that fight.

"
Sher101 wrote:
OP, I have a question. I'm doing MF and copying your setup on your char currently. Why do you use Summon Phantasm on Kill? Is it better than the Minion Damage multiplier?

Also, while I'm running Flame Golems in a Hungry Loop, I find it a waste of 3 gem slots to get a third golem, even if it soups them up. Those slots are better used making everyone better IMO, especially since clear speed is great already. I just run an Anima Stone, that is an efficient DPS boost.

You don't even need a more multiplier gem for your Level 84 Spectres to basically one shot trash on yellow maps. To my surprise, I found Summon Phantasm helpful with clear when I'm zooming around MF farming T8 Arcade and Bazaar. You quickly get another 10 minions from the gem that utilize the same gem links as Solar Guards. They're not nearly as effective above T11 for clear and Incursions, but my gem isn't fully leveled to know their exact cutoff for effectiveness.

I don't use Flame Golems when I'm going full MF because a Hungry Loop is a ring that could be slotted with a Ventor's or The Pariah. I think I addressed the Primordial jewels are a waste for mapping. I think they're a good option for lab farming since Flame Golems are much easier to re-summon compared to Spectres and you could even use Flame Golems in your 6L instead of Spectres. That's a big reason why I've tested the Summon Phantasm gem.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Jul 8, 2018, 12:25:07 AM
Hello,

Starting with your build and necromancer in POE :)

Little question here, what about bandits? kill or not?

thanks
"
anasme wrote:
Hello,

thanks

Kill all for two points. You can do Alira for the resists if SSF.
Hi, How does flame golem's buff work (20% increased damage)? If I summon 3 flame golems so it's 60% increased damage for me and my minions? And can we use lighting golem, since spectres clear packs and lightning golem will add solo target damage?
3.3 Raise Spectre Solar Guards vs Minotaur Path of Exile Incursion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxq0fHe-Sk
"
FOURmulaic wrote:
"
anasme wrote:
Hello,

thanks

thank for your reply ! I got a lot of fun with your build :))
I will be soon 70, atm i'm 67 finishing act10... i'm a little bit squishy (died on lab, i will try again after work this evening) but its ok !

If i follow the gear you linked on the page, does I should use necromantic aegis? I like the idea to get golem and to be fast :) But I want to REKT boss too (I want to do shaper)!!

Thanks for your help and sorry for the poor english :x
"
anasme wrote:
"
FOURmulaic wrote:
"
anasme wrote:
Hello,

thanks

thank for your reply ! I got a lot of fun with your build :))
I will be soon 70, atm i'm 67 finishing act10... i'm a little bit squishy (died on lab, i will try again after work this evening) but its ok !

If i follow the gear you linked on the page, does I should use necromantic aegis? I like the idea to get golem and to be fast :) But I want to REKT boss too (I want to do shaper)!!

Thanks for your help and sorry for the poor english :x

Did some changes, you can see on my profile :)), lv 74 going for necro aegis.
IF you can take a look and tell me what I should improve maybe?

=> I need to change color on my head and vis mortis, do you have a tips for this?
=> my zombie die very fast, is it normal? Or should i swap them on for other in my cwdt?

Thanks again !
Should I use Zombies or Flame Golems? Can't decide which ones to use :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info