[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

If were just looking at Spectres for clear speed. I'd only do 3 green with Frost Sentinels. Frost Sentinels have the most aggression out of all the ranged spectres. This allows them to benefit a lot more from 3 greens then Solar Guards.

If you want to use a spectre for strictly clear speed you can do the 3 green(gmp, pierce, faster proj) and 3 blue links with Frost Sentinels. Otherwise. If your using Solar Guards Go 2 green(gmp, pierce) and 4 blue (controlled destruction if you want ignite or Ele focus).
"
Redeyesgeek wrote:
hi thanks for this guide man !
But i have one question , for leveling you recommand clayshapper+flame golem for the second half of acts but for the early mapping we keep that or we use a 6l skeleton until raise spectre reach level 20 ? or we can use spectre ? never use this i don't know if spectre die if only gem level 16-17 for the low tiers ...

16-18 is fine. They will very rarely die. But use a 6L (tabula or better a cheap corrupted 3G3B with some res and/or life). Don't forget about the jewels though.
"
latterus14 wrote:
do you think a 5link vis mortis vs tabula would be better for general mapping and leveling through the 80s?

You'll do better with a Tabula. Using a 6L with Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Damage, GMP, Pierce, Faster Proj is more important than a fourth Spectre for mapping and leveling. On paper, you expect to get 4/3 more damage and clear but in reality you suffer from minion AI because you can't control what they target.

"
Redeyesgeek wrote:
hi thanks for this guide man !
But i have one question , for leveling you recommand clayshapper+flame golem for the second half of acts but for the early mapping we keep that or we use a 6l skeleton until raise spectre reach level 20 ? or we can use spectre ? never use this i don't know if spectre die if only gem level 16-17 for the low tiers ...

I swap to Spectres before I leave white tier maps, but you can use Flame Golems up to yellow maps. When your Raise Spectre gem is level 17 you can put your Skellies in the helm slot and raise Level 79 Spectres and that'll do you well up to T15. When your Raise Spectre gem is level 18 you can raise level 82 Spectres and do Guardians. You need level 84 Spectres for Uber Elder which you can summon in the area before the fight. I've messed that up vs Uber Elder up a couple times using a level 18 Desecrate and it was not fun, so make sure you use a level 20 Desecrate and level 20 Raise Spectre ASAP. Level 84 Spectres deal more damage and have more life.

You can use a level 18 or 19 Desecrate gem and put it in an item that gives +1 or +2 to its level when you're raising your Spectres. There are many items you can use for this. You can use the vendor recipe to make a wand with +1 to socketed chaos gems and use a level 19 Desecrate gem. If you're in a trade league you can cheaply acquire a Cane of Unravelling with linked Green Blue sockets. That'll provide +2 to socketed chaos gems and you can socket a Level 18 Desecrate and Spell Echo there. You can use a Level 19 Desecrate in a Reverberation Rod that gives +1 to socket gems and socketed gems are supported by Level 1 Spell Echo. You should be able to get either one of those items for a few alchs.

"
TheAceman wrote:
If were just looking at Spectres for clear speed. I'd only do 3 green with Frost Sentinels. Frost Sentinels have the most aggression out of all the ranged spectres. This allows them to benefit a lot more from 3 greens then Solar Guards.

If you want to use a spectre for strictly clear speed you can do the 3 green(gmp, pierce, faster proj) and 3 blue links with Frost Sentinels. Otherwise. If your using Solar Guards Go 2 green(gmp, pierce) and 4 blue (controlled destruction if you want ignite or Ele focus).

o.0

You can do whatever you want, but I already wrote about this in the main post. Level 84 Frost Sentinel damage and HP is complete dogs**t compared to level 84 Solar Guards. Frost Sentinels are more aggressive and clear trash fine, but they basically do nothing for single target. They're okay for low tier maps but Frost Sentinels struggle in high tier Incursions and any high tier map with a plethora of rare/unique monsters (Beyond, Nemesis, etc) so your clear ends up being slower.

GMP - Pierce - Faster Proj is the optimal gem links for clear when using any Raised Spectre that deal projectiles & can scale proj speed. It doesn't matter if it's Frost Sentinels, Flame Sentinels, Solar Guards, Vaal Risen Advocates, etc.

Frost Sentinels are okay for cheap leveling. You can equip Bones of Ullr and link Raise Spectre - GMP/Slower Proj - Spell Echo in a Bitterdream and that can carry you to maps with your Summon Skeletons if you rush to Death Attunement on the passive tree, but you'll waste a ton of time re-summoning them and raising their level.

Last edited by FOURmulaic on Aug 8, 2018, 12:55:08 PM
I now recolored my chest and i must say 3g3b is much better then 2g4b. Im still not sure if i prefere chain or pirce, but faster proj is way better then ele focus thats for sure. Thanks for helping out.
"
joscha wrote:
I now recolored my chest and i must say 3g3b is much better then 2g4b. Im still not sure if i prefere chain or pirce, but faster proj is way better then ele focus thats for sure. Thanks for helping out.

Glad to help. I prefer Chain. It's better when I farm T3/T8 Arcade and non-linear maps, but I sometimes struggled in higher tier maps and Incursions with a second Less multiplier gem and was compelled to use Pierce.
Hey did you recently change the skill trees linked in this guide? I feel like im going crazy I've been following it through and i opened the page today and the skill tree is significantly different than what I had been following.
"
Raiito wrote:
Hey did you recently change the skill trees linked in this guide? I feel like im going crazy I've been following it through and i opened the page today and the skill tree is significantly different than what I had been following.

Yeah, he did. For Aegis:

Old tree: https://i.imgur.com/txS3CSb.jpg
New tree: https://i.imgur.com/OVtho2W.jpg

Less jewels, more life.
"
b1os wrote:
"
Raiito wrote:

Yeah, he did. For Aegis:

Old tree: https://i.imgur.com/txS3CSb.jpg
New tree: https://i.imgur.com/OVtho2W.jpg

Less jewels, more life.

This is correct. I've been slowly making changes with my phone because I've been struggling to find the time do it all at once. I did write a reply saying I was going to change stuff, but I should've put a warning in the main post that I was making my final changes.

For a while I had the tree rush to Grave Intentions for the +1 skelly/zombies, but it's not worth investing into more skellies on the tree besides Gravepact. You're better off pathing to Quick Recovery (efficient life node + life & mana regen) and getting near MoM just in case you need the extra eHP.

Pathing through the Scion wheel is more efficient for more life and dexterity and you get extra movement speed and attack speed from Harrier. You still have access to the same number of jewel sockets, and you're always near Necromantic Aegis. It's more flexible and easier to change your tree from max dodge to max block or go for a 9.5k+ health pool if big eHP numbers is all you care about.
"
FOURmulaic wrote:
This is correct. I've been slowly making changes with my phone because I've been struggling to find the time do it all at once. I did write a reply saying I was going to change stuff, but I should've put a warning in the main post that I was making my final changes.

For a while I had the tree rush to Grave Intentions for the +1 skelly/zombies, but it's not worth investing into more skellies on the tree besides Gravepact. You're better off pathing to Quick Recovery (efficient life node + life & mana regen) and getting near MoM just in case you need the extra eHP.

Pathing through the Scion wheel is more efficient for more life and dexterity and you get extra movement speed and attack speed from Harrier. You still have access to the same number of jewel sockets, and you're always near Necromantic Aegis. It's more flexible and easier to change your tree from max dodge to max block or go for a 9.5k+ health pool if big eHP numbers is all you care about.

Thanks for the guide! Been enjoying it so far. I'm still running a full mf setup (two Ventor's, both Bisco's, Sadima's). Bit squishy though, so I'll be transitioning into the max dodge setup now for red maps.

Levelling with SRS is a pita, imo. Found a nice 5L in a vaal side area with good colours, ended up using 5L skellies. With Bone Sculptor it was super easy, pop 3 Skellies per group of mobs and they'll do the rest (melee splash etc.). Fast cast time, strong overall. Farming Blood Aqueducts for a Tabula was a breeze.

Edit: Since my Tiger Hook has t1 res, my insanity gloves have 2x t2 res, and my helmet has t3 res, I crafted a simple elder Unset Ring with 5% evade and a life mastercraft. I can still wear Bisco's collar (ignoring Ele Weakness for now), but I'm planning to replace it with a simple quant amulet with life soon.

Good idea about the Vix Lunaris in the swap just in case, but I'd definitely upgrade it to Magna Eclipsis (1000 elemental damage aegis instead of 1000 cold damage).
Last edited by b1os on Aug 11, 2018, 12:13:56 AM
Do you think end game content can be done with Golems + Skeletons and no Spectres?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info