Path of Exile: Incursion (Content Update 3.3.0) Patch Notes

"
"
Tamoketh wrote:

Okay, so to make sure I understand what you are saying:

Right now in 3.2, if I link Mirror Arrow with Trap Support, the 3s cool-down of Mirror Arrow is still applied when I throw a Trap. This cool-down DOESN'T work the same as self-cast and instead, because of traps, it lets you bypass this base cool-down and cast multiple times, because it's instead being changed to match the cool-down of the charge system. Since this is 4s and Mirror Arrow is 3s, the CD is "hidden". So you could throw 1/3/4/7 traps at a time without triggering the 3s base CD, and throw your 3 charges without triggering this base CD as well. Meaning, while ignoring the 3s base CD of Mirror Arrow, you'd be able to realistically get 21 down instantly because getting any charges back with Multi+Cluster.

Is that correct?

I'm not at my PC to verify, but what I said above is what you are saying happens now, right?

3.2 traps for mirror/blink:

Mirror + trap support: 1 trap thrown, 4 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + multiple: 3 trap thrown, 4 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + cluster: 4 trap thrown, 4 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + multiple + cluster: 6 trap thrown, 4 second cooldown. (not practical)

Mirror arrow cooldown: 3 seconds, Trap support cooldown: 4 seconds. Highest cooldown will be used.
6 traps thrown at once causes too much -less damage therefore it really shouldn't be considered practical. So, let's assume we throw 4 traps at once.

3 charges x 4 = 12 traps with trap throwing speed this can be done relatively quick. Now let's also assume we have blink arrow on top of mirror arrow. In combination that is 6 x 4 = 24 traps. With a cooldown of 4 seconds by the time we extend both of them we can at the very least have 2 additional charges (1 from mirror will recharge, 1 from blink will recharge nearly) this is how we get to 30 traps in a 5 second span due to throw time, trigger time, and recharge time.

Build focused on duration and cooldown in 3.2 ~ and example of cooldown of base skill 4/s a charge.

3.3 traps for mirror/blink:

Mirror + trap support: 1 trap thrown, 3 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + multiple: 3 trap thrown, 3 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + cluster: 4 trap thrown, 3 second cooldown.
Mirror + trap support + multiple + cluster: 6 trap thrown, 3 second cooldown.

1 use x 4 = 4 traps. Assuming blink arrow in combination that is 2 x 4 = 8 traps. By the end of it blink and mirror will still be on cool down because it does not take 3 seconds to 2 traps thus causing down time every 8 traps thrown.

Math is hard if I'm mathing correctly that would be 100 - ((8/30) x 100) = 73.3 less effective or rather if you prefer only 26.6% of what was originally possible. Mind you this also doesn't take into effect cooldown which will only make this number much less than 26.6 in terms of effectiveness. Incredibly that is... So, 26.6% effective assuming you use base cooldown. If you're taking into account cooldown nerfs... or current version cooldown effectiveness would probably be less than 10.

Bonus pic: Reference of mine functionality with blink: (3 second cooldown and no charges) current 3.2

FROM PATCH NOTES:

Traps

The interaction between trap skills with cooldowns and sources of additional traps thrown (such as the Multiple Traps or Cluster Trap Supports) has been changed, and now work as they did with Vaal Lightning Trap previously. Namely, additional traps can only be thrown if the skill has at least one extra trap cooldown stockpiled, and only as many additional traps will be thrown as there are cooldowns stockpiled. In other words, if you have three Seismic Traps stockpiled and have the Shaper's additional trap glove mod, you'll throw two traps and consume two Seismic Trap cooldowns. If you only have two cooldowns stockpiled and attempt to throw three Seismic Traps via the Multitrap support, you will only throw two traps.

OK - I agree 100% that the new trap mechanics with Trap Support losing its' CD dictate that the CD of the supported spell will become the default CD. HOWEVER, if we go by the new patch notes we see that 1 stock is used for EACH trap thrown regardless of whether it is thrown singly, with Multi, or with Cluster. So, with MA or BA supported by Cluster, you cannot throw 3 charges x 4 resulting in 12 traps. Rather, you would throw 3 traps (instead of the expected 4 traps)costing 3 charges and be out of charges and unable to throw any more traps until you re-charge.
Any disagreement? Any thoughts?

No mention of map-drop glitch being fixed.
Ground slam with axes? Finally! And it looks like earthquake might be restored to its former glory
Poggers
Hype
will the update come out before the league start, so i will have time to update my game and still be on time for the league start? Or will it come out when the league starts?
"
kyulu wrote:
will the update come out before the league start, so i will have time to update my game and still be on time for the league start? Or will it come out when the league starts?

Major updates are always simultaneous with new leagues. The servers typically go down for about half an hour; once that starts, the update is available for download. If you can patch within 30 minutes, you'll be ready to go when the servers get back online and the new version is live.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Badfox14 wrote:
Badfox14

"
z1754888

Confirmation that you two were right:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8n5de7/trap_support_cooldown_is_now_removed_but_what_if/dzt010p/?context=3

So RIP Meme Arrow Trapper and Cold Snap Trapper I guess.

I should have tried them when I had the chance, lol.
Last edited by Tamoketh on Jun 1, 2018, 8:26:32 AM
So totem duration got nerfed again maybe even double nerfed if increased duration gem no longer works with it, how about adding some totem duration to the totem wheels?
Added a new feature - Always Attack Without Moving: This feature prevents your character from moving while using skills where this is toggled on, as if you are holding down your "Attack in Place" key. This can be toggled on and off of individual skills in the skill bar. This feature can also be used on movement skills to prevent the skill from "namelocking" (ie. locking onto an enemy).

Best single patch note ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info