Path of Exile: Incursion (Content Update 3.3.0) Patch Notes

"
Cooldown is shared based on what is supporting it. If I wear a helmet that recharges mirror arrow faster it will reduce the cooldown of my trap if trap support is supporting mirror arrow. Likewise if mirror arrow is supported by trap then it will be reduced by trap cooldown recovery. Again since charges are being removed 1 use would instantly put it on recharge just like it does with mines thus substantially reducing your out put regardless of the 1 second difference given to you since trap will use 3s instead of 4 in 3.3 for mirror arrow. That is not an assumption that is fact. you're comparing 6 charges to 2 uses. 6 charges will always be better than 2 uses especially since by the end of 6 charges you would have netted another 2. Essentially being considered 8 charges vs 2 uses.

Okay, 2 things:

1. From Trap Support on the Wiki (blurb quoted below) it seems like Trap Support currently uses its CD/charge system instead of any CD of the gem it supports, like I mentioned previously with being able to spam Cold Snap without needing to consume Power/Frenzy charges. Which, unless this is changed (and that wasn't brought up), it would mean that Trap Support's 0s CD and no charges would be used instead of whatever the supported skill has for a CD.

"
Cooldown: The gem overrides the cooldown on supported skills with the trap cooldown. For example when the support gem is combined with Cold Snap it can be used multiple times in a row, as long as there are trap charges remaining.

2. You stated that the higher CD between Trap Support and its supported skill is used and gave the example of Trap Support's 4s compared to Blink/Mirror Arrow's 3s. You stated that this is why you believe that in 3.3.0 Trap Support linked to Blink/Mirror Arrow will then use the 3s cooldown, because Trap Support's CD will now be 0s. A quick and easy way to test if the bolded statement above is true is to link Trap Support with Convocation. Convocation has a CD of 8s CD. So you can do that and see if it takes 4s to regain a charge or if it takes 8s.
Last edited by Tamoketh on May 31, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
"
Tamoketh wrote:

ou stated that the higher CD between Trap Support and its supported skill is used and gave the example of Trap Support's 4s compared to Blink/Mirror Arrow's 3s. You stated that this is why you believe that in 3.3.0 Trap Support linked to Blink/Mirror Arrow will then use the 3s cooldown, because Trap Support's CD will now be 0s. A quick and easy way to test if the bolded statement above is true is to link Trap Support with Convocation. Convocation has a CD of 8s CD. So you can do that and see if it takes 4s to regain a charge or if it takes 8s.

Convocation cannot be supported by trap. I had read a post ages ago which had stated that trap support takes respect of cooldown of other abilities as well as it's own. Whether it is true or not is debatable but that was my understanding of it. Regardless as I keep mentioning trap support is being put in place to be exactly like remote mine support. And remote mine support has respect for other linked abilities. I even provided a screenshot to prove that. We'll just wait and see I guess. But I guarantee you they will function like the mine does.
"
Convocation cannot be supported by trap.

Damn, too bad for that.

"
I had read a post ages ago which had stated that trap support takes respect of cooldown of other abilities as well as it's own. Whether it is true or not is debatable but that was my understanding of it.

Well, it doesn't seem to take respect of the cool-down of other abilities as well because then something like Glacial Cascade wouldn't be able to bypass the CD unless a Power charge would be consumed, right? Or that you could consume a charge to bypass the trap charge system? Since it currently applies Trap Support's CD and bypasses the supported skill's CD and restrictions, I see no reason to expect that this would be massively changed without them or anyone covering it (ZiggyD) mentioned it.

"
Regardless as I keep mentioning trap support is being put in place to be exactly like remote mine support. And remote mine support has respect for other linked abilities. I even provided a screenshot to prove that.

Also, the reason I've been ignoring you comparing Traps to Mines is because they behave differently by default now. Since we don't know for sure how the mechanics will change, it's still an assumption at this point.

"
We'll just wait and see I guess. But I guarantee you they will function like the mine does.

You are right, all we can do is wait. If it does work like that, then Cold Snap will be gutted too.
and no nerf for poet's pen ?... lololol
I am very surprised Volatile Dead wasn't touched, I was kinda expecting a nerf towards that skill. Besides that, I am at least glad to see the Multistrike buff Ice Crash and Doryani's Touch is receiving.
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
Tamoketh wrote:

You are right, all we can do is wait. If it does work like that, then Cold Snap will be gutted too.

I forgot that totems also respect recharges on abilities :S, so it'd be weird that totems and mines would and then traps going forward wouldn't none the less we find out tomorrow...
Nice!
This league seems to `outshine` Bestiary for me..
I hate traps, or just meh it
I hate vaal gems, or just meh on em..

First nets, now traps.. is this some zookeeping trend continues?

But still some arc mines or arc totems will be worth to do.
Ans still it promise to be path of ranger again for many.
Last edited by DarkJen on May 31, 2018, 4:26:14 PM
Gem showcase already nerf some gems - that was quick.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Looks like a ton of work went into this!
i <3 minesweeper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info