Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
All the "I bought supporter packs to support an independent company = now i wont buy anymore" need to stop lying, you bought it because they look cool because they provided points for you to spend on the store.

Do not project your failings on to me. Every icon you see to the right I paid for to support a small developer who I dearly hoped would avoid the fate that befell so many once beloved companies that I no longer buy games from. I consider every league to be an "expansion pack" and I bought the supporter pack the same way I used to run out and buy Blizzard's and Bioware's expansions before I could not longer stand to do business with their parent companies.

In my mind, GGG was going to build itself up into what Blizzard should have been had it never been beholden to Vivendi/Activision.

That won't happen now. Very disappointed.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 21, 2018, 4:24:30 AM
Hmm.. i start watching positive state of that news.. Some time later Daddy Tencent come to Chris and ask
"Why u FKED BITCH NOT ANSWER IN SUGGESTION AND FEEDBACKS TO UR CLIENTS ALREADY IN 2 WEEKS BITCH?
"
"
"
Saddest day of my gamer life :((

Relax, nothing has changed

Not yet... Alone the pressure to make a certain profit will influence decicions. You know some leagues are bashed by players in the beginning even if they are good later - maybe an investor will have a problem with that and force (or just hint) GGG to not make "risky" experiments anymore - such things trouble me. I dont think it will be an obvious influence but the silent things. Hope you understand what I mean.

I understood what you said but trust me tencent isnt as bad as what people in this forum make them seem to be, Tencent actually tries to save games not ruin them. Its in their best interest to keep the game enjoyable after all so it can be profitable
"
"
All the "I bought supporter packs to support an independent company = now i wont buy anymore" need to stop lying, you bought it because they look cool because they provided points for you to spend on the store.

Do not project your failings on to me. Every icon you see to the right I paid for to support a small developer who I dearly hoped would avoid the fate that befell so many once beloved companies that I no longer buy games from. I consider every league to be an "expansion pack" and I bought the supporter pack the same way I used to run out and buy Blizzard's and Bioware's expansions before I could not longer stand to do business with their parent company's.

In my mind, GGG was going to build itself up into what Blizzard should have been had it never been beholden to Vivendi/Activision.

This. Absolutely agree here.
Edit: Although i admit my buyings were 80% to help GGG being what Blizzard could have been and 20% for the looks and stashes.
Songs are like knights. They need to be covered in metal.
Last edited by Sadillan on May 21, 2018, 4:24:56 AM
Michael Scott said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
"
Viperz212 wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:

I have a bucket load of stash tabs. They feed my desire to collect everything I possibly can. But someone with no invested cash can still play a character up to level 90+, sell the cool stuff they get, and fund more characters. Those people just can't hoard stuff, they have to sell it. Easy. Stash tabs are convenience, not pay to win.

just fuck off man, u can easy try that Freetoplay by register new account and say me hot much fun get u 90+ char with 4 tabs)).

Please insert a new sentence which has no foul language and is easy to understand, thanks.
Welp Goodbye GGG, it was a nice ride.

I hope there will be a new ARPG coming around. I heard something about wolcen.
Even though this post will get lost in the flood, I'm gonna throw in my 10 cents.

This is in no way unexpected.
Chris had a vision of a game. This vision was completed with the 10 acts and no multiple difficulties. They told the story they had in mind.

Cashing out when at your peak is a good and sensible decision. The initial team dedicated a lot of time and effort and deserve their payday.

Talking about 'devotion', 'responsibility to fans' or that anyone is owed something more from what they've already gotten for their 'fan support' is childish and silly. I guess the audience of the game is younger than I suspected.

Its not great that it had to be Tencent, but I guess money really doesn't stink.

To those who have the 'wait and see' attitude - 'All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again'. The direction is clear. We've seen this happen multiple times and the results are the same each and every time. Only the young and/or naive will pay attention to the PR statements given from all interested parties.

It was a great ride, the game at its current state is awesome.
Maybe we will get at least a couple of more decent leagues before its over.
"
"

Do not project your failings on to me. Every icon you see to the right I paid for to support a small developer who I dearly hoped would avoid the fate that befell so many once beloved companies that I no longer buy games from. I consider every league to be an "expansion pack" and I bought the supporter pack the same way I used to run out and buy Blizzard's and Bioware's expansions before I could not longer stand to do business with their parent company's.

What you're asking for is literally impossible as big companies will always only go up so GGG would never catch up to those companies, especially without the help of a big company *ehem* tencent. Believing that you genuinely wanted to support a small indie company, I'm going to have to say that not all claims like yours are true and are complete bs just to ride the train when they most likely dont even know anything anout tencent and are just scared about the idea of GGG being "owned" by someone else. Some people will say anything to prevent outsidr ownership so thats why I felt the need to say what I said.
Last edited by noname213 on May 21, 2018, 4:25:56 AM
Abominable :(
IGN - EawWin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info