Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Viperz212 wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:

I have a bucket load of stash tabs. They feed my desire to collect everything I possibly can. But someone with no invested cash can still play a character up to level 90+, sell the cool stuff they get, and fund more characters. Those people just can't hoard stuff, they have to sell it. Easy. Stash tabs are convenience, not pay to win.

just fuck off man, u can easy try that Freetoplay by register new account and say me hot much fun get u 90+ char with 4 tabs)).

Please insert a new sentence which has no foul language and is easy to understand, thanks.

LUL... yeah.
My wife is very happy with this news, as it means I wont be spending any more money on expensive MTX's.

Also no need to tighten the family purse strings to save up to go to TencentCon.

While I'm sure this is good news for Chris and Co, as a player this news tastes very sour :(
"
Alea wrote:
Congratulations thats probably alot of money, im curious to know if your guys sold absolutely everything you had or just enough to give them more than 50%.

生意就是生意

They sold everything, including Ziz's stash of Red Bulls and Mathil's attitude
A good amount of healthy scepticism and concern for a developer studio you support is good, and warranted. The kind of vitriol and total hyperbole displayed here by most posters is certainly not.

Tencent owns stakes in many games and dev studios, and few if any have actually been impacted in any noticable manner by the shift in shareholders.

Oh, and just fyi for those of you either too young or too uneducated to get how this game of capitalism is played: selling your company after it becomes successful enough to turn a profit on sale is the entire point of the endeavour.

> mfw people actually believe small indy developers will turn into full-fledged autonomous companies without being merged/acquired etc in 2k18

"
Viperz212 wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:

I have a bucket load of stash tabs. They feed my desire to collect everything I possibly can. But someone with no invested cash can still play a character up to level 90+, sell the cool stuff they get, and fund more characters. Those people just can't hoard stuff, they have to sell it. Easy. Stash tabs are convenience, not pay to win.

just fuck off man, u can easy try that Freetoplay by register new account and say me how much fun get u 90+ char with 4 tabs)).

I have a buddy that plays with 4 tabs and is always 90+ every league, he dose not sell at all. Whatever he finds he sells to the vendor unless it is opOP. When he accumulates currency he either dumps it into fusings or trades it to me. He maintains chaos/alchemy just to reroll maps. And he has fun with it too.
"
Polarity69 wrote:
My wife is very happy with this news, as it means I wont be spending any more money on expensive MTX's.

Also no need to tighten the family purse strings to save up to go to TencentCon.

While I'm sure this is good news for Chris and Co, as a player this news tastes very sour :(

Let me ask you and everyone else here, what do you know about Tencent that is completely true other than what others here have failed to present? If you have nothing then stop it with all the negativity and just enjoy the damn game
And the thing is, Pay-to-Win is not my biggest concern. I am sure you would have to be an absolute moron to destroy the game like that, so I don't think it will happen.

Instead, we will start seeing for-profit mentality of a corporation sink its teeth into PoE values because it is now their duty to make money for Tencent, so no more off-years, no more huge investment of time into developing new content, less customer support and improvements etc.

In addition, I expect banal, popular, mainstream ideas, themes and storylines to start coming through in the upcoming years.
"
"
Polarity69 wrote:

Let me ask you and everyone else here, what do you know about Tencent that is completely true other than what others here have failed to present? If you have nothing then stop it with all the negativity and just enjoy the damn game

I agree, i've just googled for an hour and feel very positive about this acquisition. I did not feel that way initially.
People need to learn to keep their cool.
How unfortunate.

Hopefully they can use the money to create a new game.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on May 21, 2018, 8:51:29 PM
From all the packs I bought, I only bought 3 of them because of the cool MTX I wanted to have.
The rest I bought because I said to myself to support that little team which gives us one of the best games in my life.
Well, you don't NEED my money anymore as there is a big company out there giving you way more money to proceed now.
Therefore I will only buy packs I rly like.
And if there will be more stash tabs (like for essences and maps) which I feeel we are forced to buy to enjoy the game, I will stop that as well.

THe development changed in the last 1,5 years and it's getting worse.
I stopped playing 2 months ago and started to play another game because I wanted to obersve where PoE is going. Now it's getting way more clear.

Money is important to keep PoE alive but I'm sure we'll see the heavy impact of that decision next year.

I'll keep watching for the time being.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info