[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
"
Reumert wrote:
Is it viable for shaper when wearing a TOA/Scorge with a moonbender in off hand?

Easily.
You won't be able to kill a full health shaper during one animation like I did with my over the top bestiary gear, but you can kill him.

I linked a 100c PoB a bit further up. It's more like 80c or so, but you get the gist:
500k shaper DPS on a 5l and completely trash rares. 500k is enough to kill Shaper and the Guardians.

Also, I played this build in Harbinger before Shaped Statsticks were even around and I played with ToA+Moonbender and did all Endgame Content.

Moonbender is actually an awesome Statstick, and if shaped ones ever get gutted we can just use Moonbender again.

Even tho its in the 100-80c range I dont think u can get a belly of the beast with that range so early
"
Reumert wrote:
Even tho its in the 100-80c range I dont think u can get a belly of the beast with that range so early

You mean so early in the league? I think I bought my 5l belly for 65c in the first week.
That said, you can just buy a random 5l rare and use the extra money on other rares with better life.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 12:22:23 PM
Im guessing the blade flurry damage is best enchant for us or not?
Last edited by Reumert on May 22, 2018, 1:11:15 PM
"
Reumert wrote:
Im guessing the blade flurry damage is best enchant for us or not?

On paper 150% Ice Golem effect is best for me, followed by Bladeflurry damage, very closely followed by Bloodrage Attack Speed.

Ice Golem dies very often tho, so I wouldn't use this.

I'm gonna add this to the main post later today once I shortened it a bit.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 1:56:23 PM
Could you update the section under "progression gear" at gear overview because there aren't any amulet, or rings :)
"
Reumert wrote:
Could you update the section under "progression gear" at gear overview because there aren't any amulet, or rings :)

There are if you scroll down, in the form of trade links tho :P
I linked example searches for cheap starter gear with good stats. Its all red and big and I even talk about it at the start of the section.

I actually can't post any more real items in the thread, as these eat a ton of letters and the first post is almost full already.
"
"
Reumert wrote:

I linked example searches for cheap starter gear with good stats. Its all red and big and I even talk about it at the start of the section.

I actually can't post any more real items in the thread, as these eat a ton of letters and the first post is almost full already.

Okay I have no idea how to post my skill tree or my gear but i jsut got lvl 70 on std and gonna try the build out but I hit a wall reaching the 155 int for orb of storms is it required to be lvl 20 and if so how do u reach it? if u want to be on a budget?

edited :D I meant 155 int and str for the different gems?
Last edited by Reumert on May 22, 2018, 4:23:40 PM
"
Reumert wrote:
"
"
Reumert wrote:

Okay I have no idea how to post my skill tree or my gear but i jsut got lvl 70 on std and gonna try the build out but I hit a wall reaching the 155 int for orb of storms is it required to be lvl 20 and if so how do u reach it? if u want to be on a budget?

edited :D I meant 155 int and str for the different gems?

You don't need Orb of Storms at 20 :D The level doesn't do much for us. Same goes for Frostbomb, it can be lvl 1. In the end you get your int from one piece of rare gear and a few nodes on the tree passively. Same for Str.

I took a reaaaaly quick look at your character and you seem to be on the right way with gear and tree. Just get your Merc Lab for Raider Ascendancy for now.
Also, I added a list of important stats on rare gear to the "progression gear" gear overview in the last few minutes.

I'm gonna update the Gemlink part now and let people know about the levels, thanks for the heads up!

Can look over your character more in detail tomorrow if u want.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 4:54:23 PM
Can look over your character more in detail tomorrow if u want.[/quote]

Would love that! :)
"
"
Haasts wrote:
Hi, interesting looking build and looking forward to the updates.

Quick question - might have missed it, but I couldn't see anything on suggested helm/etc enchants. I'd guess Blade Flurry damage or Blood Rage attack speed, or would a clearing skill AOE/damage buff be more overall utility?

Also, guessing Blade Flurry's the most important gem to get to 21/20 (though I suppose with the 3.3. Vaal gems providing normal skills, a 21/20 Vaal Reave will be nice to attempt) - anything unintuitive in priority after that?

Actually missed doing the enchants, Ty for the Heads Up :D
Depends on what your PoB tells you, but either Bloodrage or Bladeflurry for ST and Reave Radius for clearing. Ice Golem effect might look nice, but he dies too often.

21/20 Vaal Reave won't be possible since we don't have Bestiary. So settle for 20/20.

Actually I'm concerned about the Vaal Skill changes, since you gain a Stack each time one of your swings hits and not per mob that is hit.

If I 6l my Vaal Reave right now in Bestiary, I just one shot evetything with 1 swing and get 1 or maybe 2 additional stacks.

Add on top of that the fact that Vaal Reave wont be able to be supported by Multistrike anymore, and every swing will be a lot more powerful, increasing the danger of one shotting mobs.

Personally I think I will keep my Vaal Reave seperate and unlinked, but we'll see how it works out. Maybe GGG brings some changes.
An additional Socket would provide space for either Vaal Grace/Haste or a Golem while mapping, which would be nice. Golem's die too often for my taste, and the Vaal Buffs can feel clunky without cast speed, so it's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out. Especially given that the character maps more than just fine as is.

Didnt include 21/20 options since that is a luxury mostly, Attack builds dont get too much from it. I will add a disclaimer at the end of the Gemlinks section about Priority for 21 gems and Quality tho.
For me BF 21/20 was the biggest increase, and generally it should be for everyone.
I will Check over it in PoB later today, but Conc Effect should be second. Idk about the Rest off the top of my head.

Thanks for taking interest and the suggestions mate, will get to it once I'm Home :)
Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

Cheers, thanks for the replies! Hadn't thought about the potential downside of a linked Vaal Reave, and likewise re: gems levels for attack builds - I don't usually get away from ED/RF/mines & the like, but thought with potential changes to how off-hand stat-sticks will work after Incursion I should give an attack build a spin while the going's good :)

I'd thought about asking how claws compare to foils, as there are a lot of competing BF/Reave builds around, but then happened to stumble across this recent Reddit thread where you and someone else break it down - thought I'd link it before it disappears into the Reddit void (maybe it could be linked in the FAQ to save space in your posts?).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info