[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
"
lucasrossi wrote:
I'm trying this build to league start in Flashback event, I need to invest in my equip but feels pretty smooth and I don't get the last Ascendancy (duelist) or even good equip/jewels , I think it's really good but expensive to get good abyss jewels watcher's eye rings and amulet

I leave my equipment and if you want to give me some advice, go ahead
Gear

Hey man, thanks for trying it out and liking it :)

You are actually completely on the right path with your gear, everything looks super fine to me.
Yes, good Rings etc. will cost a lot, but you don't need stuff that costs 3ex and more to do even Uber Elder.

For now, the biggest upgrade to your Character will be getting the Slayer Ascendancy. I actually don't recommend taking the Ranger Start so early, I recommend going Slayer->Raider->Ranger Start or Raider->Slayer->Ranger Start.
We really need Slayer, and this way we can get it early and all our Uber Lab gives us are some passive points.
I recommend you either Unspec out of the Ranger Start + the 1 passive Point Node before it (costs 5 Regret Orbs per Ascendancy Node) and then run Normal Lab again, at the end of which you can put those 2 Nodes you unspecced into Slayer.
OR you push for Uber Lab real fast via global 820 channel. Maybe ask others if they have the trials you need in their map.

If you decide to unspec the Ranger Start and take Slayer now, your tree should look like this after: www.poeurl.com/bUtl As you can see you loose 2 Skillpoints overall, but it's no big deal.
Your next points should go into Vaal Pact then, like this: www.poeurl.com/bUtm

If you take Slayer and Vaal Pact, you don't need a Life Flask anymore. Make getting an Atziri's Promise instead your goal, which will be a huge Boost to your damage and also some survivability.
Also, at this point you can Replace Melee Physical Damage with Damage on Full Life in your Helmet, and Added Fire with Damage on full Life in your Chest. You will always be on Full Life and this will be a lot more Damage.

Also consider corrupting your Touch of Anguish to 30% Quality with Beastcrafting, which will be a big DPS upgrade as well.

Lastly, a Cold Conversion Watcher's Eye usually goes for 3 to 4ex in a league, which is pretty affordable. It is only really expensive in Flashback.

Hope I could help :)
Guffin

Thank you very much, I appreciate so much your help and your enthusiasm to keep helping.

I need the last Trial to do Uber Izaro and get slayer and Vaal pact almost done
I will corrupt the touch of anguish for 30% quality and replace melee physical damage for damage on full life, today when I finish Itzaro.

I update my tree, gear, flask and put a Lion's roar, actually I feel pretty comfortable but don't know how to really upgrade in DPS without the watcher's eye cold conversion 7-12ex is so much to expend.
What is better to aim 6L or watcher's eye or maybe better jewelry?
I'm actually with 3ex~ but If I keep farming I can got more.
and for the last one, I will put Phase Acrobatics :) thanks for all.
Gear
"
lucasrossi wrote:

Thank you very much, I appreciate so much your help and your enthusiasm to keep helping.

I need the last Trial to do Uber Izaro and get slayer and Vaal pact almost done
I will corrupt the touch of anguish for 30% quality and replace melee physical damage for damage on full life, today when I finish Itzaro.

I update my tree, gear, flask and put a Lion's roar, actually I feel pretty comfortable but don't know how to really upgrade in DPS without the watcher's eye cold conversion 7-12ex is so much to expend.
What is better to aim 6L or watcher's eye or maybe better jewelry?
I'm actually with 3ex~ but If I keep farming I can got more.
and for the last one, I will put Phase Acrobatics :) thanks for all.
Gear

At this point it looks like upgrading your Rings seems to be the cheapest way to some DPS and Life improvements. Try to look for flat Physical Damage, % increased Elemental Damage with Attacks and +50 to 60 life or something like that.
Also, your Jewels need improvements. You could at least try getting an useful third mod by regalling some of your magic ones :D
Here is a search link for some Abyss Jewels: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Flashback%20Event%20(BRE001)/0nPabbsg
At this point it looks like upgrading your Rings seems to be the cheapest way to some DPS and Life improvements. Try to look for flat Physical Damage, % increased Elemental Damage with Attacks and +50 to 60 life or something like that.
Also, your Jewels need improvements. You could at least try getting an useful third mod by regalling some of your magic ones :D
Here is a search link for some Abyss Jewels: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Flashback%20Event%20(BRE001)/0nPabbsg[/quote]

Thanks, Im looking for jewels and rings but is a bit clunky to keep all resistance up to 75 and cover str+intelligence requirements,rn I regal all my jewels but never lucky lul only es things
I think if I take the "coldhearted calculation" node in the tree with +20int it can be much easier to take a better ring, with more damage/resistance.
Well, thank you for the search link with abyss jewels thats a really good help I will be using it,I did'nt know how many mods I could take and thanks for the help I will be back when I get a better equip to say hey that guy help me a lot even if I write like a monkey (because English is not my native language) I appreciate your help and all your aparts in the build that helps a lot espeacially that search to go and buy :)
"
lucasrossi wrote:
Thanks, Im looking for jewels and rings but is a bit clunky to keep all resistance up to 75 and cover str+intelligence requirements,rn I regal all my jewels but never lucky lul only es things
I think if I take the "coldhearted calculation" node in the tree with +20int it can be much easier to take a better ring, with more damage/resistance.
Well, thank you for the search link with abyss jewels thats a really good help I will be using it,I did'nt know how many mods I could take and thanks for the help I will be back when I get a better equip to say hey that guy help me a lot even if I write like a monkey (because English is not my native language) I appreciate your help and all your aparts in the build that helps a lot espeacially that search to go and buy :)

Always glad to help, and good to see it's working out for you :)
One thing I noticed: since you don't have good Abyss Jewels for your Darkness Enthroned, maybe you should go for a normal rare Leather Belt:
Life Res and a bit of Damage
Life and more Res
until you have better Abyss Jewels.
Don't forget about normal Rare Jewels either! Here are some with really good res and some damage:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Flashback%20Event%20(BRE001)/rGYV3mhQ

Good luck on getting Uber Lab. Getting Slayer is huuuuge, and if you play this build again I recommend taking it earlier.

Also, you can take either Coldhearted Calc or one of the +30 Int Nodes. Maybe unspec one Life Node (the 4% one for example) if you don't need it. But you only really need one Ring with a good INT roll, and then some from the Implicit of the Amulet.

And cool to hear that people use the trade links, I'll add some more :)
Last edited by Guffinn on May 20, 2018, 7:30:44 PM
Is it viable for shaper when wearing a TOA/Scorge with a moonbender in off hand?
"
Reumert wrote:
Is it viable for shaper when wearing a TOA/Scorge with a moonbender in off hand?

Easily.
You won't be able to kill a full health shaper during one animation like I did with my over the top bestiary gear, but you can kill him.

I linked a 100c PoB a bit further up. It's more like 80c or so, but you get the gist:
500k shaper DPS on a 5l and completely trash rares. 500k is enough to kill Shaper and the Guardians.

Also, I played this build in Harbinger before Shaped Statsticks were even around and I played with ToA+Moonbender and did all Endgame Content.

Moonbender is actually an awesome Statstick, and if shaped ones ever get gutted we can just use Moonbender again.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 21, 2018, 6:11:12 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
E: just checked your Gear and Tree. You barely picked and Life and there is plenty in reach, why don't you get it if you feel you are lacking? Also, maybe grab some gear with actual life on it.

Because I was following your build guide. Yes, I could have done my own and differed away from it, but I wanted to follow the guide you outlined... because you ... made a guide... And I need Carnage Heart to address the Int deficiency (so no life there), and Praxis to address the mana issues (no life there either). Yes, I could swap the boots and gloves out for better life, but even that would only give me ~1200 or so with the current nodes.

The current build guide as it stands simply does not work (esp. for HC). For example, I just got 1-shotted by the boss in the Act II Twilight Strand (the exploding spirit). And this is rocking BiS gear for this build type. As I also mentioned, there are serious issues with keeping up Int as well (and Str depending on items).

I have never, ever in my life died to the boss in A2TS. So yah, the leveling section of this build needs a complete overhaul/redux. My other characters on average have between 2k-2.5k health at this point (L48 or so).

I've taken other Sunder, Cyclone and Reave builds to end-game with 0-1 deaths (on average).

This build has potential, but it really needs a complete redesign to be player friendly relative to guiding the player through the leveling process without numerous deaths.

As it stands, I've already dismantled the character and walked away from it. It's just not worth the effort to correct the deficiencies in the guide relative to leveling when I can use other builds that level much smoother and are also solid at end-game.

You gotta put some thought in the levelling process while following the build. If you're HC, of course you should prioritize life and defenses over damage (the creator of the guide could put some more in-depth info for the levelling part for both SC and HC, but it's unnecessary, IMO).

My character just got past Act 5 Kitava SSFHC (on the slowest pace of the universe because it's just my second HC character and I'm saving some energy for Incursion) and you just gotta actively dodge and know what you're doing/have good reflexes. Most enemies simply explode before they can do anything, and if you have good attack speed with Whirling Blades, it's a breeze. While I agree I did had some trouble with STR/INT requirements, you can always grab some of these stats on an amulet or one of those 30 STR/INT nodes(and if I managed to fix these stats on my SSF character, it will be 10 times easier on a trade league).
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
You gotta put some thought in the levelling process while following the build. If you're HC, of course you should prioritize life and defenses over damage (the creator of the guide could put some more in-depth info for the levelling part for both SC and HC, but it's unnecessary, IMO).

My character just got past Act 5 Kitava SSFHC (on the slowest pace of the universe because it's just my second HC character and I'm saving some energy for Incursion) and you just gotta actively dodge and know what you're doing/have good reflexes. Most enemies simply explode before they can do anything, and if you have good attack speed with Whirling Blades, it's a breeze. While I agree I did had some trouble with STR/INT requirements, you can always grab some of these stats on an amulet or one of those 30 STR/INT nodes(and if I managed to fix these stats on my SSF character, it will be 10 times easier on a trade league).

Yo, cool to hear youre making progress and that it works out for you :)

I actually agree with both of you in the end. I really rushed the levelling Part because I wanted the Guide out finally. Took some time to write that Post/record and upload videos/make graphics etc.
Even though I dont rate the levelling part high in priority, I know now that some people have problems with it, and it won't hurt bringing it up to par with the rest of the guide.

I recently added new levelling trees which take more Life in general and are accurate to the skillpoints you should have at that level if you did the quests.

That said, I also added a disclaimer that each and everyones levelling experience is different: I have no idea how much life you need, if you use levelling uniques, if you need stats on the gear, if you have some nice jewels, etc.
So just pick up what you need along the way. There are plenty stat nodes as well as literally every life cluster on the right side of the tree (+ the scion wheel which you can take whenever you want) along our pathing.

Later today I will post a gem and levelling unique progression part as well. Like: take this unique to level x, then that one, then make these gemswaps etc.

Just wondering if I can still fit it in and make it work to my Standards, given that I only have 4k letters left until the post is full.
Might have to put all those links through a shortener.

Also planning on include a short SSF disclaimer, as well as Gear/gem suggestions for endgame mapping in HC.

Best wishes, and keep in
Guffin
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 4:39:52 AM
Hi, interesting looking build and looking forward to the updates.

Quick question - might have missed it, but I couldn't see anything on suggested helm/etc enchants. I'd guess Blade Flurry damage or Blood Rage attack speed, or would a clearing skill AOE/damage buff be more overall utility?

Also, guessing Blade Flurry's the most important gem to get to 21/20 (though I suppose with the 3.3. Vaal gems providing normal skills, a 21/20 Vaal Reave will be nice to attempt) - anything unintuitive in priority after that?
"
Haasts wrote:
Hi, interesting looking build and looking forward to the updates.

Quick question - might have missed it, but I couldn't see anything on suggested helm/etc enchants. I'd guess Blade Flurry damage or Blood Rage attack speed, or would a clearing skill AOE/damage buff be more overall utility?

Also, guessing Blade Flurry's the most important gem to get to 21/20 (though I suppose with the 3.3. Vaal gems providing normal skills, a 21/20 Vaal Reave will be nice to attempt) - anything unintuitive in priority after that?

Actually missed doing the enchants, Ty for the Heads Up :D
Depends on what your PoB tells you, but either Bloodrage or Bladeflurry for ST and Reave Radius for clearing. Ice Golem effect might look nice, but he dies too often.

21/20 Vaal Reave won't be possible since we don't have Bestiary. So settle for 20/20.

Actually I'm concerned about the Vaal Skill changes, since you gain a Stack each time one of your swings hits and not per mob that is hit.

If I 6l my Vaal Reave right now in Bestiary, I just one shot evetything with 1 swing and get 1 or maybe 2 additional stacks.

Add on top of that the fact that Vaal Reave wont be able to be supported by Multistrike anymore, and every swing will be a lot more powerful, increasing the danger of one shotting mobs.

Personally I think I will keep my Vaal Reave seperate and unlinked, but we'll see how it works out. Maybe GGG brings some changes.
An additional Socket would provide space for either Vaal Grace/Haste or a Golem while mapping, which would be nice. Golem's die too often for my taste, and the Vaal Buffs can feel clunky without cast speed, so it's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out. Especially given that the character maps more than just fine as is.

Didnt include 21/20 options since that is a luxury mostly, Attack builds dont get too much from it. I will add a disclaimer at the end of the Gemlinks section about Priority for 21 gems and Quality tho.
For me BF 21/20 was the biggest increase, and generally it should be for everyone.
I will Check over it in PoB later today, but Conc Effect should be second. Idk about the Rest off the top of my head.

Thanks for taking interest and the suggestions mate, will get to it once I'm Home :)
Let me know if anything else comes to mind.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 8:21:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info