[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

hello nice build!do u think ur build is MF viable
Looks like a really fun build! I'm really tempted to try it out as my league starter for 3.3, but I have some concerns:

1) how does this build do on a minimal budget? what sort of tier maps would you expect to be able to clear with 100c budget for instance? If possible/you have the time, could you perhaps make an example PoB of the same build but a very budget version (e.g. 5L or tabula, no insane jewels/rings/amulet) just so I see how it compares? Alternatively, do you reckon you could hit 500k dps with <100c Investment?

2) Is this build Uber Lab viable? I'm currently playing a BV elementalist in flashback but I hate how I get one-shot by Izaro even with 5k life and MoM. I'm hoping not to have the same issues with the next build I play

3) would you personally recommend this build as a league starter? Or would you say it's best to play a meta league starter like a totems build or ED/contagion to get enough currency and then make this as a second character?
Last edited by MAlandM on May 19, 2018, 2:32:49 PM
"
mengliang99 wrote:
hello nice build!do u think ur build is MF viable

Sure, you can equip MF Gear like a quant amulet, Ventors, Goldwyrm etc. like on mnost other characters. How wouldn't it be able to be "MF viable"? You won't be farming T16s like that, but you can do shaped T10s/11s easily.
But if all you wanna do is play an MF build in mid tier maps, I recommend you to go for Qotf KB or preferably Windripper.

"
MAlandM wrote:
Looks like a really fun build! I'm really tempted to try it out as my league starter for 3.3, but I have some concerns:

1) how does this build do on a minimal budget? what sort of tier maps would you expect to be able to clear with 100c budget for instance? If possible/you have the time, could you perhaps make an example PoB of the same build but a very budget version (e.g. 5L or tabula, no insane jewels/rings/amulet) just so I see how it compares? Alternatively, do you reckon you could hit 500k dps with <100c Investment?

2) Is this build Uber Lab viable? I'm currently playing a BV elementalist in flashback but I hate how I get one-shot by Izaro even with 5k life and MoM. I'm hoping not to have the same issues with the next build I play

3) would you personally recommend this build as a league starter? Or would you say it's best to play a meta league starter like a totems build or ED/contagion to get enough currency and then make this as a second character?

1)
Up to T15s easily, T16s probably too. 500k DPS on what? On rares etc.? Easily. On Shaper it gets close to 100c with Blade Flurry on a 5l if you want some Life on your gear as well. Here's a quick PoB of a Lvl 90 Character with 1 to 3c Uniques and completely trash Rares I threw together: https://pastebin.com/pe2G8fv4
You can get much better rares and still stay within 100c, the ones I created are complete garbage. The only expensive part would be the 5l Belly which goes for 50 to 60c. If you decide to go with another random 5l Rare, you can hit waaaaay above 500k Shaper DPS with 100c.

2)
Yes. The Slayer Overleech keeps you topped off during Trap Sequences, and Blade Flurrys damage is insane so Izaro is no problem as long as you execute the mechanics. Full Acro+Phase Acro, coupled with Overleech and 2 defensive Flasks will keep you safe during the fight.
If you decide to farm Uber Lab, go grab a Brightbeak and a 3green Prismatic Eclipse in a weapon swap to Leapslam around the Lab at lightning speed.
Also bring 2 Life Flasks and the Ryslatha Minor Pantheon for your first Uber Lab Run. Just for Safety.

3)
Ye, I personally played it in Bestiary and will play it in Incursion as well. ED/Contagion requires nothing, but this one has the benefit of actually easily scaling into high tier maps on a low budget. You can easily push to T16s in the first few days and sell 15s/16s for a huge profit the first 2 weeks.
This build works well with little money and can be scaled to do all content. ED/Contagion Trickster works on a budget as well but hits a brick wall reaaaaally fast in it's progression.
Also, like Trickster, we aren't Uber Lab dependant. It only gives us some Skillpoints, but we get the build enabling things in Cruel and Merc Lab. So you aren't fucked if you can't get Trials in the early days.

Hope I could help you guys.
Best wishes, Guffin :)
Last edited by Guffinn on May 19, 2018, 7:35:40 PM
Thanks! Looks great, I think I'll go for the HC version first and respec into your SC version since I'm not a fan of how low the life is before you get all your passives and before belly of the beast. Excited to try it out in the new league. :)
so this is a little update after trying the build in bestiary, as prep for incursion:

lvl 77 right now, damage feels very good. survivability was a little rough in the beginning (tried no insane gear to keep it realistic for the new league), went to totally ok after taking the big life wheel and phase acro. still, im thinking about taking those nodes earlier instead of damage nodes for lvling.

biggest thing for me was taking vaal reave way too late (and some other stupid mistakes), it offers so much more comfort in clearing with reave.

will 100% play this as league starter, i like the playstyle a lot :) thanks again for the guide!

edit: doing t10 with lvl 77, maybe not really realistic in the first days of the new league, but it scales really well with every upgrade.
Last edited by viatrix_1115 on May 20, 2018, 6:03:17 AM
reserved
So I'm not sure if the creator of this guide has made this build per the leveling tree and guide. It's probably the lowest hit build I've ever done. There are also serious stat requirement issues that aren't covered (Str and Int).

I"m rocking: Carnage Heart, Praxis, Flesh-Eater, Moonbender, Tabula, Deceiver, Lochtonial, Wanderlust, etc. @ L48 hits are... 1,082.

Kitava in NORMAL will 1-shot kill you. Died 3 times (which has never, ever happened to me in Normal and I've done ~20 builds since 3.2 released).

This build as presented is NOT HC viable. Not sure why the author thinks it is... There simply aren't enough life nodes in the build tree while leveling.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on May 20, 2018, 12:47:37 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
So I'm not sure if the creator of this guide has made this build per the leveling tree and guide. It's probably the lowest hit build I've ever done. There are also serious stat requirement issues that aren't covered (Str and Int).

I"m rocking: Carnage Heart, Praxis, Flesh-Eater, Moonbender, Tabula, Deceiver, Lochtonial, Wanderlust, etc. @ L48 hits are... 1,082.

Kitava in NORMAL will 1-shot kill you. Died 3 times (which has never, ever happened to me in Normal and I've done ~20 builds since 3.2 released).

This build as presented is NOT HC viable. Not sure why the author thinks it is... There simply aren't enough life nodes in the build tree while leveling.

Ty for the input mate :)

I levelled Like this, and had 0 problems during the process.

As I said in the todo Post, I still need to look over the levelling trees. Its not finished at all.
The ones I finished in 5 minutes there are also for SC levelling. If you think you need more life, just grab it.
Also, I present an Endgame Build Here, and not a levelling Guide. I will make up some new trees this week.

btw, what do you mean with "lowest Hit"?

E: just checked your Gear and Tree. You barely picked and Life and there is plenty in reach, why don't you get it if you feel you are lacking? Also, maybe grab some gear with actual life on it.
Why do you use DoFL when you don't even have Slayer yet? You probably aren't always on Full Life.

I feel its completely unnecessary to make trees for Variants with more Life tho, as we can just pick more Life when we feel we need it. We legit got every single Life Cluster on the right Side of the tree in our pathing, as well as the gigantic Scion Area, so just grab it earlier if you need it.

Again, thanks for telling me the levelling trees are not optimal for you :)
I will look into it, but in all Honesty didn't expect to have to guide people through levelling at all.

Last edited by Guffinn on May 20, 2018, 1:17:34 PM
"
E: just checked your Gear and Tree. You barely picked and Life and there is plenty in reach, why don't you get it if you feel you are lacking? Also, maybe grab some gear with actual life on it.

Because I was following your build guide. Yes, I could have done my own and differed away from it, but I wanted to follow the guide you outlined... because you ... made a guide... And I need Carnage Heart to address the Int deficiency (so no life there), and Praxis to address the mana issues (no life there either). Yes, I could swap the boots and gloves out for better life, but even that would only give me ~1200 or so with the current nodes.

The current build guide as it stands simply does not work (esp. for HC). For example, I just got 1-shotted by the boss in the Act II Twilight Strand (the exploding spirit). And this is rocking BiS gear for this build type. As I also mentioned, there are serious issues with keeping up Int as well (and Str depending on items).

I have never, ever in my life died to the boss in A2TS. So yah, the leveling section of this build needs a complete overhaul/redux. My other characters on average have between 2k-2.5k health at this point (L48 or so).

I've taken other Sunder, Cyclone and Reave builds to end-game with 0-1 deaths (on average).

This build has potential, but it really needs a complete redesign to be player friendly relative to guiding the player through the leveling process without numerous deaths.

As it stands, I've already dismantled the character and walked away from it. It's just not worth the effort to correct the deficiencies in the guide relative to leveling when I can use other builds that level much smoother and are also solid at end-game.
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
"

Because I was following your build guide. Yes, I could have done my own and differed away from it, but I wanted to follow the guide you outlined... because you ... made a guide... And I need Carnage Heart to address the Int deficiency (so no life there), and Praxis to address the mana issues (no life there either). Yes, I could swap the boots and gloves out for better life, but even that would only give me ~1200 or so with the current nodes.

The current build guide as it stands simply does not work (esp. for HC). For example, I just got 1-shotted by the boss in the Act II Twilight Strand (the exploding spirit). And this is rocking BiS gear for this build type. As I also mentioned, there are serious issues with keeping up Int as well (and Str depending on items).

I have never, ever in my life died to the boss in A2TS. So yah, the leveling section of this build needs a complete overhaul/redux. My other characters on average have between 2k-2.5k health at this point (L48 or so).

I've taken other Sunder, Cyclone and Reave builds to end-game with 0-1 deaths (on average).

This build has potential, but it really needs a complete redesign to be player friendly relative to guiding the player through the leveling process without numerous deaths.

As it stands, I've already dismantled the character and walked away from it. It's just not worth the effort to correct the deficiencies in the guide relative to leveling when I can use other builds that level much smoother and are also solid at end-game.

Hm, If you say you can level a build without Problems why dont you apply the Same principles to this one? As you Said, you could Adapt your tree and Gear to make it work. I really dont get how you could See that the levelling tree is Bad, but dont make adjustments. I say time and time again that people should jusrt pick up whatever they think they need along the way. There are enough jewel sockets, life, etc. along the way and there is no clear cut tree for everyone.

But yeah, I get that the levelling section is not ideal. Then again, i dont think there is one needed at all like i said.

What I take offense in is "the build not working". It 's a well thought out guide for a straightforward and strong build that I and others have taken to complete all endgame content.

Just because your levelling experience sucks doesnt mean the build isbad, just that I should write some generic Tips into the levelling section that, like you said, you could've thought of on your own.

No bad Blood tho, might come off as being on Edge because i'm hungry as fuuuuuuck
Last edited by Guffinn on May 20, 2018, 7:34:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info