[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Haasts wrote:
Cheers, thanks for the replies! Hadn't thought about the potential downside of a linked Vaal Reave, and likewise re: gems levels for attack builds - I don't usually get away from ED/RF/mines & the like, but thought with potential changes to how off-hand stat-sticks will work after Incursion I should give an attack build a spin while the going's good :)

I'd thought about asking how claws compare to foils, as there are a lot of competing BF/Reave builds around, but then happened to stumble across this recent Reddit thread where you and someone else break it down - thought I'd link it before it disappears into the Reddit void (maybe it could be linked in the FAQ to save space in your posts?).

I haven't heard yet what Chris said in that Baeclast episode about Dual Wielding/Statsticks. That said, I heard it isn't getting nerfed for 3.3 so we're safe.
And in the end, shaped statsticks really need a nerf. They are so vastly OP, it's not even funny :D If the concept of "Stat Stick" still works, which it should, we could just go back to Moonbender's Wing tho. Bladeflurry was already insane before Shaped Statsticks with Moonbender's and 90% Ele Conversion, and it would continue to be.
Idk if Dual Wielding needs to be brought down a notch, or if 2H Builds should be buffed a bit. The introduction of Shaped Statsticks exaggerated the issue, but even before that 2H builds were behind Dual Wielding. Not by far, but they were behind.

On the Claw vs Foils issue, for anyone that doesn't want to check a reddit convo with 4 subtalks and 10 Edits per post, here is a TLDR:
Foils have a tree that puts them at the same/almost the same damage as Claws for our Build. That Said, Claws offer more Utility and Survivability. The Life gain on Hit implicit is insanely strong, and the Claw Nodes offer Free Mana and Life Leech as well as %increased Life Leech per second, which is great for Survivability and builds perfectly into our Ascendancy.
With foils you can reach the same damage, but have less survivability and actually need to take a Mana Leech Node. So Claws are the clear winner, at least for our build.
I will add something like this to the gear section.

Lastly, I will add some Ascendancy Discussion somewhere. Champion, Jugg, and Ascendant are the big Reave/BF Ascendancies, tho in my mind Ascendant comes out comfortably ahead overall.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 23, 2018, 8:50:27 AM
Since we only need lvl 1 frost bomb and orb of storms, what about ancestral proctector
"
On the Claw vs Foils issue, for anyone that doesn't want to check a reddit convo with 4 subtalks and 10 Edits per post, here is a TLDR:
Foils have a tree that puts them at the same/almost the same damage as Claws for our Build. That Said, Claws offer more Utility and Survivability. The Life gain on Hit implicit is insanely strong, and the Claw Nodes offer Free Mana and Life Leech as well as %increased Life Leech per second, which is great for Survivability and builds perfectly into our Ascendancy.
With foils you can reach the same damage, but have less survivability and actually need to take a Mana Leech Node. So Claws are the clear winner, at least for our build.
I will add something like this to the gear section.

Lastly, I will add some Ascendancy Discussion somewhere. Champion, Jugg, and Ascendant are the big Reave/BF Ascendancies, tho in my mind Ascendant comes out comfortably ahead overall.

Is there a winner for which ascendancy/weapon choice is best on a budget or as a league starter? I'm a bit concerned since a few think this build struggles to get all the necessary stats (INT and STR) while levelling as well as the necessary life modes. I'll definitely try it out at some point in 3.3, but idk if it's wise to try it out immediately.
Thanks for taking interest in this build :)

"
MAlandM wrote:
I'm a bit concerned since a few think this build struggles to get all the necessary stats (INT and STR) while levelling as well as the necessary life modes. I'll definitely try it out at some point in 3.3, but idk if it's wise to try it out immediately.

That's simply not true, and if you read that you'll also have read what I posted :P

People were following the completely rushed out levelling trees I provided, which didn't have enough Life. Immediately after I saw that, I updated the trees to improve the Life situation.
That said, I added a disclaimer to the levelling section: idk how your current state is, but there is literally everything in reach that you could need. You can take the biggest life cluster in the game at any point you want, and your pathing takes you along all the life clusters on the right Side of the tree.
Strength is only a struggle if you try to Level your Ancestral Protector to 20, which you don't wanna do and I also stated that in the Guide.
With everything relevant levelled, you need 110 INT in the endgame. With the SC tree we get 70 from the tree, which means you need only 40 from gear. People tried levelling their Frostbombs or Orb of Storms which, again, is not useful in any way and I since stated that in the guide.
If you can't be bothered fixing your INT with proper rares until endgame, you can just take 1 of the +30 INT nodes that are available without travelling.

"
MAlandM wrote:
Is there a winner for which ascendancy/weapon choice is best on a budget or as a league starter?

They're all pretty close, given the same investment.
Jugg will struggle with damage early on without good gear, which is super expensive. Tanky though.
Champion has a more damage than even Ascendant (if he has his uber lab), but lacks in speed and survivability comparatively. Generally Champ carries bad gear heavily tho, so you will be stronger as a league starter which evens out later. Squishy tho.
Ascendant has crazy damage and better clear speed, while also being incredibly survivable.
Another advantage is, that it is completely Uber Lab undependant so you have a complete build once you are finished with the Acts.

I started with in Bestiary, played it as my only character, and never ran into any problems whatsoever. And I doubt anyone else will.

Hope I could help, and have a nice day mate :)
Last edited by Guffinn on May 26, 2018, 8:15:08 PM
Hey, Dntsy! First of all I have to thank you for your great guide. For better or for worse I actually chose to use your guide to level my first real character in PoE. Over the years, I've leveled to like level 30 several times and just quit at some point, but this time I decided to stick to it.

Had to figure some stuff on the way, leveling was sometimes easy and other times I was getting oneshot too much, in the end I decided to invest in some of those resist/life nodes just days before you made changes to the leveling section :P After that everything was pretty smooth, even tho I'm still in the process of figuring gearing out.

Anyways, for now mapping is very smooth and easy (I'm filling my atlas and running tier 7-8 maps atm), but I can't seem to figure out how to complete Uber lab. I know you say It's not very important and I probably need more life and tank stats for an easier experience, but it triggers my PTSD that I can't complete my ascention.
And the reason for that is the lack of regen and our reliance on leech and our flask choice. I can breeze through the lab itself if I use several life flasks, but then I feel like I really rely on my defensive flasks to fight Izaro. But the problem is that if I bring two sets of flasks, often I can't refill my defensive flasks because there are very little mobs and a road of traps leading to the door to Izaro. If I get hit by a trap without something to leech off around and I have no health flasks, I'm basically dead.
Am I missing something here? Can you give aome advice on a proper setup to complete the damn lab? Would really appreciate that! And sorry if my questions are silly - I'm still very new to the game :P

Oh, and sorry for the wall of text!
Last edited by gottypro on May 23, 2018, 7:44:31 PM
"
Reumert wrote:
Since we only need lvl 1 frost bomb and orb of storms, what about ancestral proctector

AP around 12 or so. Just as high as you can comfortably get him.
"
gottypro wrote:
Hey, Dntsy! First of all I have to thank you for your great guide. For better or for worse I actually chose to use your guide to level my first real character in PoE. Over the years, I've leveled to like level 30 several times and just quit at some point, but this time I decided to stick to it.

Had to figure some stuff on the way, leveling was sometimes easy and other times I was getting oneshot too much, in the end I decided to invest in some of those resist/life nodes just days before you made changes to the leveling section :P After that everything was pretty smooth, even tho I'm still in the process of figuring gearing out.

Anyways, for now mapping is very smooth and easy (I'm filling my atlas and running tier 7-8 maps atm), but I can't seem to figure out how to complete Uber lab. I know you say It's not very important and I probably need more life and tank stats for an easier experience, but it triggers my PTSD that I can't complete my ascention.
And the reason for that is the lack of regen and our reliance on leech and our flask choice. I can breeze through the lab itself if I use several life flasks, but then I feel like I really rely on my defensive flasks to fight Izaro. But the problem is that if I bring two sets of flasks, often I can't refill my defensive flasks because there are very little mobs and a road of traps leading to the door to Izaro. If I get hit by a trap without something to leech off around and I have no health flasks, I'm basically dead.
Am I missing something here? Can you give aome advice on a proper setup to complete the damn lab? Would really appreciate that! And sorry if my questions are silly - I'm still very new to the game :P

Oh, and sorry for the wall of text!

Hey mate, ty for putting your trust into this guide and sry for the inconvenience of the early levelling trees :)
Cool to hear that your mapping experience is smooth, and that you actually solved your problems with thinking tho :D

I have Uberlab Tips on my todo list, I just couldn't be bothered to write too much these past 2 days.
Make sure that you grab 2 Life flasks, one should be instant. The trap sequences aren't bad for us, as long as you kill a pack of mobs before. That way your Overleech will keep you safe. If that fails, you have your Life Flaks.
As for your 2 other Flasks, I would go with a Basalt + Diamond or Atziri's. Make sure you have Bleed and Freze removal somewhere, can get that on Life Flasks as well. If you have the money, you can grab a Blood of the Karui, which is just an Insane Life Flask basically.
Make sure to take Arakaali and Ryslatha Pantheons into Lab. Arakaali for the increased Leech after Immortal Call (upgrade it to Level 2) and Ryslatha for passive Life Flask refills (upgraded it results in stronger Life Flasks when on low life).

All that said, Uber Lab is something you really need to get used to. For someone that has never done it, that will take a while. Familiarize yourself with Izaros Mechanics and the Traps. For your first run, just go straight for the Izaro fights and ignore everything except Darkshrines (which can give you nice Buffs like 100% crit or insane attack/movespeed). You can see the fastest routes every day on http://www.poelab.com/.

Here is a great general Lab Guide if you want to learn a bit more about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGWvIjUw2E4
If you ever get tired of trying and really want your Uber, you can always pay someone to carry you. Tho it is not as fullfilling when you finally beat Izaro and ascend that way :D

Your Gear and Tree looks really solid mate! Try to get more life on your right Ring and Amulet tho, and replace the Belt with a rare one. You can get a LOT more Life and Res there with a rare one. Currently it provides next to no damage for you, as you intimidate enemeis with your Tombfist anyways.
E: just saw you have a Hypnotic Eye socketed. You should socket a Murderous Eye to free up your Belt.
As for the passives, go for the rest of the Claw Nodes and the Scion Life wheel for now.
You should also really have a high level Blood Rage outside of your CWDT Setup somewhere. its only in these links because it helps keep it up, but you should get a seperate one to cast yourself. Reaaaaaally get that.

Cool to see you getting into PoE for real, and even better to see you do it using my build :D

Last edited by Guffinn on May 23, 2018, 8:25:38 PM
Hey man. Thanks for the guide. I really appreciate the work build makers put into these threads, and yours is right up there.

I have two questions.

Firstly, does the build feel awkward before you stack a bunch of accuracy on gear? Is this an issue in your eyes?

My second question isn't necessarily specific to this build. But with your experience of creating a top tier bossing build as a league starter; what's your personal method of atlas management? Is it generally best to just rush towards shaper and uber elder as fast as possible and clear all maps necessary? Do you go for 157/157 or are you farming certain maps?

Thanks again.
"
Akbir wrote:
Hey man. Thanks for the guide. I really appreciate the work build makers put into these threads, and yours is right up there.

I have two questions.

Firstly, does the build feel awkward before you stack a bunch of accuracy on gear? Is this an issue in your eyes?

My second question isn't necessarily specific to this build. But with your experience of creating a top tier bossing build as a league starter; what's your personal method of atlas management? Is it generally best to just rush towards shaper and uber elder as fast as possible and clear all maps necessary? Do you go for 157/157 or are you farming certain maps?

Thanks again.

Accuracy is low for us, that's true. We don't scale it from the passive tree, but there is a 3 point Cluster in reach if you think you really need it.
I invested into it on both Rings and an Abyss Jewel and got to 92% with an Ice Golem up.
That said, I did my first Uber Elder at around 88% or so. I never really felt Hits whiff, neither while mapping nor while Bossing.

In the end getting Accuracy somewhere is really recommended tho, even if it doesn't feel bad without it it is still a meaningful DPS upgrade. 88% is super easy to reach and feels decent already.

As for the early progression method: this build has the comfort of mapping quick as well as killing bosses reliably on a budget. So I pushed into T15/16 maps as fast as I could and sold them for a hefty sum. High tier maps go for shit tons at the start of the league. When you're running these, also make sure to run any high tier Shaper/Elder influenced Maps you come across. High ilvl Shelder Bases go for crazy amounts in the first 2 weeks.

Besides that, I went for 157/157 this league. For Profit I just farmed high tier maps and sold Uber Elder Items etc. Sometimes I parked my Uber Elder and never touched him, so that I could farm influenced T16 maps for high bases.

Next league I will do the same starting strategy, but transition into a Shaped/Eldered Farm at some point. Just wanna get my Elder Orb/Zana Questline done quick.

Ty for the kind words btw :)
Last edited by Guffinn on May 24, 2018, 10:03:24 AM
How do you deal with stun?

I feel if the monsters hit me i get stun locked and cant using whirling blades out, and die

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info