[3.3] Dark Pact-Skeletons Assassin ft. Gloomfang (Cast on Crit and Poet's Pen) [Shaper video]

"
Poor_Exile wrote:
Hello everyone,
First thanks for the good written guide and the build.
I just started to follow the guide and I have few practical questions:

1. As from 3.0 they reduce the number of summoned skeles to 1, and this mean that with 4aps (PP limit) you can summon 4 skelis and cast 4 times DP. And till the third cast you are waisting the chain.
first - 1 skeli - DP - no chain
second - 2 skeles - DP - 2 chain
third - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
forth - 4 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
In total you have 1+3+4+4 = 12 hits (hits+chains) per second.

If we use From dust jewel allowing us to cast 3 skeles at the time and increasing the cooldown with 1 second the math will be:

first - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
second - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
third - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
forth - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
In total you have 4+4+4+4 = 16 hits (hits+chains) per second.

The downside is that for 1 sec you deal damage only on specific area.
the other option is the enchant: 40% chance to Summon an additional Skeleton Warrior with Summon Skeleton
I think is better than DP enchant.
What do you think about?

2. The effectiveness of the CoC setup.
I know that this setup is for additional damage only but without accuracy on the tree your crits are very inconsistent. Is it really deserves the investment of 6l?

And small tip for levelling for everyone:
Sins we don't need Empower when levelling, I placed Warlord's Mark in the PP - helps a lot.

Best Regards,
Poor_Exile

Thanks for the positive feedback - to address your questions:

1. There is indeed a 1-second ramp up before you have enough Skeletons out to max your chains. The chains themselves take time to get flowing as well so after a few seconds there are a lot of Dark Pact chains bouncing around. After the first second though you stay ramped up until you stop casting, so I decided not to use the From Dust jewel.

You really only feel the ramp up in longer boss encounters, where as a Chaos build you tend to always have ramp up time anyways (Wither stacks, etc.) so I decided not to use the jewel.

2. Yeah I wouldn't use the CoC setup unless you have at least 75% accuracy and that's on the low end. It is indeed just extra damage on top of a build that already has a high dmg ceiling - so to each is own. Without adequate accuracy, or for any other reason (HC) I would just run a utility setup (LGoH, CoH, Blind, whatever you want). How you use your 6L is very flexible. I built this in SC so I worried less about MoM/Utility.

Hope this helps and enjoy the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info