[3.3] Dark Pact-Skeletons Assassin ft. Gloomfang (Cast on Crit and Poet's Pen) [Shaper video]

"
Nethicite wrote:
"
anomz wrote:
"
Nethicite wrote:
Yo your build has had me intrigued for some time now.
I was wondering if you had ideas on how to make him more viable. If we reduce the amount of dps by for example removing Gloomfang - maybe finding an alternative - etc, will it still be worth it? Let's say we keep Gloomfang, with the frenzy projectiles, we take life leech nodes and slayer/assassin, will it be sustainable? Or dumb? (Sorry, new to the theorycrafting thing, all i know is how to copy builds into pastebin and do guesswork)

edit: Budget option for the gloves i suppose Doedre's gloves, the cast speed shouldn't affect us too bad. I replaced gloomfangi n favor of Impresence, dont know if thats viable. It's also much cheaper than it used to be. A rare spell damage ammy might be better.

I don't think the leech nodes approach will work because Frenzy is just there to trigger the spells and apply Warlord's Mark on hit - it does little to no damage itself so it won't give us meaningful leech.

We get solid leech from two sources: Warlord's Mark (on hit, from ring) and 0.5% Chaos damage leech from the Gloomfang. Since the build is 100% chaos damage it's basically like having flat 2.5% leech which is pretty good.

IMO the best way to add defense to this build is to spec into Mind over Matter. I used it for a while myself (explained in more detail in the guide). Since Aspect of the Spider is gone in 3.3 we could just drop Blasphemy/Despair and open up our entire mana pool. Spec into mana a bit so the ratio is correct and use it for eHP along with a Clear Mind jewel for some free spell damage.

This means dropping Despair but since curse effectiveness is so weak on bosses it might be worth the DPS loss for the eHP. This also means we won't need a "+1 curse" corrupted Gloomfang (making the build even cheaper!).

At some point I will PoB this and add it to the guide because I think that's probably a more well-rounded version of the build.

EDIT: Also meant to mention, you can also drop a support gem in your 6L and use Life Gain on Hit support for some added sustain. This can also be expanded on by using a LGOH Watcher's Eye jewel - with Aspect of the Spider gone we certainly have the mana to do it but this is a very expensive option.

EDIT 2: Okay I quickly whipped up a PoB that applies what I explained above. Gets the build to about 7k eHP with a sacrifice of ~12% dps. Keep in mind my gear isn't very good - I should put together an "ideal PoB" one day because this build's damage has so much potential...

Mind over Matter PoB

Dope. Hope to see you manage to push the build further. https://i.imgur.com/sdjAJrO.gif
Thinking of ways on how to push it to T15s/16s and bossing. Probably a BIT too squishy without standard GG gear for Elder.

EDIT : Hey hey, if you have a spare socket for VRF why no slot that in for an easy extra boost to spell damage?
EDIT EDIT: Also won't the inclusion of MoM require you to slot in a mana flask?

In order of appearance:

- The build easily has the damage for Uber Elder. I just don't think it's tanky enough. I crushed Shaper and T15/T16 easily in 3.2 with pretty subpar gear. I think the theorycraft you and I discussed above will help its defense and allow for more "relaxed" play overall.

- VRF is a good idea. I haven't been able to play much 3.3 so I haven't tried any of the new Vaal stuff on the build!

- Mana flask won't be needed because Warlord's Mark gives 2% mana leech.

Last edited by anomz on Jun 24, 2018, 10:04:53 PM
Thanks. Man, six linking the cherrubim gonna be hard. Ive yet to six anything ever.
Any pantheon recommendations that help aid the build?

EDIT:
Also, what do you think of those minion-centric abyssal jewels? I was thinking +max life, +% minion life and stuff like minions hinder on hit and or 1 resistance boost.

Or is it better to focus on rare jewels with your own life and resists?
Last edited by Nethicite on Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:28 AM
"
Nethicite wrote:
Thanks. Man, six linking the cherrubim gonna be hard. Ive yet to six anything ever.
Any pantheon recommendations that help aid the build?

EDIT:
Also, what do you think of those minion-centric abyssal jewels? I was thinking +max life, +% minion life and stuff like minions hinder on hit and or 1 resistance boost.

Or is it better to focus on rare jewels with your own life and resists?

For Pantheon I just kind of swapped around based on situation (mapping vs. bossing, etc.). The minor that gives damage reduction for standing still is pretty good since you are standing still to do your damage with this build.

My jewels were bad because I needed to patch up gaps in my resists. I would prioritize minion life (damage) and % life (your own life pool) first. If this means you happen to use some abyss jewels then that's all good. I wouldn't worry about anything else minion-related since the Skeletons are just there to be sacrificed. They will be constantly replaced by subsequent casts of the spell anyways.

Crit multi is probably the best third jewel affix (will give the most damage), followed by other good damage stats such as spell damage, chaos damage, and area damage.
At this point in the league I have some significant currency to throw around.

What are your thoughts on throwing a bunch of currency at this and going for Zerphi's Heart. You lose the bonuses of Gloomfang, but with the crits we are putting out, there would be quite a few status ailments flowing around. Are our stats too low to use something like that? Is the DPS boost, if there even is one, worth it?

Thanks for posting a cool build like this btw.
I've been running the MoM variant of your build, and been struggling a little. Partly is that i don't have capped resists, and probably bad jewels to boot. You mind looking at it? Ignore the magic abyss jewel in the top socket of the tree i have, i just slotted that in to ensure i can use one of the pieces of gear after i swapped out from a stat amulet to the Gloomfang. I also notice my crit chance is like terribly low, like 11% ish with the Frenzy. Is this bad? Should i be looking for that on my jewels too?

So my problem is that if i get caught out of place once in some maps, i get my mana pool blapped, which means no flame dash, no frenzy to trigger the only source of mana sustain outside of regen stacking. I've always struggled on MoM builds because of this. To be fair though, the biggest example i have of this involved me trying to tackle a T11 rare Primordial Pool map at like level 75 or so. Maybe i was jumping the gun. I was thinking of taking up Eldritch Battery so i can afford taking clarity and perhaps something like Arctic armor and grace to boost defensiveness, is that stupid?

In the process of finding a decent CDR belt.
"
Nethicite wrote:
I've been running the MoM variant of your build, and been struggling a little. Partly is that i don't have capped resists, and probably bad jewels to boot. You mind looking at it? Ignore the magic abyss jewel in the top socket of the tree i have, i just slotted that in to ensure i can use one of the pieces of gear after i swapped out from a stat amulet to the Gloomfang. I also notice my crit chance is like terribly low, like 11% ish with the Frenzy. Is this bad? Should i be looking for that on my jewels too?

So my problem is that if i get caught out of place once in some maps, i get my mana pool blapped, which means no flame dash, no frenzy to trigger the only source of mana sustain outside of regen stacking. I've always struggled on MoM builds because of this. To be fair though, the biggest example i have of this involved me trying to tackle a T11 rare Primordial Pool map at like level 75 or so. Maybe i was jumping the gun. I was thinking of taking up Eldritch Battery so i can afford taking clarity and perhaps something like Arctic armor and grace to boost defensiveness, is that stupid?

In the process of finding a decent CDR belt.

I extracted your character into PoB so I could take a closer look. Not sure if it's accurate but it shows 3900 life for me. MoM only diverts 30% of incoming damage to your mana, so with that low of a life pool and uncapped resists, you are just guaranteed to take deaths in red tier maps.

One thing to keep in mind with Poet's Pen is that even if you have no mana, you will perform a basic attack instead of Frenzy which will continue trigger your spells (which will in turn restart your mana leech). You should be able to continue to cast through a situation where a large hit depletes your mana pool.

In addition to building a bigger life pool and capping your resists, you could drop the CoC setup for now and run defensive utility on your Frenzy: Life Gain on Hit, Curse on Hit + Enfeeble (granted this would require you acquiring a +1 curse corrupted Gloomfang).

This is probably the way to go until you finish the tree and complete uber lab (a huge crit chance boost). 11% crit chance is indeed low but finishing out the tree/ascendancy will help fix that. For reference I checked my own PoB and with diamond flask active Frenzy is at ~57%.

Arctic armour is not a waste - another good defensive option for non-MoM since Aspect of the Spider is no longer in the game.

I think that covers all of your questions - good luck!
"
Chirijaden_ wrote:
At this point in the league I have some significant currency to throw around.

What are your thoughts on throwing a bunch of currency at this and going for Zerphi's Heart. You lose the bonuses of Gloomfang, but with the crits we are putting out, there would be quite a few status ailments flowing around. Are our stats too low to use something like that? Is the DPS boost, if there even is one, worth it?

Thanks for posting a cool build like this btw.

I don't really know how to deep-dive this and compare the amulets in PoB (it doesn't seem to fully support either item yet - for example, equipping Gloomfang doesn't impact DPS in PoB). But going from 4 hits per DP cast to 3 will be a flat 25% DPS loss. Whether or not Zerphi's can make up that difference I just don't know...

That being said I would say DPS is the build's strong point. It can reach great DPS on a medium budget and has a very high ceiling with a high budget. The reason for this being that it scales a lot from its "% life" mechanic.

I would be excited to see what someone like you could achieve with currency to invest - as you can see in the guide, my gear was solid but nowhere near min-maxed (only lvl 3 empower, trash jewels, etc.).
Hi, i enjoy this build and follow this atm.
Which gem can i put instead empower level 4 (hard to get it :) ).
An empower level 3 dont works ?
Ps : i got my 6L cherrubim's in 2 fuse yahooooooooo :)
"
Miraclis wrote:
Hi, i enjoy this build and follow this atm.
Which gem can i put instead empower level 4 (hard to get it :) ).
An empower level 3 dont works ?
Ps : i got my 6L cherrubim's in 2 fuse yahooooooooo :)

You can just use Empower level 3 instead - that is what I used as well. In my Shaper video I was using Empower level 2 - lol!

Congrats on the quick 6L Cherrubim's!
How important is the minion life on gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info