[3.3] Dark Pact-Skeletons Assassin ft. Gloomfang (Cast on Crit and Poet's Pen) [Shaper video]

"
anomz wrote:
"
Miraclis wrote:
Hi, i enjoy this build and follow this atm.
Which gem can i put instead empower level 4 (hard to get it :) ).
An empower level 3 dont works ?
Ps : i got my 6L cherrubim's in 2 fuse yahooooooooo :)

You can just use Empower level 3 instead - that is what I used as well. In my Shaper video I was using Empower level 2 - lol!

Congrats on the quick 6L Cherrubim's!

Thank you for answering :)
I will do this way.
how does this build generate power charges!!
"
manabomb23 wrote:
how does this build generate power charges!!

Assassin ascendancy node Unstable Infusion.
If you can only get a 5l Cherrubim, which links do you use then?
"
ProleJarle wrote:
If you can only get a 5l Cherrubim, which links do you use then?

If doing an endgame CoC setup I would drop one of the supports - preferably Concentrated Effect but you can let socket colours decide that for you if need be.

If running a utility setup you can drop Culling Strike, LGoH or a curse (if dual-cursing at that point).

"
lucastb wrote:
How important is the minion life on gear?

Sorry that I missed your question but better late than never I hope.

Minion life is important because the Dark Pact damage scales from the total HP of the Skeletons. There aren't many ways to scale Chaos damage in the game today, so minion life is really what gives this build insane damage.

In Path of Building, once you select Dark Pact as a skill, the configuration tab gives you an option to enter your Skeleton life. You can get that from PoB as well by selecting the Skeleton skill. If you open up my PoB and just play around with the Skeleton life you will see just how much damage we lose as you lower the life - it's substantial!

That being said, with the minion life from the tree, minion life support in your Pen, and hopefully some minion life on jewels, you will still do great damage without any minion life on gear.

Mathil is playing an Occultist version of the build right now so the items are now quite expensive, particularly Gloomfangs with good corruptions. Hopefully by next league the spotlight will be off Dark Pact again!
is this still working in 3.3? the gloves isnt available now any alternatives ? or like update about
"
is this still working in 3.3? the gloves isnt available now any alternatives ? or like update about

Yeah there's an update at the top. I would just use nice rare gloves, or something like maligaro's. Very flexible slot now and can be a help with resists, etc.

You could free up all or nearly all mana now and go MoM - or invest the Aspect mana into Arctic Armour instead - up to you.
Hello everyone,
First thanks for the good written guide and the build.
I just started to follow the guide and I have few practical questions:

1. As from 3.0 they reduce the number of summoned skeles to 1, and this mean that with 4aps (PP limit) you can summon 4 skelis and cast 4 times DP. And till the third cast you are waisting the chain.
first - 1 skeli - DP - no chain
second - 2 skeles - DP - 2 chain
third - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
forth - 4 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
In total you have 1+3+4+4 = 12 hits (hits+chains) per second.

If we use From dust jewel allowing us to cast 3 skeles at the time and increasing the cooldown with 1 second the math will be:

first - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
second - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
third - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
forth - 3 skeles - DP - 3 chains (max)
In total you have 4+4+4+4 = 16 hits (hits+chains) per second.

The downside is that for 1 sec you deal damage only on specific area.
the other option is the enchant: 40% chance to Summon an additional Skeleton Warrior with Summon Skeleton
I think is better than DP enchant.
What do you think about?

2. The effectiveness of the CoC setup.
I know that this setup is for additional damage only but without accuracy on the tree your crits are very inconsistent. Is it really deserves the investment of 6l?

And small tip for levelling for everyone:
Sins we don't need Empower when levelling, I placed Warlord's Mark in the PP - helps a lot.

Best Regards,
Poor_Exile
Poor_Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info