Skill Revamps - Part 5

"
Lothorienn wrote:
Skill become popular,
nerf into the ground making it unplayable,
overbuff it back up in 2 years so the meta doesn't get stale,
repeat

As much a fan as I am of the buffs, I agree, incinerate really did get overbuffed. Do the math people.... its release explosion is now stronger than flameblast.... no single spell should ever be able to hit harder than a fully charged flameblast, but incinerate not only does so, but it also takes 0.4 fewer seconds to charge to that point....
Im not very good at POE but im going to propose a change of a skill i would like to be usable in a different way.

Blade Flurry :

So my issue with Blade Flurry right now is the single target is godly but the clear-speed is very trashy.

I will gladly take up to like a 50% damage nerf on this skill to improve its clear-speed viability.

Just an idea from someone who loves your game a lot.

Glhf all ~

Not hating, just loving constructively !
"
Im not very good at POE but im going to propose a change of a skill i would like to be usable in a different way.

Blade Flurry :

So my issue with Blade Flurry right now is the single target is godly but the clear-speed is very trashy.

I will gladly take up to like a 50% damage nerf on this skill to improve its clear-speed viability.

Just an idea from someone who loves your game a lot.

Glhf all ~

Not hating, just loving constructively !

What are you doing? You switch on and off to another gem whenever you want to clear.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm hoping groundslam is viable, at least as strong as heavy strike without the threshold jewels.
nice rework!
Bit late with this comment, but uhm; fireball buff means it now does more damage than flame surge with the more multiplier active against burning enemies AND fireball can ignite as well AND has treshold jewel for for better aoe.

Flame surge wasn't good to begin with cause of the downside/condition to the skill, the mana cost and the aoe. Now it lost it's only advantage by being outscaled by fireball. Can it get changed to be relevant as well? I really like it's sound effect and visual when beyond mobs use it.
The dmg new ignites dishes out looks way to over-the-top. I mean pressing a button for 1s then releasing it and high hp bosses burn down to a crisp... really?

I don't even want to think about PvP. Scorching Ray is already nuts enough to play against, don't even want to imagine what the new Incinerate can do :( (I know the game isn't laid out for PvP yeah yeah...)

Also @GGG: can you plz give ailment scaling to Facebreakers? You can't even play any Damage over Time builds with them becuase you basically have "no weapon damage" although the Facebreakers and flat physical damage should provide it...

And please make everything blockable. You invest into block (either your life or your damage sucks then), just to realize Volatile Dead spam and some other skills/effects instantly vaporize you because they cannot be blocked^^
Blocking seems to be really bad in this game :(
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Very nice work for incinerate , the new flame visual is so great !

Please update fireball visual confort aswell !
Last edited by Elf_97 on May 10, 2018, 4:21:03 AM
WHile visual appearance for new Incinerate is just breath-taking,I don't like it will have 5% critical strike chance.Current Incinerate is unique among spells so it does not crit and therefore there is cool interaction between it and Romira's Banquet possible,and perhaps others I'm not aware of.
This change will throw Incinerate into "get as much crit chance + crit multi as you can" bucket,losing its uniqueness.
3.3.0 has the potential to be PoE's greatest patch, ever since Ascendancy became a thing... I really hope that all these changes will make this game great again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info