Skill Revamps - Part 5

will totems release incinerate at 8 stacks?
"
Marikhen wrote:
I think that I'm safe in writing off Incinerate as a skill that interests me now.

The current version needs some work; there's no arguing that. However that work could have been something along the lines of reversing the pierce/fork/chain mechanics for Incinerate so that forking and chaining were applicable to Incinerate.

Instead it's now a clone of Blight and Lightning Tendrils for all practical purposes, and without the debuffs from Blight or Scorching Ray it has zero uniqueness and adds nothing new to the game. Worse still by removing the combination of channeling and hit mechanics it leaves Storm Burst as the only skill usable in that niche, and from my experience a few leagues ago with Storm Burst that means that anyone who wants to mix projectiles/on-hit/channeled gameplay and have fun with it is up the runny brown river without a brochure much less a paddle.

Old skills getting attention instead of being left to rot is something that should always be encouraged, but for all that the changes might result in a more "viable" skill it doesn't always mean that the skill will be more "fun" as is the case here. No Sire of Shards, no Cybil's Paw, no Ngamahu's Sign, and no more being rewarded for really thinking outside of the box because Incinerate is now in the same box as Blight, Scorching Ray, and Lightning Tendrils. Oh, and Blade Flurry as well it seems. :-/

I think you're missing some really important information. Incinerate is not becoming a degen and therefore should still work just fine with cybil's paw and ngamahu's sign. I'm not overly familiar with lightning tendril's mechanics other than it is not channeled, but cast repeatedly very quickly, I also see no reason why it wouldn't work with cybil's paw.

@Xelloskaczor I really hope not. Incinerate is still going to be a fast multi-hit skill, while it might be okay to kind of pulse the final wave for an ignite focused build, getting all the way up to 8 stacks and then releasing is going to kill it's aoe and damage. Might not matter against trash since they're likely dead anyway, but it will be bad against bosses. Could still be okay to see the mechanic though when totems stop channeling or are resummoned.
Damn, I really liked the old vaal righteous fire. It was so awesome to go BOOM!!! Now nothing does that anymore. We need a suicide skill.
Could use some usability changes to ball lightning and other lightning skills. thier damage or function is a little wonky on all the lightning skills. deffinitely could use a rework. You never see a lightning skill league starter its all melee totems, fire skills and necromancer stuff.
Awsome !!!
can't wait to get more info Bex!!! we need spoilersssssssss ;)
make Ground Slam work while unarmed please skill fit so much for unarmed!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info