Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Darn :(

I enjoyed beastiary, and I loved the creativity of the unique items.
The yellow and red creatures were fun.
The extra challenge was fun.
The crafting options were great, even for those of us who don't play SSF.
Overall, this is a real pity IMO :( :( :(

I feel the mistakes at the beginning poisoned many players against Beastiary.
But the content now, fixed in the flashback league, is awesome!

Beastiary works brilliantly as long as it's optional!!! This means the content that's in Flashback feels good, and I firmly believe it would feel good if it was retained.

Very sad to see it go, though I do understand the reasons.

The unique items though ... they were awesomely creative. The aspects really need to stay in the game.
Last edited by Wuffell on May 7, 2018, 9:14:03 PM
Well, gotta get one of each of the sets then... better up my farming game now.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Qarl wrote:
we spent a lot of time improving the league after its release

You sure about that?
Overall, good call removing Bestiary and its janky mechanics. However, the new uniques with their 3D art and the cool auras will be missed. I also like having additional unique bosses to fight so hopefully the new league brings in some more endgame battles for us to conquer.
Good riddance
Saved
good decision.
Hard call it must have been, but i think its the right call. keep it up GGG
nice
I'm kinda sad, I thought it was really cool after the 2 week patches.

On the other hand, please DO REMEMBER to un-nerf the unique map div card drops !! ;)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
really? not even gonna bring it back later in a more polished version?

well congratulations to all the drooling retards crying for removal of content they dont even have to use, after the destroying of Invasion league and the ripples caused in further league creation, this is the second time that this game design is stunted to such an extent (arguably a much worse case with total removal of such a large amount of crafting content that isnt even mandatory).
Very disappointed, but oh well, some Devs have the balls to stay with their vision and refine it, others not so much
the only point you get from me is that maintaining such a system and developing is indeed a hard task, but not really an excuse for complete removal with how much shit you have in the game that feels pretty much abandoned (good thing that we are finally getting some skills revisited, though I wonder how many will just be ignored once again. eh, we'll see)
You gave a loaf of your homemade bread to SSF/crafting hobos just to take it away cause the rich merchant did not like it.

In an ideal world this would stay and be refined, dark shrines would stay and be refined, Invasion bosses would say and be nerfed a bit but not be a total joke outside of a select few in some bad map mods. Well, its ok, Its not like this is the only time that the vision of the game has been sacrificed The game has long been changed into an unrecognizable shape from the original proposed idea. I think I will still be able to enjoy it, though I pity that I could not have a lot more fun with it, but at least im not at the point like so many alpha supporters where they left the game altogether cause this is not what they wanted (and I think they would likely hate bestiary even more).

I only hope this scare does not restrain your future league design too much, its good to see something different every once in a while.

PLEASE MAKE NEXT LEAGUE FUN AND SUCCESSFUL, OR ELSE... :p
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 7, 2018, 9:52:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info