Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
A variety of reasons fuelled this decision:

W̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶i̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶s̶t̶i̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶u̶t̶o̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶B̶e̶s̶t̶i̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶x̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶v̶a̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶h̶o̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶x̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶-̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶

Whiners;
Reddit
"
poeFan2 wrote:
"
we have decided not to retain any element of the league in the core game for now.

Damn it GGG. Bestiary was fun, stop giving in to the whiners, they are just vocal minority.

It was not a vocal minority and I guarantee GGG could see it in the statistics. GGG looks at gameplay numbers more than forums as they really do record everything in game.
I don't like capture Beast but I like all craft I make in SSF or SSFHC

just two thing please :

-Uber Lab Trial is so much RNG, with 1/2h playtime every day, you can doing an entire league without doing Uber Lab and with Ascendancy rework, we need all 8 point for character progression... DO SOMETHING PLEASE uber lab trial is free for standart league

-More chance to find map you don't have

RNG in character progression is NOT FUN
RNG in item and farming is FUN
If I remember correctly, it seems to me that you said at one point, players can purchace league, for a guild per exemple or just player, do you have news for this ?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Oh well. There was a lesson to be learned and it has apparently been learned. Painfully, no doubt, as most good lessons are.
what was the lesson tho? to not take risks ? Im sure AAA game, movie, consumer etc industries can can have a hearty laugh as to how painful it will be down the road, since they dont have to agonize over the decisions and just stick to 'what works best' and rake in money.

it's hilariously ironic as poe's inception in the first place was a huge risk.
I guess i'll just store my rarest pokemons in my pokeballs to keep them as a reminder of this amazing effort you put in this league. Keep it up!
Beastiary was a wonderfully creative league that had issues at the start but became a strong league later on.

I'm so dissapointed it recieved so much hate from the community and can only assume it will hurt future league design. I guess we are back to unloading arrows into a hole/portal/box until mobs die league design.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
"
poeFan2 wrote:
"
we have decided not to retain any element of the league in the core game for now.

Damn it GGG. Bestiary was fun, stop giving in to the whiners, they are just vocal minority.

It was not a vocal minority and I guarantee GGG could see it in the statistics. GGG looks at gameplay numbers more than forums as they really do record everything in game.

Exactly
Haha the price of bestiary items...Farrul Fur...forget about it lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I'll miss Einar. Having him be an optional Master would be cool. I'd like to see what he's on about for this End of the World thing. Although in Wraeclast, how would we tell if the world ended?

But from a cost-benefit perspective, I think this was the right choice. I'm sure it was a tough choice. But sometimes ideas that are cool on paper just don't pan out. Don't stop swinging for the fences!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info