Standart vs Leagues.

I remember the time I quit D3. When I realized every top tier build for a class is the same, same items, same runes, same skills, same paragons........no, not the game for me.

Similar thing with standard - when I realized how completely busted trade there is I vowed to never play it.
Why does everyone call it standart?
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I remember the time I quit D3. When I realized every top tier build for a class is the same, same items, same runes, same skills, same paragons........no, not the game for me.

Similar thing with standard - when I realized how completely busted trade there is I vowed to never play it.
That is absolutely not true. Standard in for long runners. Only here you can make incredibly interesting mechanics and builds. Because you have time and resources. Only here you can see unbelievable builds at the edge of the game. Only here you push game to its limit. I don't care about killing mobs like a child. I'm looking to make interesting build set up and try to get to lv.100 with it. Test their ability, etc.
Last edited by Kastmar on Apr 26, 2018, 10:08:30 AM
Good for you. Trading in standard is still bad.
Standard : big decaying cancer with all the trash going in there, prices are absurd
Temp Leagues : fresh start with new content with everyone starting at lvl 1, fresh economy, positive hype with a lot of action, with alot of emotions of dropping that rare unique which is worth alot

I always wondered why people playing Standard, or rather, what type of a "human" is playing Standard
Yeah, but nothing you achieve in standard is actually worth something. Nothing that can drop in standard is worth the hundreds of exalts you would need to buy an upgrade to your existing gear. There is no real progression outside of things that are not actually playing the game (metacrafting, trading, etc.)

Most items with low prices are listed for months and sellers never reply because they don't care. One can only trade for multiple Ex items that were listed in the last couple of weeks.

That's the reason why standard feels kinda dead to me. Sure, I can plow through red maps but sometimes I don't even wanna pick up chaos orbs because.. who cares about chaos orbs anyway.. Upgrades are worth thousands of those.

In leagues it's different. You're gathering things that are OP (like abyss jewels) which you know will be useful and rare in the future. Standard might as well have no loot at all other than maps and basic currency to roll them.. at least for people who have played in many leagues and gathered lots of valuable endlevel gear.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Yeah, but nothing you achieve in standard is actually worth something. Nothing that can drop in standard is worth the hundreds of exalts you would need to buy an upgrade to your existing gear. There is no real progression outside of things that are not actually playing the game (metacrafting, trading, etc.)

Most items with low prices are listed for months and sellers never reply because they don't care. One can only trade for multiple Ex items that were listed in the last couple of weeks.

That's the reason why standard feels kinda dead to me. Sure, I can plow through red maps but sometimes I don't even wanna pick up chaos orbs because.. who cares about chaos orbs anyway.. Upgrades are worth thousands of those.

In leagues it's different. You're gathering things that are OP (like abyss jewels) which you know will be useful and rare in the future. Standard might as well have no loot at all other than maps and basic currency to roll them.. at least for people who have played in many leagues and gathered lots of valuable endlevel gear.

Irony.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
shadowthedead wrote:
Standard : big decaying cancer with all the trash going in there, prices are absurd
Temp Leagues : fresh start with new content with everyone starting at lvl 1, fresh economy, positive hype with a lot of action, with alot of emotions of dropping that rare unique which is worth alot

I always wondered why people playing Standard, or rather, what type of a "human" is playing Standard

Damn not a challenge league in the past 5 with over 20 challenges, sub level 90 char in temp league. Sounds like you're getting the full experience.

Ironic that both the people above me are like "we can get valuable uniques"...

Anyways, after thinking about it though, makes sense. People who can not reach certain wealth levels are probably gonna complain and cry no matter what league they play. Both Standard and Temp league for me has been great. Off time in Standard, farm Uber Elder for a bit, sell a 275 Ex Jewel and have enough mapping supplies to carry the next 100 even if I run every map at a loss. Idk, that sounds good to me.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

That is absolutely not true. Standard in for long runners. Only here you can make incredibly interesting mechanics and builds. Because you have time and resources. Only here you can see unbelievable builds at the edge of the game. Only here you push game to its limit. I don't care about killing mobs like a child. I'm looking to make interesting build set up and try to get to lv.100 with it. Test their ability, etc.

This is so me. Right. Fricking. Here.

I also love killing mobs too though ;)
Curly_Femboy, Level 95 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Scourge SC)
TakeCareOfMeDaddy, Level 97 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Expedition SC)
Bat_boy, Level 94 Wild Strike Assassin (Standard)
Is this a serious question? Why ask it when the answer is obvious? League exclusive items and league exclusive mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info