Standart vs Leagues.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
lol what he's tying to say is you're a wanna be elitist without the elite part. a try hard.

Loool I was trying to be subtle. But I think I make a good point. Like that's a meme for me, "fresh league xD," after a couple of weeks I've gotten what I want and it's pretty much Standard for me, unless it's a really fun or engaging mechanic.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Constant respecs broke me down.I use to like to occasionally play standard,just load up a character and play a few hours but 'respec,respec,respec' kinda put me off.I don't want it to be work every time I want to play a permanent character(and maybe develope them so more when they weren't finsihed in the league).I already built my character I don't want to build it again.

So now I just play leagues,as at least I am building something fresh each time.Might sound contradictory but it's more of a case of would you want to paint the same picture again or hang it up and appreciate it and paint another different one.
I have some time = league, i need more time irl = standard ^^
I normally play league only, but started dipping into Standard the last 2 leagues when I got burned out on league mechanics.

Bestiary pushed me away quick. I played Standard for more than a week, then realized 24 challenges was wing mtx (love wing mtx) so I went back. I got up to 20, failed to put Elder on maps I own, burned all my maps down to a couple left in T9 (SSF) and realized that sustainment was impossible for me. I had like 52 alchs and maybe 30 chisels.

So back to Standard.

If something doesn't change with map sustain I am completely done with leagues.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'd go with "spent" "wasted" or "enjoyed"... but "invested" implies you've got something tangible to show for it.

The memories. That is your ROI :)

(I agree, invested is a bit hard to accept)
I have every stash tab ever put into Standard exactly where they were when they migrated into Standard league, have not even combined my currency or anything else.

I enjoy playing the new leagues, standard doesn't see the new league affixes until the league ends and then they get a smaller version of some feature from the league permanently into Standard.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I like having this mixture of short and long term goals.

Master levels.
Atlas completion.
Character levels.
Better gear.
Challenges.
Orbs.
Hunt new content.
Semi-selffound goals.*

In standard, more than half of that is already done or not available.

I sometimes log into standard, but I don't seem to enjoy it. I prefer a zana 6.2 over a zana 8 for some weird reason.

*I usually buy stuff, but aim to replace it with stuff I found on my own.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 23, 2018, 3:03:09 PM
I just prefer not to wallow in a dumpster but thats just me
I dont see any any key!
Well the only league I played was my first one. Lab trials and leveling masters again, no thanks, that feels like work to me. Don't get me wrong, mapping is also kind of a chore, but there is a reward, while those two are like a prerequisite, smth you have to do, before you start mapping.

The fresh economy mostly benefits ppl that level fast and grind/sell a lot at the beginning of the league and I am not among them.
Last edited by majna on Apr 26, 2018, 7:28:16 AM
I've made two character in Standard since Bestiary launched. I don't find them nearly as fun as characters in a new (and functional) league. Don't regret having made them, but they just seem a bit more hollow. Much easier to "give up" on them.

I like the short term goals too... leveling up your masters and completing the atlas in a league feels like progression, even if you already have them completed in standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info