Standart vs Leagues.

I started playing in leagues because it was an easier way of progressing and making money + I wanted the challenge mtx.

Now I am comfortable with the characters and items I have, so I just play standard, unless there is a really interesting league mechanic... this one wasn't.
If PoE was only temp leagues, which is how a good chunk of people play it, I would have quit long ago. I need that feel of progression and permanence. Fresh starts and and the rush to maps are cool and all, but for me maybe twice a year is enough.

"
Phrazz wrote:
But, it all depends on the amount of players. And standard league just doesn't have the numbers.

I play either league hc or std, feels to me like standard is a lot busier (except maybe the first week of league).
We tested it extensively
Last edited by Icholas on Apr 22, 2018, 4:10:59 PM
Ou nice. A lot responses... so i could just stick in standart. When league will end they willl anyways i guess add items from last league... or im wrong?
Why do you keep saying "standart" instead of "standard"? I've never understood that.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why do you keep saying "standart" instead of "standard"? I've never understood that.

standart is Latvian for standard (according to google)
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 22, 2018, 5:19:44 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Cuz is some languages this word ends on `t`.
Habit.
Thanks.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This was basicly only reason why i even wanted to post in here.

God damn does it bother me when most ppl say standart, it just feels so wrong. And i'm nowhere near a grammar nazi, because i do misspellings all the time. Mainly due not being a native english speaker.

But standart just triggers me so much, i don't even know why. I guess part reason is standard is plain standard in my own language as well. While standart is not. :P

Overall i prefer the new league economies, and i like collecting league only uniques and stuff like that.

I wish i liked standard though, because i've so many legacy items and currency there waiting to be used. But it doesn't sit right with me.

This league i was thinking of sitting out and just play some standard casually. Ended up not doing it anyway because i liked the portal.

However now that i've reached said goal, i'm struggling to find motivation/reason to keep playing.

SO basicly i've my casual suit on now. Besides that i've plenty of new games to play due humble bundles. PoE is still my go to game however, with over 5700 hours invested...

So it's kinda annoying to reach this point of "what to play" when you only realy want to play PoE but yet still does not because the lack of goals.
Since i've previously meet all said goals, exception being mirror gear on STD but i don't care for those so.

Oh wow this post went on for far longer than i expected it to, better stop now...
heh. "Invested".
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
heh. "Invested".

Well what else would you call it? Maybe i worded it wrong.

While having minium afk due i don't want to inflate the time, but i'd say maybe 5 hours of those total are afk.

It's easily my favorite game of all time. Even tho i don't agree with many of the nerfs and changes over the years.

What i miss the most is wander coc or vaalspark for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info