what is your experience with chat mutes/bans?

I mistakenly posted my frustration with the league in chat over the weekend and basically said "I quit". I received several immediate whispers of "Can I has your stuff", legit ones, within seconds. I then posted a whitty rejoinder in chat regarding my feelings about beggars. One whispered me that "I deserved what I am getting" so I assume I got reported and possibly muted but I haven't logged in since.

Do you get a message to your account?

P.S. If and when I come back I will be turning off chat. Yes, you read that correct, a beggar got offended by my words. After begging for items.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I mistakenly posted my frustration with the league in chat over the weekend and basically said "I quit". I received several immediate whispers of "Can I has your stuff", legit ones, within seconds. I then posted a whitty rejoinder in chat regarding my feelings about beggars. One whispered me that "I deserved what I am getting" so I assume I got reported and possibly muted but I haven't logged in since.

P.S. If and when I come back I will be turning off chat. Yes, you read that correct, a beggar got offended by my words. After begging for items.

Sounds like you might be leaving out some details, otherwise no way you got muted. Did you use colorful words or verbal attacks on others that would be deserving of a mute?
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

Sounds like you might be leaving out some details, otherwise no way you got muted. Did you use colorful words or verbal attacks on others that would be deserving of a mute?

The "whitty rejoinder" would have been the point. It would get a <<removed by support>> here so I didn't exactly type it out. I kindly asked beggars to dine on a lower torso portion of my anatomy. How's that?
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

The "whitty rejoinder" would have been the point. It would get a <<removed by support>> here so I didn't exactly type it out. I kindly asked beggars to dine on a lower torso portion of my anatomy. How's that?

Yup, that would do it :p
"
Nubatron wrote:
I've never had either to be honest; and I don't think about it often (pretty much never). One simple rule seems to help with avoiding it.....Try not to be an asshat and you'll probably be fine. Focusing on how to beat the system or the nuances of it is probably not going to be helpful.

Thread should have ended here, tbh. Well said.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what Le Toucan is?

It's am ascii art meme. I find the zero tolerance policy on le toucan pretty amusing. I mean if it's spammy it could get annoying but is innocuous and kind of funny if used in moderation. Not so some of the hateful shit I see posted in global occasionally.
I got muted for 10 minutes once when I accidently put my trade into global chat rather than trade. Didn't even notice the # over % until someone msg'd me letting me know lol.

On another note, I have no idea what draws people to using racist/hateful slurs in a global chat room and then blaming others when they get muted banned. One of the things that actually bothers me about the global chat is the complete freedom to say racist, sexist and generally hateful things.

I also don't quite understand the need for socially inept people to draw attention to themselves in the most negative way possible and then say "just a joke man"... and if you say anything you are a "triggered sjw".

It must be this new breed of children, because where I am from if you ever even thought of saying those types of words, someone would find you and kick the shit out of you.

I guess since the internet is seemingly 0 repercussions, people feel like they can be ugly for no reason.

I wish GGG would police global chat more. The fact that the first thing a large group of people do is turn it off shows that there isn't enough enforcement in global.
"
ladish wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't know what Le Toucan is?

It's am ascii art meme. I find the zero tolerance policy on le toucan pretty amusing. I mean if it's spammy it could get annoying but is innocuous and kind of funny if used in moderation. Not so some of the hateful shit I see posted in global occasionally.

Thanks for the explanation. It's hilarious that something like that specifically has a policy against it. Totally worth a mute. Spam on sir.
never had one and never will :D
d:-D*
"
One of the things that actually bothers me about the global chat is the complete freedom to say racist, sexist and generally hateful things. ... I guess since the internet is seemingly 0 repercussions, people feel like they can be ugly for no reason.

I wish GGG would police global chat more. The fact that the first thing a large group of people do is turn it off shows that there isn't enough enforcement in global.

According to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1457463

"The Path of Exile forums and in-game chat are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.

Please do not:

● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments

● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others

● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner

● Disrupt forum or chat use for others

● Reference explicit or illegal material

● Impersonate Grinding Gear Games staff "

The in game report function does not address these conditions very well. An additional 'explicit material' option should be added imo.

It would certainly free up my ignore list for more rmt spammers and would go a long way to cleaning up the jr. high toilet 'humour'.
Last edited by Cuan on Apr 24, 2018, 11:11:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info