what is your experience with chat mutes/bans?

yesterday i happened to drop the "[Removed by Support]" word in chat and got muted for 10 mins by GM. i suspected it was a report by a player. then i got curious about the issue

and talked about it in chat then i was muted again for including the word "[Removed by Support]" in the message. i knew then it was due to chat filter.

that was kind of funny and stupid moment. but what buggs me is that i remember saying the N word as in "[Removed by Support]" and getting away with it. also earlier to the mute

we were discussing warframes and i called myself a "[Removed by Support]" and it went unnoticed. was it due to weak chat filter or GMs (if there are any who monitor the chat

manually) seeing no harm with these 2 examples above. or i might have expired my "allowed times" of foul language? i can't tell

if there is anything i loved about poe when i started is the chat and the weird conversations that could take place there. from lootboxes, gun control with mild

politic opinions to discussing suicide. heck even sometimes typing in some weird sexual fantasies out of boredom and loling at people going "WTF?" over it.

i don't go around telling people "[Removed by Support]". and im not here to whine over my mute it slipped from me first time and i deserved it. but i'd realy hate to

finally discover this was warfame chat system all along. where mods kick you for saying "i fapped to pokemon waifus". having seen people being muted for 4000 hours,

i'm simply afraid to include the phrase "committing suicide" in one sentence was there a discussion over the issue. as i can't tell if the chat bot has put me in some sort of
"red zone" where everything i say gets strictly filterd. or it has weak filter and i happened to trigger the limited filtered critera.

share your thoughts
Last edited by Al_GGG on Apr 20, 2018, 12:48:36 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2018, 4:41:03 PM
I've never had either to be honest; and I don't think about it often (pretty much never). One simple rule seems to help with avoiding it.....Try not to be an asshat and you'll probably be fine. Focusing on how to beat the system or the nuances of it is probably not going to be helpful.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 20, 2018, 10:43:03 AM
I'm guessing it's not a filter per say but more like a few moderators who might step in when they see something.

Intent might be considered in a way ; I've said the supidest shit on global and never got a mute.
*hint* my intent was always humor and i try never to attack minorities.
Probably better off fixing your vocabulary. Those are some shitty words man.
Never been muted or banned in chat or otherwise.
I stay the hell out of general chat anyway as it is a cesspool.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
If something i've learned from global chats is to avoid them at all costs unless you are trying to snipe people giving free stuff.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
I'm guessing it's not a filter per say but more like a few moderators who might step in when they see something.

Intent might be considered in a way ; I've said the supidest shit on global and never got a mute.
*hint* my intent was always humor and i try never to attack minorities.

do mods monitor chat realy? that's my concern. i've seen old threads about it but i dont know if they are still active right now.
"
frenzul wrote:
Probably better off fixing your vocabulary. Those are some shitty words man.

^
Hope someday you develop the empathy to realize how hurtful your words can be.
I got muted for 24h for a toucan.
Then for 3 days and then i stopped spamming since i didn't wanna risk being muted for a week.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info