what is your experience with chat mutes/bans?

Never been muted in 5 years. Then again, I'm not a douche. Nor do I have an urge to use "on the edge humor" in a public chat. In a private chat, on the other hand, with people I know, we fuck with everyone and everything.

Maybe I am a douche after all. But I'm under the impression that everything can be joked about - at the right time, at the right place and to the right crowd. Public chat is neither.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Don't use global, never been muted. Not that I won't throw an insult out :^)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Saracenous wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
I'm guessing it's not a filter per say but more like a few moderators who might step in when they see something.

Intent might be considered in a way ; I've said the supidest shit on global and never got a mute.
*hint* my intent was always humor and i try never to attack minorities.

do mods monitor chat realy? that's my concern. i've seen old threads about it but i dont know if they are still active right now.

Friendly advice, rather than be concerned with whether mods monitor chat; maybe consider shifting your concern to why you think it is acceptable to use those terms. Or conversely, why you are trying to learn more about the moderation in what appears to be an attempt at gaming the system so useless hateful vitriol can somehow make it through the cracks.

From my optic, the only civil form to use them is in the condemnation of their use -- even then you can use shorthand to get your point through.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 20, 2018, 1:20:19 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Saracenous wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
I'm guessing it's not a filter per say but more like a few moderators who might step in when they see something.

Intent might be considered in a way ; I've said the supidest shit on global and never got a mute.
*hint* my intent was always humor and i try never to attack minorities.

do mods monitor chat realy? that's my concern. i've seen old threads about it but i dont know if they are still active right now.

Friendly advice, rather than be concerned with whether mods monitor chat; maybe consider shifting your concern to why you think it is acceptable to use those terms. Or conversely, why you are trying to learn more about the moderation in what appears to be an attempt at gaming the system so useless hateful vitriol can somehow make it through the cracks.

From my optic, the only civil form to use them is in the condemnation of their use -- even then you can use shorthand to get your point through.

you see i came from game where there was much stricter chat system (WF). poe felt at first a safer enviroment to say whatever crap comes into your head. doubled with the fact that bots were running rampage in chat gave me a feeling of lack of order and proper moderation. so i slipped some foul words.

speaking of bots. they seem to be non existent since the latest patch. so that;s good.
Perma chat mute those toucan spammer and those who react to it imo.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
never use chat so never been muted
Don't be a [Removed by Support] in chat even "jokingly" and you don't get muted, don't spam ([Removed by Support] toucan or ".") or anything really, and don't get muted.

If you need to be muted every time you use chat then don't use chat....period(and you have no one to blame but yourself), but sure keep going you basically double the mute you get in most cases and keep on doubling them if you can't moderate yourself.

And tbh if you want to be a [Removed by Support] in chat or be an idiot in any way the don't come crying when you get muted (grow a pair FFS)

As for moderation, in general you would be lucky if support staff see something in particular, it's generally reports sent that they see and deal with.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Apr 20, 2018, 6:38:39 PM
Amazingly I have never been muted. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I never use racial epithets or spam toucans but I may be wrong there...
Never been muted or banned and never had to actively try not to be.
I'm usually on Global 2.

I think the only active filters are for catching rmt bots, and the rest is a matter of getting reported by a player, then a mod seeing the report and deciding that it's mute-worthy.
I can't be certain though since as I said, I've never been muted.

Still though, I think you might be making some poor choices seeing as you got muted and then proceeded to use the same word you think you were muted for while discussing your mute in chat which got you muted again.

You might also notice your post was edited to remove one or two of the words you used, maybe try another word instead.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 20, 2018, 6:35:51 PM
I haven't been muted although I did get a warning for a post on here 5 or so yrs ago. I'm bad to the bone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info