My dog just died

Dogs are the best. I wish they lived longer than us. Condolences.
So sorry for your best friend, he will always be with you though in your heart and thoughts. Sending you virtual hugs and happy thoughts, not much but it's all I've got.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

This was the first full day without Maui.

It felt hard, especially when I went outside. I cried when I saw the usual paths where I'd walk him, making me miss him terribly, thinking I'd never get to share that joy with my friend. I stared at the river in front of the porch like he used to do in the last few days of his life, as if he was taking the time to enjoy nature as if he knew he didn't have long left.

I keep dodging his water bowl even if it's not there anymore, I keep looking for him in the places he used to lay/sleep. I even expected to hear him howl when someone rang at the door today. All small things that make me miss him terribly.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Meow

Cats are better anyway.
Last time I lost a pet, I was a kid. Dunno what kinda dog it was, but it wasn't a pure breed. Was some kinda terrier mutt. Very energetic dog. It died while laying on the ground outside of his dog house, and I remember having to get a shovel to pry it up from the ground.

Some people might be emotionally scarred by such an undertaking, but I wasn't. I was impressed with how stiff the corpse was, and threw it across the yard like a frisbee, which I found to be mildly entertaining. Did it more than once, so yeah.

This dog was a cat killer. HATED cats. I've seen some dogs coexist with cats, but it's almost like this dog's purpose in life was to #rek cats. And that was part of what I liked about the dog. I remember walking him one day, and I didn't have a tight grip on the leash, and a cat ran in front of us, and he rushed down that cat. He had that cat by the tail, he eventually let go, and the cat tried to fight back, and then he went for the cat's throat, and chewed the life out of it. Was freaking hilarious to watch. He got his nose clawed up pretty good, but the cat was dead. I still remember it like it was yesterday. No domesticated cat would have a chance against that dog.

One of the neighbors cats had kittens, and I guess they ventured into our back yard. I remember finding 3 dead kittens that were chewed up like they were dog's chew toys. Pretty mangled up. 1 of them had it's skull chewed up so bad, that it was basically mush, unrecognizable. 2 of them had their intestines stretched out across the yard, which I thought was kinda cool. Poked around their innards with a stick, because I never saw guts up close like that before. One of the neighborhood kids was with me, and was like "eww guts!", and I remember backhanding that kid. Cool kids poke kitten guts with a stick, and don't go "eww guts!".

Sorry, but I can't relate to being emotionally attached to an animal. That's completely alien to me.

But I kinda understand life from a dog's point of view. If you can't eat it, play with it, or fuck it - piss on it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 23, 2018, 7:41:09 PM
honest question MrSmiley, Are you able to feel empathy?

Also, how old were you at that time? Death is one of the few things that we only really understand in the later development of our brains, especially when the death isn't directly affecting our life.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Apr 24, 2018, 6:14:21 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
honest question MrSmiley, Are you able to feel empathy?

[Removed by Support], it's a safe bet to say people who behave this way are putting up an act. People who lack empathy know that openly acting this way is neither advantageous nor "cool".
Last edited by West_GGG on Apr 24, 2018, 9:02:13 AM
I love dogs pretty much all of them not just my own, certainly much more than I love 99.9% of people

Dogs are a critter you can trust, even if he has hostile intent he kinda lets you know right off the bat.

Dogs will do anything for you, my little dog once chased down a full grown rabbit and brought it to me as if it was a gift

sorry for the loss of your little buddy
I dont see any any key!
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss :( It's very tragic to experience situations such as this first hand, and I sincerely hope you never have to again.

I've also recently lost my friend Bax, which you can see below (left) sitting with his best friend Juke (right).

We haven't been the same since Bax left us, and I think Juke has felt it the worst. Just know Maui is probably lying on his back throwing his weight around with Bax as we speak!
Vale, Maui and Bax.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info