Adder's Touch

Hi all, quick question regarding the usefulness of this passive for my lightning strike shadow: can the DoT be applied to MULTIPLE mobs (e.g. from the PROJECTILE of my lightning strike attack)?

I think this is a very important question --> if not, then the passive's probably not even worth considering.

Thanks!
I think it's working with LS projectiles, the description doesn't talk about melee critics only.
Being that it's Chaos damage, Adder's Touch will be completely useless against PVP targets with Chaos Inoculation, is that correct? If so, it might do to have that in the tooltip.
"
Wranger wrote:
Being that it's Chaos damage, Adder's Touch will be completely useless against PVP targets with Chaos Inoculation, is that correct? If so, it might do to have that in the tooltip.

they reworked ci for ob
Spoiler
chaos dmg goes on your es now
ign: ALLRAUDER
Lets assume *adders touch* is much like a critical stab to a vital area with a poison soaked dagger.
It should be able to stack then.
(Its not like poison arrow that can be used with GMP+LMP+IncreasedAoE to spread alot of *poison gas* to drain a whole room of enemies from 100% to 0%)

Its a single target *stab* that should be much like viper strike, stacking with itself.
Atleast when i think *assasin* i think of a cloaked figure that performs a flurry of strikes and then retreats for the poison to work.
Or to follow up with Puncture after if the Poison isnt enough.
Last edited by Planetsurvival on Jan 22, 2013, 8:19:46 AM
Hi all, and hi Mark from GGG!
I was thinking of making a build with Shadow or even Duelist class that will work maybe like this:
My idea is that somehow I use a passive skill that does damage over time, as the Viper Strike does, but I'd like the passive skill that does that. Is there any?
As I was thinking of making the Shadow all the way to Adder's Touch, but after some reading I realised that it's a single target, and I can't use AoE spells with it, also it's dagger based.
Am I right with that?

I wanted actually to poison enemies and run till they die, but that seems impossible?
Only with Viper Strike/single target...

I don't want to build a ranger build tho.

Tell me, are there any weapons that deal poison damage?
I'd like to see support gem like "added poison damage" or something like that.

I really like how damage over time/poison/bleed/burn works in PoE, so I'd like to excel my character to that path if possible.

Are there any good builds that are based on something like that? But not the poison arrow builds!

Thank you, and I hope you realised what I'm asking, cuz my English kinda sucks :D
"
Skol wrote:
Hi all, quick question regarding the usefulness of this passive for my lightning strike shadow: can the DoT be applied to MULTIPLE mobs (e.g. from the PROJECTILE of my lightning strike attack)?
It will apply to anything taking critical weapon damage from a dagger. This includes anything you hit with a critical lightning strike (projectiles or melee).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Skol wrote:
It will apply to anything taking critical weapon damage from a dagger. This includes anything you hit with a critical lightning strike (projectiles or melee).

Mark, tell me, so, if I want to make AoE DoT Adder's Touch build, which spells will work in that manner?
As I want to use Adder's Touch to poison mobs, but I don't want it to be single target based only, I want it to do AoE damage on time, is that possible with any spell?
I'd actually like that Cleave is usable with daggers, or even sweep... But I suppose that the idea/mechanics behind daggers in Path of Exile is that daggers are only single target mainly? Am I right?
Can you plz explain how could I build the character to be based on these skills? Mainly a Shadow class...
So, I took adder's touch on lvl 27-28, but, I think I'm not having enough critical chance/critical strike to get adder's touch working. I tried with Whirling Blades, Lightning Strike, Dual Strike, Double Strike...and it seems that I'm not poisoning an enemy... Or there isn't a animation in-game for it, as it is for Viper Strike?
But still, I'm 99% sure that I don't poison an enemy, because their life doesn't go down...
It seems that I'll have to get my crit. chance higher somehow, what do you suggest to do?
Thanks! :)
deleted
Last edited by kkdragunov on Feb 13, 2013, 10:04:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info