[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

Finally killed Shaper, woot. Had to switch to carnage heart / two rare rings (one with life on hit, other with resists, both with life). Still mostly DPS with my passives (dropped aspect of the lynx and the two nodes next to it for life and nullification) and using a stark's with 15% cyclone attack speed. But still did Shaper with haste instead of grace which i was pleased with. Wasn't super clean, but i think I'm confident enough to use this as a starter next league now.

Edit:

Next question - any tips on beating Hall of Grandmasters?
Last edited by Perce79 on Jul 22, 2018, 5:24:31 PM
Hey there! Absolutely LOVING this build, especially the fact that it has the flexibility to do it all. At this point in the game I've dumped a very large amount of currency on the build, and I can definitely feel the returns from the investment. What I was curious about is when you mentioned Increased Crit Strikes potentially outdoing Maim support, did you ever test that out? I'd do it myself but coloring my Bronn's was a huge pain and I'd rather not go through that again if I don't have to. I was also curious about the Elder sash. I was able to pick one up, but it seems to bring my DPS down quite a bit in comparsion to my headhunter. Would we be using this belt purely for the increased life regeneration rate coupled with the double Vitality buff Watcher's Eye (which I have) as a defensive measure? Also, you state that acquiring an elder ring and the Watcher's eye jewel free up a lot of damage/survivability, do you mean this frees up passive points, and if so where can I adjust? I'm currently playing the DPS variant. Thank you!

"
Sebexx wrote:
So if I understand this guide correctly, if I choose to play cyclone with 5 links only increased area / conc effect would be better than maim ?

Yes
"
Perce79 wrote:
Finally killed Shaper, woot. Had to switch to carnage heart / two rare rings (one with life on hit, other with resists, both with life). Still mostly DPS with my passives (dropped aspect of the lynx and the two nodes next to it for life and nullification) and using a stark's with 15% cyclone attack speed. But still did Shaper with haste instead of grace which i was pleased with. Wasn't super clean, but i think I'm confident enough to use this as a starter next league now.

Edit:

Next question - any tips on beating Hall of Grandmasters?

Grats on the kill.

My biggest tip for Hall of Grandmaster is to pay someone built specifically for it to do it.

There's totally a way for you to do it with Tesla and that is to play normally up until/if you hit the max block freak guy. In that case, weapon swap to a fire gem staff with a scorching ray gem linked up in that hoe. It's a old tip that non trappers etc etc have used but it's a pain, I will warn.
"
Hey there! Absolutely LOVING this build, especially the fact that it has the flexibility to do it all. At this point in the game I've dumped a very large amount of currency on the build, and I can definitely feel the returns from the investment. What I was curious about is when you mentioned Increased Crit Strikes potentially outdoing Maim support, did you ever test that out? I'd do it myself but coloring my Bronn's was a huge pain and I'd rather not go through that again if I don't have to. I was also curious about the Elder sash. I was able to pick one up, but it seems to bring my DPS down quite a bit in comparsion to my headhunter. Would we be using this belt purely for the increased life regeneration rate coupled with the double Vitality buff Watcher's Eye (which I have) as a defensive measure? Also, you state that acquiring an elder ring and the Watcher's eye jewel free up a lot of damage/survivability, do you mean this frees up passive points, and if so where can I adjust? I'm currently playing the DPS variant. Thank you!

Hiya! Thanks for the words that are happy!

Testing out the damage with increased crit / maim can be done on path of building without recoloring the chest. I did that and the damage read out higher.

The elder sash and such are only changes for Uber Elder itself. I've since posted various Uber Elder Killing variants and videos on the forum. Feel free to check those out if Uber Elder is your goal.

I would try to check your character but it seems your profile is on privates (my privates!). If you want to change that to public and then I can take a looksey, I'll do that. sure. gg wp ez clap signing off. +1 message.
@Vasheden

I'm so sorry, I didn't even consider PoB because I'm a total pleb apparently, lmao. Anywho, thank you for taking the time to get back to me, I appreciate the information and will definitely give those Uber Elder variants a look! I've made my character public at this point, although my character is showing at level 86 on my profile.. I've since hit level 90 and applied the 4 points from Trickery to Coldhearted Calculation. I also kept Nullification to reach the resist cap, but I think at this point I could let it go. Thank you so much again!
"
Vashseden wrote:
:
My biggest tip for Hall of Grandmaster is to pay someone built specifically for it to do it.

There's totally a way for you to do it with Tesla and that is to play normally up until/if you hit the max block freak guy. In that case, weapon swap to a fire gem staff with a scorching ray gem linked up in that hoe. It's a old tip that non trappers etc etc have used but it's a pain, I will warn.

Cool , thanks. No big deal I actually have an arc trapper as well as a GC totem guy who can do the scorching ray set up a better. Just wondering if it was something I was missing
Hi!!

Two questions:

1 - Im lvl 92, doing well with the build, but i want to know what points do pick in the next lvls? Sometimes i think on duelist start area to get 1% leech from Pure Talent; or maybe one more jewel through scion start; the commom goal should be the life nodes in the big area of life nodes, left side of scion start. So, any tips?

2 - Inc. Crit. Strike Chance is better than maim?

Thanks! And again, thank you for the build!
Have been playing this build like a beast and I can tell you that this is one of the most fucking amazing cyclone builds I have ever played.
I have a daresso +1 curse, one ring with assassin mark and it feels amazing.
Got rid of fortify with leap slam and put there an "endurance charge on melee stun", changed my shaper's touch for a tombfist to intimidate enemies and changed the belt to a crafted one with 11% chance to get fortify on melee hit (with more than 7 attacks per second, perma fortify), 33% melee damage during flask effect, some resistances and 120 max life.
I am currently at 1,8m dps at path of building on shaper/guardian boss fight without enabling power charges.
If I sim my char with power charges and not in shaper/guardian, I am at 2,59m dps. Have been trying to use Abyssus (3,62m with that helm lul) but I feel a bit squishy. Dps skyrockets, but 40-50% increased physical damage taken is insane with this build.
My cyclone is map cleaning oriented, so my life isn't that great, currently at 5,1k. Could try to get more life with some items like starkonja, but don't really need that for fast map cleaning.
Only problem I have without Shaper's Touch, is the low unreserved mana pool I currently have (103 unreserved, with 42 mana cost of cyclone and a hit rate of 7.39 attacks per second).
I also have a question regarding Blood Magic Passive. If I wanted to use Blood Magic, which gem should i put on cyclone on damage on full life place? Is it worth?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info