[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

After work, I gave it 2 solid tries with a defensive set up.

I did not manage to finish the fight however. I really do not think the build is at fault. It is truly my lack of knowledge of the fight.

The 1st time, I got each down to 25% and the 2nd attempt, I killed shaper only to get rekt by a projectile at the end.

Dem Shaper's Balls.......Dem Shaper's Balls...

I will pick it back up next time I can and try again.
After 4 attempts, it becomes clear that I need more evasion into the build for those unlucky moments. I switched up some gear and moved about 7 passives around for this fight.

I'm again, not the best player so I'm still getting use to the fight.

Literally everything in the game up until Uber Elder can be done with the original set up and can be league started etc etc. I was trying not to dump more currency into the build.

Instead of using a 5 off color Bronn's Lithe, I'm switching it to a Farrul's Fur and replacing Rat's Nest with Farrul's Bite.

I replaced Belt of the Deceiver with an Elder belt with Life Recovery rate increase for more leech rate.

I don't think the last change is necessary, however, I did change daresso's salute for a crafted onxy amulet for just some critical fun. I felt I didnt need the +2 weapon range for this particular fight.

Dropping my Jade flask for a Sapphire flask really helps as well.

This new set up actually made fighting Phoenix a lot easier as well.

I'm using Grace full time instead of Haste aura.

After I get done w/ Uber Elder, I'll update the overall guide for quality of life and what I've found really rounds out the build in all situations.

Stay tuned. XD
I managed to finish the Uber Elder fight and here are my thoughts.

I'm just going to be honest with the build and how it handles Uber Elder.

I am not the most skilled player in PoE but that fight was a beast of a fight for the build.

I did have a lot easier time when I sank extra currency into the build but I'm honestly not sure if I recommend using even just cyclone in general for the fight.

Here are my reasons:

Having high evasion is super great. Even building up to 6-6.5k hp was help.
The downside was really with how the skill behaves vs the mechanics of the fight itself.

In the fight, you play cat n mouse with shaper and elder. You dangle some keys in one direction and piss one of them off (usually shaper) and then attack the other. With cyclone, you would think that means moving and damaging at the same time would be a huge benefit and imo the answer is: Not so much.

With every other fight in the game, you reason just dodge an attack, wait for an opening and boom, headshot, dps, spin, 360 death vortex, 100 to 0, Peace, etc etc.

baiting out shaper, while using cyclone as a bait and movement tactic can be tricky. Since you are stun immune while cycloning, you must really stick to trying to stay in cyclone as much as possible to not let a stray elder projectile stun you while dancing around for shaper ball bait.

It is MUCH easier to stutter step to proc a lot of the attacks from shaper/elder in the fight and maximize positioning and ability to quickly use a separate movement skill (shield charge, whirling blades, leap slam) on command.

Having high leech rate really helps in this department when up close due to leeching through certain attacks, however, it falls short with distance.

Example:
Say you need to make a split second decision of evasiveness with cyclone but you might have just clicked for another cyclone attack and now you are locked into an animation with no quick insta leap/whirling/charge escape. It happens even when you are careful about it.

I just feel like the build EXCELS When clearing literally everything else and can even be used in FAAAST Magic find setups as well with great Area of Effect.

I just want to be real with someone trying out the build and is maybe new to the game. You will literally CRUSH all other parts of the game including the guardians to the Uber Elder Fight but if you want an EXTREMELY EASIER TIME FOR UBER ELDER, I would pick one of the following:

- Tornado Shot
- Totems
- Blade Flurry
- Molten Strike
- Summons/Clones
- Righteous Fire

The way these skills work and can be build around, make for just a win/win scenario with the mechanics of the fight vs the mechanics of the character.

I was able to get the build to 6.5k hp, 70% evasion, full frenzy and power charges sustained through the fight, 30-45% phys reduction only with fortify + Lion's roar and over 1 Million shaper dps WITHOUT an abyssus.

I was going to post the Uber Elder Set up but I honestly just don't feel comfortable enough to recommend it.

Maybe someone out there who like the concept of my build one day will see something I missed and/or beat the piss out of Uber Elder with it and provide tips.

Would be a cool day.

I'm again not saying that the build can not do Uber Elder. It is just a pain imo.

I was trying not to throw too much currency at the build so that anyone could realistically pick up the build and Destroy the game. I feel like I've done 99.9% of that and I'm happy with that for now.

Maybe if GGG changed the way cyclone behaved to a more channeling feel for more abrupt change of pace between entering and exiting the animation, that could go a long way in positioning problems on this kind on an encounter. Food for thought.

I hope more people try the build and give feedback and what can be improved on the guide or what they liked about the build.

Thank you for everyone that has visited so far and any that follow <3
Last edited by Vashseden on Apr 19, 2018, 11:16:44 AM
Posted some updated info on the guide and added new completed atlas pic with 157/157 and all 5 sextants and an Uber Elder Pic.
Just curious if anyone that checked out the guide is making a character build around it?

I'm considering it yes, just the bronns lithe in 4 red is very expensive and as i've just tried voidforge cyclone on my scion which does no dmg for some unknown reason i'm doubtful of trying to make this work due to the cost of just that main piece 7ex for the only one in the right colours is a bit steep for me.
Last edited by Ladoona on Apr 21, 2018, 6:00:46 AM
"
Ladoona wrote:
I'm considering it yes, just the bronns lithe in 4 red is very expensive and as i've just tried voidforge cyclone on my scion which does no dmg for some unknown reason i'm doubtful of trying to make this work due to the cost of just that main piece 7ex for the only one in the right colours is a bit steep for me.

Well, Voidforge calculates damage different than trying to just stack physical damage. In my opinion, unless you have a real solid chunk of currency, a Starforge Cyclone is easier to gear and still provides the damages you are looking for.

As for the Bronn's Lithe chest piece. This is like a final "end game/I have a 7-8ex hole burning in my pocket and I don't know what to do with it" purchase for the build. You can do everything on the build with a Belly of the Beast or even just a well rolled evasion chest piece (life resist etc). The build does not lose all functionality with the lose of the chest piece.

If you want to go even more budget, the sword doesn't even need to be more than 4 Linked if you have 5Links or so in a chest piece for cyclone. The Bronn's Lithe just gives more movement/attack speed/damage at the cost of survivability which after a point of progression, you can make a judgement call to add.

I hope this helps.
"
Vashseden wrote:
As for the Bronn's Lithe chest piece. This is like a final "end game/I have a 7-8ex hole burning in my pocket and I don't know what to do with it" purchase for the build. You can do everything on the build with a Belly of the Beast or even just a well rolled evasion chest piece (life resist etc). The build does not lose all functionality with the lose of the chest piece.
I hope this helps.

I could get a 5l in 4r 1g there is one up currently for 1ex would that be better than a belly or do they come about even?
"
Ladoona wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:
I hope this helps.

I could get a 5l in 4r 1g there is one up currently for 1ex would that be better than a belly or do they come about even?

I would personally get a 5L good evasion chest first. Then fill out a lot of your other gear and come back to getting a 6 link later depending on your budget. I see you are maybe respeccing the Ascendant you already have or at least that is what I'm assuming on your account.

Edit: I looked at the chest in question. The 6th link is blue on it. If you dare to Fuse it to a 6L you could potentially save a pooper ton of moolah and have a sweet 6L there.

The gamble is up to you. Again, I really do not know your budget. If I went into the build with a fair share of money, I'd buy the chest and link it myself.
Last edited by Vashseden on Apr 21, 2018, 7:29:05 AM
Right now i have about 3ex 300 ish chaos if isell the voidforge i will have another 5ex of so to use. Very hard item to resell though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info