[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
Aimanan wrote:
"
sephonly wrote:
Hi guys I have a problem.. level 82 here. 42k tooltip with cyclone and doomsower 2H weapon. I simply dont leech past full life! Blood rage is 4.2% degen and I have 3.8% life regen.. and still with 2.6% life leech on FULL phys dmg (brutality support) I still can't stop blood rage degen! Not even for a second past full HP. Should I respec and spec back into slayer ascendancy point? Lol... is there another interaction screwing me over? The only keystone I have is resolute technique. Only unique beside the 2H is daresso salute amulet (completely wasted 10 ms and 60 dmg) and tombfist.

Please halp!

Oke. Oke, my man. Relax. Breathe. I r haplz. But first, take this rusty knife and stab Resolute Technique in the baby maker. Do it or I won't love you.

01. SLAYER IS THE FIRST ASCENDANCY YOU TAKE.
02. Change your gloves to Shaper's Touch. Seriously, the improvement is insane. Let me list what all you get from them.
03. Check out the belt my character 'Countenance' is wearing.
04. You need Bubonic trail boots
05. So long as you don't have a Starforge, consider using Herald of Ash aura for B-A-N-A-N-A-S AoE clearing.
06. Change your rings for Thief's Torment.
07. Take the evas and resist nodes at Survivalist.

Hi Ainaman, I really appreciate your reply! First things first is point #1: I took the Slayer ascendancy, and my problem is that I don't have 'life leech effects after full life' for more than 1 second (in fact it is less than 1 second)! If the reason is that I am not doing enough damage or that doomsower is a bad weapon, I want to try to fix this and need advice because without this effect that ascendancy is being wasted until I get a high-damage weapon like Starforge, and also wasted is daresso's salute & DmgOnFullLife support which made me choose Brutality as 5-L and drop HoA.

As for shaper's touch, they are 2 exalted a piece right now on HC so I had to figure out a 2nd best option. That's why I went with Tombfist + Stygian vise as a budget option (to get intimidate on gloves & massive life/resist on belt. I dropped thief's torment because my HP pool was just way too low for HC (I lose 514 HP when swap in Thief's torment), but I totally agree that my life/mana gain on hit was ridiculous with this ring on - I'll see if i can maybe drop devoto's for a life helm to accomodate this ring.

All in all, a lot of my options differ from yours due to feeling comfortable with a larger health pool to avoid being one-shot by projectiles and shenanigans in the temple + not having 2ex for shaper's touch, and not having made a switch to crit from RT just yet cuz I don't have enough levels yet for the crit scaling. But my most pressing issue is not getting any bonuses from the slayer ascendancy!
"
Nogenius wrote:
Hi there. Thanks for the wonderful guide!

What would be the best upgrade for me? I'm saving up for Starforge (and waiting for the price to go down) as my next upgrade. One of problems I'm running into is I'm too squishy. I'm sitting at 4.2k hp and I get one-shotted sometimes. (Please excuse the volatile dead gems.)

First: THAT BELT THO! DOPE!

Second: Would you mind making your characters public? I might be able to give a little help if I can see your tree, jewels, etc.
"
sephonly wrote:

All in all, a lot of my options differ from yours due to feeling comfortable with a larger health pool to avoid being one-shot by projectiles and shenanigans in the temple + not having 2ex for shaper's touch, and not having made a switch to crit from RT just yet cuz I don't have enough levels yet for the crit scaling. But my most pressing issue is not getting any bonuses from the slayer ascendancy!

Aw dang man, that HC tag slipped my eyes entirely.

importing your character into PoB now. brb

POST IMPORT: -

Yes, your issue is most certainly low outgoing damage. You're standing at a little over 49k DPS right now, which is around one-seventh of what is doable at your level. My observations: -

01. I dunno if you have noticed, but you have 90% hit chance base against Shaper/guardian. You don't need that Resolute Technique, it is actually holding you back considerably. Now, we remove two points from there.

02. On the Sword Damage wheel at the bottom right, you have gone for Brutal Blade first. No. Take Fatal Blade. You will now net some gains, because you start critting. Remember that this still leaves you with two points to spare.

03. Put those two points into Crit Strike Chance and Assassination at the top right of the finished tree.

04. I notice you have taken the Acrobatics route to the top, because HC character etc. I can't in good conscience suggest that you go the regular route, though it does path you really close (2 passive points away) to another jewel socket, and overall it gives an additional 4% life over the Acrobatics route.

05. Your life leech / on hit rate is reported as 922. Mine is 2840.5, which is essentially hardcap with Vaal Pact. I'm reaching this with 2.8% total leech under Blood Rage, helped by Vita Void and Vaal Pact. VashSeden, we need your input here viz. HC viability of the new Vaal Pact. Not taking Vaal Pact, taking Vitality Void and truncating the connection from Art of the Gladiator to the Duelist starting point drops you to 5523 life but raises you to 1270 leech rate. Then adding VP nets you twice that, at 2540.

06. Starkonja's, if affordable, will help compared to Rat or Devoto.

P.S. LOVE your jewels.

Final note: Please peruse my modifications to your existing build here: https://pastebin.com/106vKydT
Last edited by Aimanan on Jun 13, 2018, 11:49:05 AM
I found something that can help our chaos resist problem, this is LIT. I cant link it right now due to it being in my skill tree. But its a watchers eye jewel that gives +41% chaos resist while affected by purity of elements... thats pretty good! If you look at my only incursion char right now, you should be able to see it in one of my jewel slots
"
inhumanshotz wrote:
I found something that can help our chaos resist problem, this is LIT. I cant link it right now due to it being in my skill tree. But its a watchers eye jewel that gives +41% chaos resist while affected by purity of elements... thats pretty good! If you look at my only incursion char right now, you should be able to see it in one of my jewel slots

YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD! Thank you!
"
inhumanshotz wrote:

Damn, my post must've gotten lost in the shuffle. I suggested this one a few pages back. I was able to snag one with Grace too! 30c
"
inhumanshotz wrote:

Damn, my post must've gotten lost in the shuffle. I suggested this one a few pages back. I was able to snag one with Grace too! 30c
"
lunamoonsong wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I had these boots beforehand but since my level is low I can't use them. I am running low on resources now but I will try and buy according to your list :)

I think you can view my character now.

Thanks again.

Uhm, you're level 71 but haven't done any Labyrinths yet! GO GET DAT ASCENDANCY AND THEN YOU CAN HAVE A HOLLYWOOD BLONDE PORTRAIT. Which is why we play Scion anyway. Vash pretends it's because of the efficiency. Psssht, like we believe him. Your first 3 ascendancy points must go into Duelist->Slayer :)

01. Haste and Vaal Haste on boots is no longer needed, as of Incursion. Take Purity of Elements, Vaal Haste, Grace.

02. Dat shaper's touch. Bad colours. Bad. Vorici 8 can recolour, but costly. Grab another pair with right colours (3 red 1 blue) when you can :)

03. Your tree is weirdly shaped. I'll type a brick wall on it once I stop feeling sleepy.

What do you think about picking up the "(8–10)% increased Area of Effect" corruption on the belt, is the mana/es gained from the 30ish strength worth it over the aoe?
"
Aimanan wrote:
"
sephonly wrote:

Yes, your issue is most certainly low outgoing damage. You're standing at a little over 49k DPS right now, which is around one-seventh of what is doable at your level. My observations: -

01. I dunno if you have noticed, but you have 90% hit chance base against Shaper/guardian. You don't need that Resolute Technique, it is actually holding you back considerably. Now, we remove two points from there.

02. On the Sword Damage wheel at the bottom right, you have gone for Brutal Blade first. No. Take Fatal Blade. You will now net some gains, because you start critting. Remember that this still leaves you with two points to spare.

03. Put those two points into Crit Strike Chance and Assassination at the top right of the finished tree.

04. I notice you have taken the Acrobatics route to the top, because HC character etc. I can't in good conscience suggest that you go the regular route, though it does path you really close (2 passive points away) to another jewel socket, and overall it gives an additional 4% life over the Acrobatics route.

05. Your life leech / on hit rate is reported as 922. Mine is 2840.5, which is essentially hardcap with Vaal Pact. I'm reaching this with 2.8% total leech under Blood Rage, helped by Vita Void and Vaal Pact. VashSeden, we need your input here viz. HC viability of the new Vaal Pact. Not taking Vaal Pact, taking Vitality Void and truncating the connection from Art of the Gladiator to the Duelist starting point drops you to 5523 life but raises you to 1270 leech rate. Then adding VP nets you twice that, at 2540.

06. Starkonja's, if affordable, will help compared to Rat or Devoto.

P.S. LOVE your jewels.

Final note: Please peruse my modifications to your existing build here: https://pastebin.com/106vKydT

Starkonja's is definitely affordable and I can make the switch to crit right away actually as I have spare points. I guess Kondo's pride is a no-no because it has "cannot leech life from critical strikes" so I will try either Hitless which should work much better with a nice base crit of 7.3-7.5 and should net 32.85% (54.9% with diamond flask) crit chance right away. I also debated connecting to duelist start for 1% leech versus Vitality void for 1.6% leech and increased rate/VP - it's up in the air right now. VP is nice for leech but unfortunately will not help with the duration of leech which is the whole point of the Slayer ascendancy - but I think you're right that perhaps with Crit the duration increase will be noticeable! At work right now but will try to make the switch and update results :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info