[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

I am having some serious fun playing this :) I don't think I have ever played with something so quick but not hectic . I got lucky with 3 exalts, two days ago so my gear is pretty nice, and I just got uber lab done. I was wondering should I be striving for all qual gems now or what my life pool is around 4k now so that's pretty ok. Maybe I should buy a semi perf Kondos now? Probably ditch Caress and get the right colors to run increased dur. with my immortal call and enfeeble :).
As it stands, I seem to be able to clear every map I run but I haven't gotten into red ones yet. Maybe go for the chest piece and just drop a exalt for the colors? Cyclone is currently around 54k dps in hideout no pots just haste. (O yeah I dont have vaal haste yet.)
"
Themasterofw wrote:
I am having some serious fun playing this :) I don't think I have ever played with something so quick but not hectic . I got lucky with 3 exalts, two days ago so my gear is pretty nice, and I just got uber lab done. I was wondering should I be striving for all qual gems now or what my life pool is around 4k now so that's pretty ok. Maybe I should buy a semi perf Kondos now? Probably ditch Caress and get the right colors to run increased dur. with my immortal call and enfeeble :).
As it stands, I seem to be able to clear every map I run but I haven't gotten into red ones yet. Maybe go for the chest piece and just drop a exalt for the colors? Cyclone is currently around 54k dps in hideout no pots just haste. (O yeah I dont have vaal haste yet.)

Hiya,

Thanks for the feedback on the build and I'm really glad you are enjoying it!

I see that you are excited to bolster your build and I took a quick peek at your character.

It's totally up to you but my suggestions would be:
- continue to level up and get your gems to level 20.
- After they are 20, you can exchange them with a vendor for 20 quality lvl 1 gems if you like, or go uber lab farming for fast gcps (totally up to you. check out the wiki if you do not know about gem/quantity swap)
- grab shaper's touch gloves and bubonic trail boots.
- Drop Herald of Ash and pick up Purity of Elements.
- Then either start trying 6L one of the chest options in the build or save up for a Starforge (socket number doesn't matter on weapon) and see that dps go way up.
- Pick passives now that reflect on your goals with the build and where you want to take it and how safe you want to be.
- your suggestions on vaal haste and increased on enfeeble are good as well.
- Continue to kick ass.

and Most importantly:

- Have fun.

<3
"
Dimmarth wrote:
This build is actually fucked up. Do not do what is written here or you're gonna ruin your char and waste exalts!!!

4,5 or 5k hp as melee? You kidding me??? You will die on 1shot, especially as CYCLONE BUILD where you have to FACE TANK BOSSES!!!

If you're interested in melee 2h builds (GO HERE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1894126)

What do you get from that "1,2kk dps"? Before you'll do something you'll die with this build.
Also Evasion as melee is totally useless do not go for those passive nodes. You should choose slayer start path and go like on this link I've just sent.

I normally never say this but...Git gud! I have a level 90 Scion in standard running this build with 4.7k hp and can kill guardians and shaper with no problems. I am also playing this build in flashback currently level 83 and raping content. Hell I did uber lab at 79 with 3.5k hp using a 5 link Bronn’s and 4 link Kondo’s.

Now with that said, this is not a beginner friendly build at all. I also highly highly suggest using grace instead of haste. The high amount of chance to evade (from grace, rat’s nest and Bronn’s) combined with the speed you have (I’m currently at 90% without a quicksilver flask active) is all the defense you need WHEN you also have knowledge of mechanics for what you are facing against plus using the right flasks for the right situation.

I have played Slayer RT cyclone more than a few times and after trying this build I can tell you this version has easily 3x the damage and is equally as survivable. The difference is you have to actively keep from dying with this version vs. the Slayer where you can basically tank anything.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Took a break for a few days, since I burned up all my desire to play on this Flashback event on the first day haha

Managed to get this beauty:

And things are going way smoother now. Getting into red maps, damage is fine (getting some 20% quality gems for now, seeing as the later upgrades [Shaper's Touch/Starforge] are still way too expensive). I'm feeling like maybe life leech isn't being well explored with the current leech rate? Maybe because the damage isn't endgame worthy yet, but sometimes I end up suffering a lot if there are no enemies nearby and I can't get to hit anything.

Grats on the 6L!

Hrmm, I took a quick peek at your character and I saw that you had increased duration on your blood rage gem. Taking that gem out would ease your pain for sure on the maps that have a nice gap in density for sure.

Try it out and hit me up with any other concerns.

Didn't have any problems with mob density, but sometimes the overleech just wasn't working. Then I saw that Kondo's Pride have that nasty "Cannot leech life from Critical Strikes", and I'm spinning with Diamond Flask 24/7. I'm guessing all my problems will be gone when I finally switch weapons. :o

Also got a Shaper's Touch. The additional mana was a really nice QOL change, but the damage upgrade was kinda meh (already had a 13 physical damage/10% attack speed glove).

5 exalts away from a Starforge. :(
"

Didn't have any problems with mob density, but sometimes the overleech just wasn't working. Then I saw that Kondo's Pride have that nasty "Cannot leech life from Critical Strikes", and I'm spinning with Diamond Flask 24/7. I'm guessing all my problems will be gone when I finally switch weapons. :o

Also got a Shaper's Touch. The additional mana was a really nice QOL change, but the damage upgrade was kinda meh (already had a 13 physical damage/10% attack speed glove).

5 exalts away from a Starforge. :(

*Facepalm* in addition to the gem, I did forget that about Kondo's haha. I rushed my Starforge when I was building the build. I stayed in Burial chambers and just farmed currency until I could get one. Took about a day with breaks. The shaper's touch is nice for quality of life but the real damage bonus comes from you getting a corrupted one with Vul on Hit.

Cranking out 5ex is ez pz. You got this and with this build you can do it really fast <3
nice guide

I saw ur explanation about thief's torment but it seems that going 2x steel ring would give a lot more dmg and we can always get mana leech on jewel or tree.

Leech while using Blood Rage + CWDT proc with Arakali would be crazy anyway.
"
Hejti wrote:
nice guide

I saw ur explanation about thief's torment but it seems that going 2x steel ring would give a lot more dmg and we can always get mana leech on jewel or tree.

Leech while using Blood Rage + CWDT proc with Arakali would be crazy anyway.

Hiya,

Thanks for the kind words.

The theif's torment allows the build to put in amazing survivability at 1/1000th of the cost of steel rings and such while also providing really super Life Gain on Hit w/out relying soly on Life Leech allowing to even more map mods to be ran and not rerolled. Even the amazing Life gain on hit while potentially leveling is amazing.

I also explain that mana leech can be achieved on a passive (next to Herbalism) or a jewel. I do however believe that the quality of life while spinning w/ the ring is far greater than going w/out the ring; allowing for a much smoother cyclone experience. I even run with a mana leech in addition to the ring for the times in which a boss or a situtation hits a point in which you are spinning and then need to close a gap or wait for a phase change to re-engage.

Now all that being said, You can totally use 2 steel rings to pump out more damage for sure, I even have other set ups to the build that involve the Farrul's set (chest + helm) and much more however, it's totally a variation of what I believe is the core experience from the build. It is totally up to you if you choose to grab some really well rolled steel rings and put much more currency into the build.

The pantheon leech trick is nice but I do not want a build that relies on it to succeed. Again, feel free to do it but even if GGG decides to change that at a later date, it will not affect the build.

You will find that the Life leech and the steel rings are a staple is other builds for sure. As long as you are having fun with the build, that is most important. Feel free to try it out and good luck.
Last edited by Vashseden on May 9, 2018, 5:51:08 PM
This build fucking sucks.

I've followed the recommended gear, I have put a lot of currency into the rolls on the unique's and 6L's, I get completely destroyed from a T8 Elder and there is little to no survivability with this build against any boss.
Last edited by Baldylol on May 9, 2018, 7:23:30 PM
"
Baldylol wrote:

I've followed the recommended gear, I have put a lot of currency into the rolls on the unique's and 6L's, I get completely destroyed from a T8 Elder and there is little to no survivability with this build against any boss.

Hiya,

Just to get a more full view of your very well explained troubles with the build and zero questions about how to utilize the build to your playstyle; I'm going to take a look at your character profile.

So on a T8 Elder (map level 75 if I'm not mistaken)

You as a level 77, not taking Grace, No Uber lab, Missing a lot of crit, you tried to take on the Elder. (not even sure if solo or in a group).

Yeap. This build sucks. I'm going to delete it now. Sorry everyone else that has love it and had killed shaper with it. It's definitely the build. Gotta just smash that trash can icon.

It really sounds like you put a lot of effort into that Elder fight. I would level up, fix some things, actually learn how to fight the Elder and try again.

Of course, I'm not you. So instead, if you like to continue to leave hate of my forum and sell all your gear, that is totally up to you.

<3
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
Baldylol wrote:

Hiya,

Just to get a more full view of your very well explained troubles with the build and zero questions about how to utilize the build to your playstyle; I'm going to take a look at your character profile.

So on a T8 Elder (map level 75 if I'm not mistaken)

You as a level 77, not taking Grace, No Uber lab, Missing a lot of crit, you tried to take on the Elder. (not even sure if solo or in a group).

Yeap. This build sucks. I'm going to delete it now. Sorry everyone else that has love it and had killed shaper with it. It's definitely the build. Gotta just smash that trash can icon.

It really sounds like you put a lot of effort into that Elder fight. I would level up, fix some things, actually learn how to fight the Elder and try again.

Of course, I'm not you. So instead, if you like to continue to leave hate of my forum and sell all your gear, that is totally up to you.

<3

You're right, sorry for the comment just a bit frustrating.

Also, I got a Cyclopean Coil which provides life, attributes which helps a lot with the shaper gloves, It seems to increase my Cyclone damage more than the Deceiver currently does. Have you looked into the belt at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info