[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

"
tamnz wrote:
so etup got passive that gives him more block chance and total of 30% block chance include % block chance from the staff too

The question is does it worth it ? for 30% block chance 4 points for it

He uses Kaom's, giving him a huge HP pool and that is what makes blocking so effective. See why below:
"
When you block an attack, you will be put into a stun animation. The chance to stun is based off the damage done in a single hit compared to the target's maximum life.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

my current staff. took around 35+ chaos for +1 gems. prolly roll again for spell dmg+fcr till get bit more currency
IGN: Desu_, Sydvest, Enyce
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
tamnz wrote:
so etup got passive that gives him more block chance and total of 30% block chance include % block chance from the staff too

The question is does it worth it ? for 30% block chance 4 points for it

He uses Kaom's, giving him a huge HP pool and that is what makes blocking so effective. See why below:
"
When you block an attack, you will be put into a stun animation. The chance to stun is based off the damage done in a single hit compared to the target's maximum life.

Ty for the answer since i pick those passives i never see any block animation that is why i was wondering if it is working ?
The safest MARA build out there. Virtually no chance of dying
Last edited by puresin1 on May 13, 2013, 5:56:10 PM
"
vekara wrote:

my current staff. took around 35+ chaos for +1 gems. prolly roll again for spell dmg+fcr till get bit more currency

Thanks for the answer. I am debating whether to reroll this staff to try to get a +1.

I'd have to do some theory crafting to see which gives more DPS:
-78% spell damage
or
-+1 to all skills

Has anyone worked out how much extra dps the +1 gives to the EK gem itself?
Last edited by Daresso on May 14, 2013, 9:25:35 AM
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
vekara wrote:

Thanks for the answer. I am debating whether to reroll this staff to try to get a +1.

-78% spell damage
or
-+1 to all skills

I beleive the order is Spell damage>Cast Speed>+1 gems.

That staff is pretty awesome - I wouldn't touch it imho. If you are wanting something better, or just something to burn Chaos on, start rolling a new 6L ilvl 79 staff.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
vekara wrote:

-78% spell damage
or
-+1 to all skills

I beleive the order is Spell damage>Cast Speed>+1 gems.

That staff is pretty awesome - I wouldn't touch it imho. If you are wanting something better, or just something to burn Chaos on, start rolling a new 6L ilvl 79 staff.

Thanks Ed
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
vekara wrote:

-78% spell damage
or
-+1 to all skills

Just so people understand +1 to gems will increase the base damage of EK by ~11% as well give 1% added fire, 1% projectile damage, 1% cast speed, etc... though I am not sure if Iron Will gets any benefit.

Conservatively, just consider +1 to gems like 13% more damage as its effect is mostly multiplicative. This is important when comparing spd/cs with spd/cs/+1 staffs.
"
Just so people understand +1 to gems will increase the base damage of EK by ~11% as well give 1% added fire, 1% projectile damage, 1% cast speed, etc... though I am not sure if Iron Will gets any benefit.

Conservatively, just consider +1 to gems like 13% more damage as its effect is mostly multiplicative. This is important when comparing spd/cs with spd/cs/+1 staffs.

Hey Hackuseme,
I also calculated the DPS of a level 21 gem
"
MasterCard wrote:

lvl 21: 590-884
lvl 22: 660-989
lvl 23: 730-1094

I am finding that a level 21 EK is 11% stronger than the level 20.
737 DPS < lvl 21
659.5 < lvl 20

thank you for confirming my findings. Since as you said this damage is multiplicative, I wonder what the +1 affix would equate to in terms of spell damage. What do you think?
Digging the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info