[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
Deadbringer wrote:
Read the first boss and it kept saying you facetank most of the stuff. Yet on pob you have literally 5.4k life and no mitigation whatsoever. getting hit 5k on t15/16 is from trash mob with random mod.. Deeps looks good but i dont think the build can just facetank those higher tier map boss.

Trust me it's enough. And I do have fortify, taste of hate, Acrobatics, Evasion from Starconja for mitigation. AND as Assassin, you don't take crit from bosses, and thus you hardly get hit with more than 5k dmg. Anything don't one shot you, won't kill you.

Anyways talking is cheap, and PoB numbers are just numbers. I have videos of facetanking shaper, red elder, vaal temple, all guardians, not sure why you make a statement that it could not tank a T15 map boss. Did you really give the build a try or did you even spend your precious 30 seconds to take a look at the videos?
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 22, 2018, 4:31:04 PM
Pretty pleased with this so far, wondering if dual Bloodseekers makes a difference vs BS/ToA combo?
"
Catemonster wrote:
Pretty pleased with this so far, wondering if dual Bloodseekers makes a difference vs BS/ToA combo?

Hi there, I did test this both in game and in PoB. Short answers is: Use dual bloodseekers is way better.

For the PoB link I posted, if you use ToA the DPS will increase around 5% (1.35 million to 1.43 million), but the life leech rate reduced almost by half (45k to 24k), this is really not worth it.
Also when I test in game, with two bloodseekers I could face tank shaper's beam/balls easily, with one ToA I just die. Generally I feel way safer when dual wielding bloodseekers.
Been playing and tbh up till lvl 43ish its been a good build, get to the 1st god in act 5 and dead, so carried on and low and behold get to Kitava and dead, go back in dead, literally one shot'in me, now at this lvl HP is pretty low, and you cant really use belly cause i cant bloody 6link it, was really enjoying the build but may have to ind another FB build to try.
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Been playing and tbh up till lvl 43ish its been a good build, get to the 1st god in act 5 and dead, so carried on and low and behold get to Kitava and dead, go back in dead, literally one shot'in me, now at this lvl HP is pretty low, and you cant really use belly cause i cant bloody 6link it, was really enjoying the build but may have to ind another FB build to try.

Hi Toxic, to level this build, just use the leveling gear I mentioned. With two leveling uniques claws and a tabula you're able to one shot everything except bosses, and even the boss gets killed super fast. For the rest of the gear just simply stack life and resists, you will have no problem to level.

Your character is currently empty and I'm not able to give specific suggestions, but imo this build starts to shine at late game. Since you're only Lv43 atm, you'll not able to even use the bloodseekers. By saying all that, still feel free to try other FB builds if you feel more comfortable, but do come back when you reach a higher lvl when you could enable the uniques in this build.
Thanks Tony for a great build!
I have a couple of questions. Why do you use Ancestral Warchief? Ancestral Protector give more dps to single target. And i have some problems with survivability in a crowd of monsters. I try to use Acrobatics, but it only got worse.
PS. Sorry for my english :)
added this setup to the mix since i lost my res switching boot's to Koams work's quite well with 4 frenzys up plus vaal haste for bosses
plus life went from 5300 to 5700 ;-)
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Apr 24, 2018, 9:46:37 AM
wow, this looking amazing !! i will be starting this build today, just a question, why go as assassin ? I Was thinking going as Scion (Slayer/Assassin), what do you think ?
"
Baskerv wrote:
Thanks Tony for a great build!
I have a couple of questions. Why do you use Ancestral Warchief? Ancestral Protector give more dps to single target. And i have some problems with survivability in a crowd of monsters. I try to use Acrobatics, but it only got worse.
PS. Sorry for my english :)

Glad you like it! Proctector and Warchief in the end have very similar damage, so it's down to personal preference. I prefer Warchief more since it's AOE, and it helps when clearing adds for elder fight/ Eleron daily etc.

I did look at your character, and if your trouble is the crowd of monsters I would suggest the followings:
1. Use a Kaom's root if you really don't want to die.. Basically death comes from the sudden stun/freeze that you're not able to react fast enough. Kaom's root will solve this problem.
2. If you feel DPS is enough, use rings with 70+ life.

By doing 1 and 2, you can get around 200 more flat life, and with the increased life from belly and passive, the life boost is huge.

3. Use herald of ash instead of HoI. It may sounds a little strange, but once you replace that you'll feel way more smooth when mapping.

Let me know how you feel after the changes.
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
added this setup to the mix since i lost my res switching boot's to Koams work's quite well with 4 frenzys up plus vaal haste for bosses
plus life went from 5300 to 5700 ;-)

This is very solid. Next upgrade is try to find some rings/belts to cap your resistance, you may lose a little DPS, but you can then use Herald of Ash. I recently discovered that Heraeld of Ash provides more DPS than HoI (for my gear) and it's super fun for map clear, both clearing speed and visual effect :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info