[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
yoshis wrote:
It's shit haha

LoL then forget about that gem!
"
osho82 wrote:
Hello, i rly like this build cause it's fast.
But, i have problems on higher tier maps, cause, if i stop attacking for just a second (to capture beast, to place totem or anything) i'm just dying a lot.
Maybe that's normal for leech build, dunno, or am i doing something wrong.
Can u, please check my profile, and tell me, if i'm doing something wrong, and where can i improve (i have some spare exes to throw into build).
Thank you.

Your build is already very solid. Possible upgrades:

0. 30 quality your weapons. (I would suggest buy blood seekers with max rolls, not too expensive)
1. Watcher's eye 2 hatred mods jewel for the socket above blood drinker.
2. Get more life nodes instead of DPS node on your tree. (you have 1 5% node and three 4% nodes)
3. Wear a Kaom's root if you have trouble surviving.
4. Abyss jewel with 4 mods, abyss belt with 45+ Wed.

So for me, most death comes from a little stun, and instant dead. Brine King can not prevent the first stun, and that's the most dangerous timing. (It will be more dangerous if you're unlucky: throw a net, got stun by enemies --> dead ) So Kaom's root will solve this problem completely.

Of course, as Assassin the defense will not be as good as Jugg etc, so if you're pushing a really high level, it may take more time and concentration than other defensive builds.
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 19, 2018, 12:01:25 PM
"
nal_tony wrote:

0. 30 quality your weapons. (I would suggest buy blood seekers with max rolls, not too expensive)
2. Get more life nodes instead of DPS node on your tree. (you have 1 5% node and three 4% nodes)

So for me, most death comes from a little stun, and instant dead. Brine King can not prevent the first stun, and that's the most dangerous timing. (It will be more dangerous if you're unlucky: throw a net, got stun by enemies --> dead ) So Kaom's root will solve this problem completely.

Of course, as Assassin the defense will not be as good as Jugg etc, so if you're pushing a really high level, it may take more time and concentration than other defensive builds.

I edited my post, but u replied before it :P
Nvm, i got good gear upgrade, (as i sad, HH drop), yea, aiming for level now and watchers eye.
Thanks for all answers.

yea, sry, what do u mean with this: "abyss belt with 45+ Wed."?
Last edited by osho82 on Apr 19, 2018, 12:23:50 PM
"
osho82 wrote:
"
nal_tony wrote:

I edited my post, but u replied before it :P
Nvm, i got good gear upgrade, (as i sad, HH drop), yea, aiming for level now and watchers eye.
Thanks for all answers.

yea, sry, what do u mean with this: "abyss belt with 45+ Wed."?

Lucky you! LOL, I never got a HH myself.
For the belt I mean Stygian Wise with 45+ elemental damage with attack skills. This requires ilvl86 belt.
Hi, doing your build right now, everything is quite affordable except the belly of the beast and the Enlighten. My budget right now is around 150 chaos, and i expect to get more currency as i go along, i'm still noob-ish, though not a total noob. What do you recommend me to do, and when will those two items will become mandatory, and if i get the currency needed, which one should i get first, the belly or enlighten. Cheers and good build so far.
"
frankuck99 wrote:
Hi, doing your build right now, everything is quite affordable except the belly of the beast and the Enlighten. My budget right now is around 150 chaos, and i expect to get more currency as i go along, i'm still noob-ish, though not a total noob. What do you recommend me to do, and when will those two items will become mandatory, and if i get the currency needed, which one should i get first, the belly or enlighten. Cheers and good build so far.

Glad you like it so far. For leveling you could use Tabula until around lv80, after that if you're not able to afford a 6L belly, just buy a 6L rare with 120+ life, this could easily support you to around lv90. And until then you should be able to afford a 6L belly.

Enlighten is never mandatory. You can always go with hatred + another aura, and that's more than enough for all contents including uber elder (I did uber elder with hatred + purity of ice, no enlighten needed).
"
frankuck99 wrote:

For Enlighten as someone already said in 1 of the pages before you can get a starkonja with reduced hatred mana reserve enchant for 20-40c since frost blades enchant is 1ex+
http://poe.trade/search/ibitakiyonosin

Another option which i really like is increased ice golem buff enchant. It's almost as good as frost blades if you can keep your pet alive/summoned most of the time. (according to PoB it's 20k (%1.7) dps upgrade over frost blades but the %4 crit you get from it is pretty useless on trash with ascendancy but %2 hit is still somewhat useful)
http://poe.trade/search/oohonitoyokiuk

Also at beginning i had problems with capping resists with rings/amulet so i picked Cloth and Chain at bottom and Nullification (also has %5 life) near shadow start.

Edit: Another thing i noticed is both in game and at PoB claws with %169 and %170 increased physical damage has same dps which if it's true pretty much saves 40c x2
Last edited by izuck on Apr 20, 2018, 5:32:52 PM
"
izuck wrote:

For Enlighten as someone already said in 1 of the pages before you can get a starkonja with reduced hatred mana reserve enchant for 20-40c since frost blades enchant is 1ex+
http://poe.trade/search/ibitakiyonosin

Another option which i really like is increased ice golem buff enchant. It's almost as good as frost blades if you can keep your pet alive/summoned most of the time. (according to PoB it's 20k (%1.7) dps upgrade over frost blades but the %4 crit you get from it is pretty useless on trash with ascendancy but %2 hit is still somewhat useful)
http://poe.trade/search/oohonitoyokiuk

Also at beginning i had problems with capping resists with rings/amulet so i picked Cloth and Chain at bottom and Nullification (also has %5 life) near shadow start.

Edit: Another thing i noticed is both in game and at PoB claws with %169 and %170 increased physical damage has same dps which if it's true pretty much saves 40c x2

Thanks for putting these helpful information!
There will be difference between 169% and 170%, but it's negligible. For the PoB link I posted, I have 30% quality claw and around 1.3 million DPS when everything is on, and if you change one claw to 169%, DPS will decrease like 1.5k.
The 170% version claw was very cheap when I get them (~15c), but maybe because it's late in the league now and the price goes up a lot.
So another quick question is it better to get flat cold damage from a hatred mod on a watcher's eye or % cold damage?
"
sumowow wrote:
So another quick question is it better to get flat cold damage from a hatred mod on a watcher's eye or % cold damage?

For me, the % cold damage will provide slightly more DPS. But I feel it should depend on your gear as well, if you already have large flat cold dmg, then % is better, otherwise flat is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info