[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

Hi,

im also playing your Build and its very fun. I used it for Burials farming till now. I want a sold Bosskiller and i saw you killed Uber Elder very solid. (Just this damn balls) ;) Want to ask you how many tries you needed for it. And is it possible to put a 3rd Fight for survival in the 3rd jewel socket over Blood Drinker. I think it should be working right? Thanks for your nice guide.
Is there a reason you using Faster attacks instead of Cold penetration gem? Swapping these will boost DPS for like 100k and swapping Warchief to Protector also feels better for ele build.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Is there a reason you using Faster attacks instead of Cold penetration gem? Swapping these will boost DPS for like 100k and swapping Warchief to Protector also feels better for ele build.

Good question! Actually faster attack is not the best DPS gem, but it provides the most consistent life leech.
For example, with faster attacks you may leech 500 life every 0.5 second, but with Ruthless or other gems, you may leech 1200 life every 1 second (I make up these numbers just to illustrate). Although the total amount of life leech is larger, but it will feel a little inconsistent. That's why I did test other gems with higher DPS, but I still come back for faster attacks.

I did not try protector, but to me they're sort of similar. I think both should work fine.

Thanks for pointing these out, I will update the information for the gem section.
"
tbrv wrote:
Hi,

im also playing your Build and its very fun. I used it for Burials farming till now. I want a sold Bosskiller and i saw you killed Uber Elder very solid. (Just this damn balls) ;) Want to ask you how many tries you needed for it. And is it possible to put a 3rd Fight for survival in the 3rd jewel socket over Blood Drinker. I think it should be working right? Thanks for your nice guide.

Hi there :) It took me around 8 tries before I could take it down. However the first 5 tries I did not use Kaom's root and I die a lot to elder slow + shaper combo. After I switched to Kaom's root for this particular fight, it took me 2-3 tries to kill uber elder.
So if I use Kaom's root at the first place, I would imagine around 5 tries of practice. (If you're mechanically good it may take less) Anyways this build is not meta boss killer build, so I'm very happy that I bring it to the end game content :)

Third fight for survival should work, and I think it will be very good. But since I dropped a two hatred mod jewel I'll just use that :)

Edit: fight for survival is limited to 2, so you can't use three of them.
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 16, 2018, 6:38:24 PM
"
Lampra wrote:
hi guys.....1 problem for me so far...with my current gear my resists are29/20/71.,without any flasks on.am i doing something wrong ?thnx!!:)

Hi there :) you will need a good amount of resists on rings, try to search for rings with 70+ life and 100+ total resists, they're pretty cheap like 5c.
Let me know if this fixed you problem.
"
nal_tony wrote:
Good question! Actually faster attack is not the best DPS gem, but it provides the most consistent life leech.
For example, with faster attacks you may leech 500 life every 0.5 second, but with Ruthless or other gems, you may leech 1200 life every 1 second (I make up these numbers just to illustrate). Although the total amount of life leech is larger, but it will feel a little inconsistent. That's why I did test other gems with higher DPS, but I still come back for faster attacks.

I did not try protector, but to me they're sort of similar. I think both should work fine.

Thanks for pointing these out, I will update the information for the gem section.

According to PoB swapping FA for CP drops APS from 12 to 10 which imo not that big of a deal maybe it's just overall "feeling" like you leech more frequently?
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
You've been saying that we can use ruthless and maim, but which gems do we swap with and does it actually worth it?
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:

According to PoB swapping FA for CP drops APS from 12 to 10 which imo not that big of a deal maybe it's just overall "feeling" like you leech more frequently?

If you check my latest PoB, faster attacks gem actually provides more damge than cold penetration. So I guess it's really gear dependent which gem will provide more DPS.

But you're correct, this choice is more about my own "feeling", since I really enjoy the high APS. If you replace faster attacks with Ruthless, the overall DPS definitely goes up.

https://pastebin.com/AdG0xYmd

"
yoshis wrote:
You've been saying that we can use ruthless and maim, but which gems do we swap with and does it actually worth it?

Wow, I was just replying another post related to this problem. You can swap out faster attack, which contributes the least to the total DPS. But I really enjoy the high attack speed playstyle, so I will keep faster attack personally.
actually only 2 fight for survival's work 3 does not cause your limited to only 2
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info