[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
BER44 wrote:
what about touch of anguish as offhand?
any expierences?

I did try that! Not very good to me. With two bloodseekers I can face tank the beam of shaper, but when using one ToA, it's not leeching fast enough. You're losing almost half of the leeching rate. (For my case, in PoB leech rate drop from 34k to 18k)
Moreover, changing the offhand weapon won't increase your DPS too much.
If you really feel you're leeching fast enough and want some more DPS, change ToA to your main hand.(I personally feel way more comfortable using two bloodseekers)
"
tjkraft wrote:
why maim when we do no phys
and why is frostbomb lvl one

Hi there, yes you're correct. I set up the maim before my update 4 (when I still have phys), maybe ruthless and conc effect will be better in terms of DPS, but maim is also not bad for slowing down the enemy.
For the frost bomb, you could level up to 4, but what we really need is just the reduce life regen and reduce cold res, and they don't increase with gem lvls.
Is it possible to get a couple more power charge nodes to take advantage of UI and DI? I feel like we're missing out on some possible dps by not taking advantage of that.
"
sumowow wrote:
Is it possible to get a couple more power charge nodes to take advantage of UI and DI? I feel like we're missing out on some possible dps by not taking advantage of that.

Not worth it.

You gain 8% multi per power charge (and 40% increased crit, which is almost negligible).
That's inferior to any semi-decent jewel (you can easily get 25%+ crit multi there, plus life, damage, attackspeed etc if you can afford a 3-4 stat jewel).
And you get jewel sockets at 3 points along the path, if you want them (op does not, I think), which is cheaper than even the shadow PC.

Also, you want to be at full power charges at all times (+2% base crit).
So getting additional charges is actually not something you really want.

Maybe, just maybe grab the shadow PC in the tree (I'd only ever consider this because you get +int on the way there which makes gearing a bit easier).

Witch and templar PCs are way out of reach in terms of pathing, and their skilltree areas offer next to nothing for dualwield/melee/projectiles.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 14, 2018, 3:10:28 AM
little more dps ;-)
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Hello,

I'm lvl 87 now and my issue with survivability still persist, my life leech per hit is only 600~ (yours 1000~) as i can see in POB

I'm not very comfortable with my dps too, i'm with 108k in frostblade without melee physical damage supp because i have a 5l belly (but i don't think this is the reason).

my gems are not all 20% quality, maybe this is the reason (i don't know...)

can you help me to solve this please?
"
vinimatos14 wrote:

Replace faster attacks with melee phys.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Very nice build!
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
sumowow wrote:

Not worth it.

You gain 8% multi per power charge (and 40% increased crit, which is almost negligible).
That's inferior to any semi-decent jewel (you can easily get 25%+ crit multi there, plus life, damage, attackspeed etc if you can afford a 3-4 stat jewel).
And you get jewel sockets at 3 points along the path, if you want them (op does not, I think), which is cheaper than even the shadow PC.

Also, you want to be at full power charges at all times (+2% base crit).
So getting additional charges is actually not something you really want.

Maybe, just maybe grab the shadow PC in the tree (I'd only ever consider this because you get +int on the way there which makes gearing a bit easier).

Witch and templar PCs are way out of reach in terms of pathing, and their skilltree areas offer next to nothing for dualwield/melee/projectiles.

Peter is correct. Spending 3 points for power charge node is not worth it. You can spend it on jewel socket which provides much more DPS. For me I've just respec one +30 int node, two 4% life nodes, and got the jewel socket above blood drinker, because I found a hatred watcher's eye jewel :)
"
vinimatos14 wrote:
Hello,

I'm lvl 87 now and my issue with survivability still persist, my life leech per hit is only 600~ (yours 1000~) as i can see in POB

I'm not very comfortable with my dps too, i'm with 108k in frostblade without melee physical damage supp because i have a 5l belly (but i don't think this is the reason).

my gems are not all 20% quality, maybe this is the reason (i don't know...)

You can pick more life node on passive tree, and try to get a higher roll on your helmet and belly. If you get a 40% belly, helmet with 65+ dex and 95+ life, you will instantly get around 200 more life. Also for the abyss jewel you can use one with 30+ life.

5L is the reason you feel DPS is lower than it should. Swap faster attack with melee phys for now, and put it back when you have 6L. Also, your amulet has huge potential for upgrade, aim at amulet with 75+ life, 30+ crit multi, tier2 or higher flat phys.

Let me know if these changes solve your problem :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info