[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

Hello do we still need the "life leech" and "vitality void" passives in our tree since all our dmg is cold now?
"
yoshis wrote:
Good evening, found your build today, since I wanted to play as an Assassin. Gonna roll it out and see what happens. Level 1 now, heading to the start. Will post updates later!

Good Morning! Sure, come back and share your experience later! Also let me know if you have any questions.
"
Hello do we still need the "life leech" and "vitality void" passives in our tree since all our dmg is cold now?

Yes we still need those! These passives are "Attack dmg leech as life" not "physical attack dmg leech as life".
So they still work, and are important part of this build.
"
nal_tony wrote:
"

Yes we still need those! These passives are "Attack dmg leech as life" not "physical attack dmg leech as life".

Thanks for the answer.. Another question what can I replace taste of hate with untill I can afford it?
"
"
nal_tony wrote:
"

Thanks for the answer.. Another question what can I replace taste of hate with untill I can afford it?

No problem :). To replace ToH, you can use Wise oak, lion's roar, or just another life flask with instant recover.

Got it! Make sure you select Brine King as your pantheon. If you have already done so, then few suggestions here:
1. Change your boots to Kaom's root, or rare boots with 80+ life and some resistance.
2. Change your glove to shaper's touch, or spiked glove with 70+ life and some other mods(add phys,attack speed, strength, res, etc)
3. For the next three passive points, take Winter Spirit.
4. For the abyss jewel, find one with 30+ life on it. Crit chance is not that important for the jewel, look for phys dmg for claw, phys dmg, cold dmg, crit multi.

After you do 1 and 2, you should have no problem with surviving. Come back and let me know how it goes after the changes. (btw your belt is really good ^^)

[/quote]

thanks for the suggestion. Have done 1 and 2. In fact 3 and 4 as well. Am having a ball of a time. No issues with stun now. Only issue is that i need to get more life. Currently on 4.8k at lvl 79.

What are some other passives that will be worth getting as I seem to be completing your tree in about 4 lvls.

No problem :). To replace ToH, you can use Wise oak, lion's roar, or just another life flask with instant recover. [/quote]

Aight, thanks alot.

I have a couple more questions if its aight for you.

1. Wouldnt it be better to use blood rage in the golem links since the current support gems wont matter for him? That way we can get frenzy charges for free and do our clear speed even greater.

And why do we use quicksilver and 30 move speed on boots when all we are moving with is whirling blades? Seems like we can use a defense flask for even more defense instead and use boots that can give us more stats alot cheaper without the 30 move speed.

"

Aight, thanks alot.

1. Wouldnt it be better to use blood rage in the golem links since the current support gems wont matter for him? That way we can get frenzy charges for free and do our clear speed even greater.

And why do we use quicksilver and 30 move speed on boots when all we are moving with is whirling blades? Seems like we can use a defense flask for even more defense instead and use boots that can give us more stats alot cheaper without the 30 move speed.

No problem :). Indeed I was putting random support gems for golems now, and I'm still thinking if there's any better option. I'm not quite sure how blood rage will help, since the golem hardly kills anything.

For the movement speed and quicksilver, it's just personal preference. There are many places that whirling blades does not work well, for example Haku mission, uber lab with complicated terrain, dungeon-like map where there are lots of doors etc. For those cases I just press a quicksiber and runs very fast. But it's not necessary, feel free to swap to Kaom's root or other boots without 30MS.
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 12, 2018, 11:32:53 AM
"
nal_tony wrote:
"

Aight, thanks alot.

No problem :). Indeed I was putting random support gems for golems now, and I'm still thinking if there's any better option. I'm not quite sure how blood rage will help, since the golem hardly kills anything.

For the movement speed and quicksilver, it's just personal preference. There are many places that whirling blades does not work well, for example Haku mission, uber lab with complicated terrain, dungeon-like map where there are lots of doors etc. For those cases I just press a quicksiber and runs very fast. But it's not necessary, feel free to swap to Kaom's root or other boots without 30MS.

You dont put the blood rage there for the golem but for yourself and it will keep refreshing without the golem doing anything, thus giving you 3 free frenzy charges and the attack speed from blood rage which will be 15% at level 20 without quality during the whole map except for boss phase if he doesnt have adds then u can keep both blood rage and the frenzy charges up.. so its alot of free attack speed in other words.

"
miragesmt wrote:

thanks for the suggestion. Have done 1 and 2. In fact 3 and 4 as well. Am having a ball of a time. No issues with stun now. Only issue is that i need to get more life. Currently on 4.8k at lvl 79.

What are some other passives that will be worth getting as I seem to be completing your tree in about 4 lvls.

Glad you solved the problem! You can get the jewel socket above the "Blood Drinker" node if you do find some good jewel (watcher's etc). Other than that, just pick life nodes or dps nodes based on your preference. I think I've also provided a tree up to lv92 (does not include the third socket though).. Enjoy safe grinding! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info