[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
nal_tony wrote:
"
izuck wrote:

For Enlighten as someone already said in 1 of the pages before you can get a starkonja with reduced hatred mana reserve enchant for 20-40c since frost blades enchant is 1ex+
http://poe.trade/search/ibitakiyonosin

Another option which i really like is increased ice golem buff enchant. It's almost as good as frost blades if you can keep your pet alive/summoned most of the time. (according to PoB it's 20k (%1.7) dps upgrade over frost blades but the %4 crit you get from it is pretty useless on trash with ascendancy but %2 hit is still somewhat useful)
http://poe.trade/search/oohonitoyokiuk

Also at beginning i had problems with capping resists with rings/amulet so i picked Cloth and Chain at bottom and Nullification (also has %5 life) near shadow start.

Edit: Another thing i noticed is both in game and at PoB claws with %169 and %170 increased physical damage has same dps which if it's true pretty much saves 40c x2

Thanks for putting these helpful information!
There will be difference between 169% and 170%, but it's negligible. For the PoB link I posted, I have 30% quality claw and around 1.3 million DPS when everything is on, and if you change one claw to 169%, DPS will decrease like 1.5k.
The 170% version claw was very cheap when I get them (~15c), but maybe because it's late in the league now and the price goes up a lot.

Ah it changes at %30 quality then, because it doesn't at %20 quality :)

"
sumowow wrote:
So another quick question is it better to get flat cold damage from a hatred mod on a watcher's eye or % cold damage?

1 hatred mod jewel isn't worth 3 points unless you are lvl90+ or need the int nodes specificly. Getting Forces of Nature gives more dps for 3 points or %life+evasion nodes gives more hp.

I threw this character together on standard with some gear I had in my stash, and unfortunately bricked my first shaper set with it. I don't think the build is to blame for this or anything, as I'm pretty bad at the shaper fight in general, but I was wondering what I should look to improve in order to succeed next time. I'm sitting at like 5.7k life + capped resists, but I feel pretty susceptible to 1 shots from the end game bosses (I've killed Hydra, Chimera, and Phoenix without too many problems, but Minotaur absolutely romped me)

I've tried ToA + Atziri's Acuity, but noticed a big loss in tooltip dps from my current setup.

I'm not sure how to link my gear here, but my profile is public. The character is named Appletime

Thanks for your help
Last edited by Martingale7 on Apr 21, 2018, 1:58:36 PM
"
Martingale7 wrote:
I threw this character together on standard with some gear I had in my stash, and unfortunately bricked my first shaper set with it. I don't think the build is to blame for this or anything, as I'm pretty bad at the shaper fight in general, but I was wondering what I should look to improve in order to succeed next time. I'm sitting at like 5.7k life + capped resists, but I feel pretty susceptible to 1 shots from the end game bosses (I've killed Hydra, Chimera, and Phoenix without too many problems, but Minotaur absolutely romped me)

I've tried ToA + Atziri's Acuity, but noticed a big loss in tooltip dps from my current setup.

I'm not sure how to link my gear here, but my profile is public. The character is named Appletime

Thanks for your help

Sorry to hear that :(
I think here are some changes you can try:
1. Try get more life on rings and boots. Especially for shaper's fight, you could wear a Kaom's root for this particular fight.
2. When fighting Shaper, try use Hatred + purity of ice, since lots of shaper's dmg are cold dmg.
3. If you feel life leech is not fast enough, try use two bloodseekers. I could easily face tank all shaper's attacks with two bloodseekers.

Let me know what happened after these changes.
Thanks for the build, i was following Touch Of Anguish build but i didnt like the life leach at all, with that claw its fucking insane man, im using Touch with Bloodseeker so i have easy frenzy and insanely life leach, Im not sure if i should change my suport gems for FB, but probabily i will give it a try, thx again.
"
xdisaterx wrote:
Thanks for the build, i was following Touch Of Anguish build but i didnt like the life leach at all, with that claw its fucking insane man, im using Touch with Bloodseeker so i have easy frenzy and insanely life leach, Im not sure if i should change my suport gems for FB, but probabily i will give it a try, thx again.

No problem :)
Even without Touch Of Anguish, you could still have max frenzy charges up for mapping using blood rage.
For end game content, if you want to face tank for example shaper's beam, it needs to be two bloodseekers otherwise the life leech will not be fast enough.
Feel free to test different styles and enjoy!
What if i change your claw for a rare? what elem.damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7l2huDRNaA&feature=youtu.be
Look i've made better video gameplay with your build to shot how good it is.
This build is creazy i love it <3
One big thumb for u for making such a good build.

(Change in skill tree)
If u remove Acrobatics skill u got like 50% better clear and survivality than later.
"
lexrainken wrote:
What if i change your claw for a rare? what elem.damage

Hi there, rare claw seems very hard to perform the same amount of life leech.
If you have a 530+ DPS claw you can give it a try, but I doubt it could face tank shaper beam etc.
"
SeeteQ wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7l2huDRNaA&feature=youtu.be
Look i've made better video gameplay with your build to shot how good it is.
This build is creazy i love it <3
One big thumb for u for making such a good build.

(Change in skill tree)
If u remove Acrobatics skill u got like 50% better clear and survivality than later.

Hi thanks a lot for sharing your gameplay! Really love to see people enjoying this build. <3

In terms of Acrobatics, what do you mean by I'll get better clear speed without it? I think Acrobatics does not impact your DPS. Also, for survivability, Acrobatics give you a 30% chance of survive when you made a bad decision/positioning, and have to take a savage hit. (I don't really feel block and armor are very important to this build)

Read the first boss and it kept saying you facetank most of the stuff. Yet on pob you have literally 5.4k life and no mitigation whatsoever. getting hit 5k on t15/16 is from trash mob with random mod.. Deeps looks good but i dont think the build can just facetank those higher tier map boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info